Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Did anyone went to police after scam in ko :P?

This is a discussion on Did anyone went to police after scam in ko :P? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; You guys seem to forget the law and tos in a game aren't the same thing. You enter in an ...
Page: 4

Teuroz/fingor

You guys seem to forget the law and tos in a game aren't the same thing. You enter in an agreement with someone to buy or sell something, just about anything, and that person is agreeing to supply you with something else, it could be a service, it could be a program, it could be a file, a picture, a recorded sound, a plan, a document, directions, some company or time together, a chat on the telephone, whatever the fuck it is, you have made an agreement (or in legal terms a contract). Once the person accepts the money there is an implied expectation of the thing bought or sold and the person does have to make good, or it's fraud (aka scamming). One could pursue this in small claims court or other venue very very easily so long as he documented proof or enough circumstantial evidence to plead his case. Someday, and I truly believe not to far in the future, you will see this kind of action happen, oh and when it does, it will open the flood gates to litigation. KO has one of the smallest USD markets in all virtual "worlds." There are a couple of "games," some that are entirely for adults by adults, that you can provide "new" items into that you actually program and create for the world. There is this one guy who sells pianos in this one world and sells them for $90 usd so you can put it in ur virtual apartment. This is the ONLY business this guy does and makes stupid money off it. If he starts scamming people, there will be someone who eventually legally goes after him and he's just one of thousands of virtual item merchants. You dumb shit scammers and the lot of you who can't see that thieving is thieving are so stupid you actually need a law made specifically to put your morality in check because your so simple minded that you can't do it urselves.[/b]
    +1

Friend of mine done this already.. If i remember correctly he was selling somestuff and guy never send money... so friend claimed rebate for time loss and gas he lost for travelling to wu office(60km direction) several times. He will never benefit anything abouth this, exept if this scammer ever come to our country he will prolly get arrested at customs
    Thats only for "scam"attempt

Banned

+1

Friend of mine done this already.. If i remember correctly he was selling somestuff and guy never send money... so friend claimed rebate for time loss and gas he lost for travelling to wu office(60km direction) several times. He will never benefit anything abouth this, exept if this scammer ever come to our country he will prolly get arrested at customs
    Thats only for "scam"attempt[/b]
    +2

EastonLemon

Police is a bit slow so I just got his personal information from WU, bought a ticket, made a surprise visit and... I guesss what I did is against the law, but thats how I do business here.... :wub:[/b]
    that made me lol

... who would take KO to court. and the police arent gonna drive to CAli just to arrest the staff there for scamming[/b]

cause there are no police in cali aready....?

lllSpartacuslll

Police is a bit slow so I just got his personal information from WU, bought a ticket, made a surprise visit and... I guesss what I did is against the law, but thats how I do business here.... :wub:[/b]
    LMAO good one.. maybe we should hire KO players ( like warriors lvl 80s) and make them go knock scammers face off :P

Trusting people is not the same as being stupid, you can get scammed have trust and humanity in others without also being stupid.[/b]
    +100

yeah i got in trouble with the police in the past because after a session of pking someone called the cops and accused me of rape.[/b]
    LAMOOO
    ... who would take KO to court. and the police arent gonna drive to CAli just to arrest the staff there for scamming[/b]
    they don't need to drive xD they got police in Cali too police is everywhere

I never got scammed.. just don't share and try to seal. it is the safest thing.. if u pay and KO doesn't give u g1 credit.. try contacting CS if still don't give you, just cancel Credit card and u will get ur money back and never play KO, play something else!

quuack

one my friend got scammed by one swedish guy...dont remember name , he was so young and playing with us on girakon.they look into it and there will be taken actions soon.we just comunicate with swedish embassy

p.s he stole like 100+ usd[/b]

What was his characters name ? h34r:

omg3lol

STOP! POLICE!
    DROP UR SHARDS AND PUT UR SKILL BAR ON THE FLOOR!

nice one xD

i remember a friend of mine had troubles with usd trade or something, but i dont know if its for real :|[/b]
    ahahah nice one...

OwnWiew

good question .

omg3lol

if i was been scamming for one guy i wouldnt go to police i would kill him with my hands...it would be faster and better!

Diez Orginal Senior Member DrUnKeNmAsTeR's Avatar

LoL

when anyone did it he have no life

I got scamed so i went to police academy. xD

Banned

LoL

when anyone did it he have no life [/b]
    Yeah, because he is a zombie.

The king. Senior Member

in sweden the goverment even wanna have taxes on virutal stuff now :/ they say "nothing is tax free"

ministry

in sweden the goverment even wanna have taxes on virutal stuff now :/ they say "nothing is tax free"[/b]
    yeah i read about that in metro :lol:

yoursodone12

You guys seem to forget the law and tos in a game aren't the same thing. You enter in an agreement with someone to buy or sell something, just about anything, and that person is agreeing to supply you with something else, it could be a service, it could be a program, it could be a file, a picture, a recorded sound, a plan, a document, directions, some company or time together, a chat on the telephone, whatever the fuck it is, you have made an agreement (or in legal terms a contract). Once the person accepts the money there is an implied expectation of the thing bought or sold and the person does have to make good, or it's fraud (aka scamming). One could pursue this in small claims court or other venue very very easily so long as he documented proof or enough circumstantial evidence to plead his case. Someday, and I truly believe not to far in the future, you will see this kind of action happen, oh and when it does, it will open the flood gates to litigation. KO has one of the smallest USD markets in all virtual "worlds." There are a couple of "games," some that are entirely for adults by adults, that you can provide "new" items into that you actually program and create for the world. There is this one guy who sells pianos in this one world and sells them for $90 usd so you can put it in ur virtual apartment. This is the ONLY business this guy does and makes stupid money off it. If he starts scamming people, there will be someone who eventually legally goes after him and he's just one of thousands of virtual item merchants. You dumb shit scammers and the lot of you who can't see that thieving is thieving are so stupid you actually need a law made specifically to put your morality in check because your so simple minded that you can't do it urselves.[/b]

You obviously have NO idea what you are talking about.

In one of your previous posts, you stated that paying for premium makes the virtual property yours. By this logic, we can derive a conclusion such as:

Premise One: Paying Premium makes KO items yours
    Premise Two: I pay for premium

Conclusion One: Premium users can sell their items and chars for USD legally within K2's TOS
    Conclusion Two: I can post my fucking name like GROBS did in logos and not get banned because im a "premium" user.

There is no such thing as implied legality. Unless its DOWN on paper and you have a signature and have it NOTARIZED (in the US), no such agreement between two people can exist.

Remember, the burden of proof doesn't fall on the accused.

By your logic, someone who sends money to a friend and then wants it back later can take the friend who got the money to small claims and get his money back with a WU receipt. No.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast