Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Did anyone went to police after scam in ko :P?

This is a discussion on Did anyone went to police after scam in ko :P? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; 2 for price of 1 ftw and you can sit in beach for some days before...
Page: 2

banaanc

2 for price of 1 ftw and you can sit in beach for some days before

killer2675

didnt the lvl 80 warrior from Diez go to them? or did he file a lawsuit?
    Cant remeber his name...

Went to police coz of scam? No. Never did never will. Scamming usually involves stupidity, meaning big part of the victim didnt used common sense, or just plain stupid in general.[/b]

Just because someone is stupid or lacks common sense does not make it ok for them to be scammed. Stupid people have the same rights as anyone else..

Arthurios

never got scammed for money yet
    but I wont go to police if it happens to me, no point its your own risk

Banned

one my friend got scammed by one swedish guy...dont remember name , he was so young and playing with us on girakon.they look into it and there will be taken actions soon.we just comunicate with swedish embassy

p.s he stole like 100+ usd

If you buy an online book that you download or a program from a website and download it, and that company takes your money and doesn't allow you to make the download or gives you something else then what you wanted, it's illegal. You enter into a contract when you buy and sell things. The problem right now is that the virtual "world" andeconomy is new. Buying pixels as so many people put it, is not that uncommon and people have been doing similar types of sales since day one of the internet. Go into any photographers website, what do you buy? Pixels. Moronic thing things to say.

The laws are changing for the internet, how they will be enforced is part of the problem and trust me it is being looked into. But I would bet you that if you could actually prove you had the items first, or someone entered into a contract with you verbally or through msn or whatever, there are courts who would at least try it civilly for repayment of monies lost. Eventually this sort of thing will hit hard enough in society or it will effect someone with enough money and power to change things and it will be changed.

If you all remember the whole Napster thing. Before Napster you could make a tape or cd and trade it with whomever you wanted. There were entire music fanzines you could subscribe to and swap all you liked. The only time anyone got in trouble was if you tried to sell something as an original even though it wasn't. When Napster came out and file sharing went global, it was too big and impacted the music world in too much of a negative way. Many of the people file sharing argued that it was like trading tapes with ur pals or a club, like it had been done for 20 or so years in past. The people sharing NEVER thought it was going to be made illegal to share. The only point is that internet commerce is essentially new, and as things get bigger and effect the population, laws are then created in accordance to protect the citizens and businesses. Those of you who chalk it up to stupidity are throwing rocks from a glass house. If I agree to buy something on ebay or from a website, I have the expectation that if I pay someone there I will get it, that is closer to fit under law. In most of our societies a scam is a scam, and the scammer is treated like a criminal because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to decide what things are crimes.

I'm always surprised at the idiotic thinking of the scammers in this game and on this forum. They say things like "best scammer" and shit like that. Fucking morons, we could all be scammers if we chose to sell out our honor and pride for as so many of you eloquently put it "pixels," most people in the world decide not be a criminal and work towards making society better, safer, etc. If we all just scammed each other in every aspect of life and no one respected anyone's rights or took a little pride in their actions this world would have been destroyed a long time ago. It's the positive actions of being honorable and good that keep everything together. Laws are only made because you fucking pussies have to have others tell you how to act. Pathetic.

eh i probably wont..... only been scammed once.. and it wasn't something even worth talking about :P

well its true that if you pay for a book but you dont get it, its illegal..... but the trades we are doing is against k2's tos.. so not sure if the higher up authorities would help dno dno.. i is no law major :'c

Trusting people is not the same as being stupid, you can get scammed have trust and humanity in others without also being stupid.

didnt the lvl 80 warrior from Diez go to them? or did he file a lawsuit?
    Cant remeber his name...[/b]
    yes he had a lawsuit but he never told in public what it was really about
    he won and got his lvls back and his warrior

sime217

i bet the guy asking wants to know whether its safe to scam or not..

just an opinion, flame me all you want

note: i didnt look at his username, so if he's trustable dont flame me for that lol

Banned

not possible since its illegal to buy or sell for real cash according to the rules of k2[/b]
    Besides the fact that the character/account nor the items belong to any1 but K2 .

sime21

If you buy an online book that you download or a program from a website and download it, and that company takes your money and doesn't allow you to make the download or gives you something else then what you wanted, it's illegal. You enter into a contract when you buy and sell things. The problem right now is that the virtual "world" andeconomy is new. Buying pixels as so many people put it, is not that uncommon and people have been doing similar types of sales since day one of the internet. Go into any photographers website, what do you buy? Pixels. Moronic thing things to say.

The laws are changing for the internet, how they will be enforced is part of the problem and trust me it is being looked into. But I would bet you that if you could actually prove you had the items first, or someone entered into a contract with you verbally or through msn or whatever, there are courts who would at least try it civilly for repayment of monies lost. Eventually this sort of thing will hit hard enough in society or it will effect someone with enough money and power to change things and it will be changed.

If you all remember the whole Napster thing. Before Napster you could make a tape or cd and trade it with whomever you wanted. There were entire music fanzines you could subscribe to and swap all you liked. The only time anyone got in trouble was if you tried to sell something as an original even though it wasn't. When Napster came out and file sharing went global, it was too big and impacted the music world in too much of a negative way. Many of the people file sharing argued that it was like trading tapes with ur pals or a club, like it had been done for 20 or so years in past. The people sharing NEVER thought it was going to be made illegal to share. The only point is that internet commerce is essentially new, and as things get bigger and effect the population, laws are then created in accordance to protect the citizens and businesses. Those of you who chalk it up to stupidity are throwing rocks from a glass house. If I agree to buy something on ebay or from a website, I have the expectation that if I pay someone there I will get it, that is closer to fit under law. In most of our societies a scam is a scam, and the scammer is treated like a criminal because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to decide what things are crimes.

I'm always surprised at the idiotic thinking of the scammers in this game and on this forum. They say things like "best scammer" and shit like that. Fucking morons, we could all be scammers if we chose to sell out our honor and pride for as so many of you eloquently put it "pixels," most people in the world decide not be a criminal and work towards making society better, safer, etc. If we all just scammed each other in every aspect of life and no one respected anyone's rights or took a little pride in their actions this world would have been destroyed a long time ago. It's the positive actions of being honorable and good that keep everything together. Laws are only made because you fucking pussies have to have others tell you how to act. Pathetic.[/b]
    thank you, for that well put essay
    +1

oh and
    i bet the guy asking wants to know whether its safe to scam or not..

just an opinion, flame me all you want

note: i didnt look at his username, so if he's trustable dont flame me for that lol[/b]

+1 to that too XD

TopCat

if somebody scams me(tho id had to be f.... drunk to fall for smth like that) they will be the ones calling police [/b]
    ROFL

Well if you got hacked, then you can... if its worth it to you lol.
    Hacking is an internet crime which is punishable by time in prison if its a worthy cause, i think.

ImNotALone

2 be honest i know that k2 doesnt have to help you if u get scammed but if u do it the right way im pretty sure you could go to the police. lets say you are selling an account. instead of saying "i'm selling this account" you could say "i'm selling the exclusive rights to use this account." im pretty sure if u get scammed after making a topic like that you could go to the police. k2 doesnt have to help u because u are sharing. But they can't really do anything to you if you do share except for ban you? I mean they can't go to the police because sharing something isn't illegal and they can't make up their own laws. basically the only thing they do to discourage people from sharing is say that they won't get any assistance if they get scammed. Just because k2 won't give you any help, doesn't mean the police won't.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast