Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Did the PVP system in KO happen by accident?

This is a discussion on Did the PVP system in KO happen by accident? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; comparing samma with trollking and tallos is like comparing worms with harpys besides who says hee didnet quit loot aye ...
Page: 8

comparing samma with trollking and tallos is like comparing worms with harpys
    besides who says hee didnet quit loot aye
    tallos + trollking regains hp 2 fast for mages
    and why is soo many comparing dragging a darkstone along with you with sliding it 2 death
    some even compare killing darkmare with killing darkstone...
    wee have all killed darkmares draging it before wee were lvl 50 in old ko[/b]

he solo'd it

him and his clannie (la_blasty) also take down tk and talos whenever they can. I also think its pathetic how at lvl 77, you never mage'd a boss

HolyFish

Well I have never played a rogue or a warrior.... so excuse me but what exactely is a combo? I mean how does it work.
    Yeah excuse me that I never actually bothered since my classes, priest and mage, don' t feature combos.

A high lvl mage can very well own things. As well a high lvld BP.

A lvl 80 mage, paper, well, 255 MP and the rest on INT so that armor set then can easily solo a Darkmare, Balrog, Titans or so.
    The trick is not to get a hit.

Author: Herm'snewowner (Hermdigi)
    Server: Xydonis - MYKO
    Race: Karus

MAGE DMG TESTED

The great Hermdigi has done several tests with different mage builds. Hopefully this will help orcs and humans...and make those human mages more brave to come after me. So far being a paper mage has the highest damage possible towards humans in CZ. I've tested several staffs, armors and INT/MP builds.

CURRENT BUILD: High MP, low INT

MP: 245
    INT: 112
    3912 HP
    4412 MANA
    741 Defense

Full lvl 2 magician armor +7/hp
    Wreath of Erenion +7

ROM+1
    ROM+1
    Elemental Pendant +2
    White Silver Earring +1
    Secret Silver Earring
    Glass Belt

RESULTS: The staff is unbelievable. Even though the INT req is 112 and MP 245 to hold this staff, the AP is 85, flame dmg 78. The alchemy staff is higher @ 88 AP and flame 64, however the wreath of erenion hits much harder, even more than a lyacon +8 staff. This build also allows you to wear lvl 2 mage armor, not lvl one. This gives you the same HP, but higher defense. Highest dmg done to a human was 1450 to my favorite target Lordxander using lvl 70 incineration. Lordxander is NOT a noob with noob items, either. Most times in war...one AOE kills 8-10 humans. Continuous dmg is very high as well, from the flame dmg 78. When I lvl above lvl 70, I'll add more to MP, doing more dmg to humans. My goal is 2K each spell.[/b]
    Source: http://kalais.angrenost.org/mage70damage.php

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Mages combo -_-

Alot.

greishkan1

6 Warrior vs 6 mages
    Warriors win 5-0.
    If mages are intel they attack 1 guy dotting so one dies, if warriors are smart they get glacier pots and when warrior reaches mage its over bye.
    These are of course only 75+ and skilled.[/b]
    Yeah. Every lr mage will take one war and all owned I think mage is best owner +72 :P
    Look at this video Mage pk :P

little_painter

i was never in pestilence thou.. it only came 2 the thought of it,
    -.-
    i was without clan the 2-3 weeks before i joined kby issent the same
    and i still dont talk from hotair and nothing but nwm oky

Banned

i was never in pestilence thou.. it only came 2 the thought of it,
    -.-
    i was without clan the 2-3 weeks before i joined kby issent the same
    and i still dont talk from hotair and nothing but nwm oky[/b]
    still would be better if u were in pestilence then kb

little_painter

beats being in u_k thou B)

DuWolf

Obviously those making comments about how over powered mages are .. have never played one properly .. Mages are by far the weakest class alone.
    Shall we name the classes that can easily Solo ..? lets see .. we have

Warrior > Highest AC/HP/Effective Combo
    Rogue > Heal/Cure/Effective Combo
    Priest > Heal/Cure/Duff/Effective Combo
    Mage > Can FR himself .. lol

now Mages in a well co-ordinated party are the strongest but who wants to run around in a party constantly ? Ive played all classes 70+ an the hardest to play is a mage.
    C4pt4iN your misinformed if u think that was the reason it was left. this game was developed with a party system, each chrter str/weaknesses complimented by other chrter classes. the fact that most people can solo because there overpowered with there little combo bugs there is no need to adhere to the party system that was intended. Yeah without you being able to exploit this bug it would be boring for you because those chrters wouldnt be as over powered as they are an would be reliant on other chrters to support there weaknesses
    ..... as was intended. It was never the intention of the developers to have a class such as a rogue being able to constantly spam minor heal an combo a full AOE party ... sure i laugh my ass of when ive done it ... but it aint the way it was intended to be.

As the topic ask ... yes it was an accident and the main reasons it wasnt fixed was time/effort/translation/cost. dont kid yourself by suggesting it was because K2 thought it a fitting reward for those who could use/remap a keyboard efficiantly.

.. sorry gonna have to go laugh about that one. They cant even fix the login servers let alone correct an indepth fighting system. ( Yeah next time FFS dont pay up front .. at least get the source code )

yeah mages can combo but... r hit on mage is ~20dmg so combo on mage kind sucks but yeah i agree you, after rofd mages have becomed overpowered...[/b]
    the "combo" on mage is tought to cast Skill faster, isnt it?
    nobody cares about that staff R dmg but you cast right after that your staff which is effectively

Solstice

1) u solo really ? mage cant kill DM solo without swift+ transform, and because u cant use swift potion when u use transform , tell me how u can kill DM "solo"..... i with 75 mage (+7 personal staff) cant kill DM without swift , or without transform.so u kill DM with KOXp or another cheat program ?
    and BTW warior 63 with +7 scorpion scyhte can solo DM[/b]
    I used to do dms \ troll something or others with transform + duration pots, the time it takes to kill each one isn't worth it though. Mage sucked before fire drake patch, seems like it hasn't changed too much .

Banned Senior Member

So if your bitching about the combo bug so much STILL Duwolf, are you telling me you never let anyone in your clan combo? You've played every class and you've never combod? If they fixed it years ago, KO would have been dead a hell of alot faster. Ofc Mages aren't that great of a solo class, they're SUPPORT not melee. They can AOE people sure, they can save your ass from being kill with a tp, They can do nice amount of damage in one blow. Hell, a 72+ mage can do decent damage with their blade skill alone. The lvl 42 blade skill would stun sometimes, and do like 150 damage. While the 72 stuns alot more, while doing like 500 damage. And if you account for the constant damage from the blade, it evens out with that of a sin or even higher

Banned

Well I have never played a rogue or a warrior.... so excuse me but what exactely is a combo? I mean how does it work.
    Yeah excuse me that I never actually bothered since my classes, priest and mage, don' t feature combos.[/b]
    Mages AND Priests can combo. Lightning staff + a good combo= alot of kills. Trust me I've saw it. Priests have skills just like any other class, so ofc they can combo. I do it every day. Ever watched any bp pk movies? They definately have a combo.

Aba

Again, it becomes an argument concerning the skill of the players.

Sure, mages have disadvantages. But if all skills are used properly they can put any class in the dirt, as can the other class to the mage.

For instance, level 72 mage versus lvl 80 warrior.

Lets say the mage is ice or lightning, because most level 80s will do this, of course there are exceptions.

Mage has enough hp to survive until the warrior is slowed, then just blades the fucker to death, when the warrior finally (if ever) snaps out of the slow/stun - he will almost certainly quickly be restunned/slowed.

Fire, eh, they hit hard, dont even try to tell me a lvl 72 mage can't kill an equal level warrior, depending on gear it is entirely feasible, and the warrior doesn't necessarily have to "suck" ...what if the mage just manages to maneuver his character in such a way that he avoids the explosive combos and manages to just beat the warrior into the ground?

Ever watch GT's video? Sure, the gear is good, but some of the people he is blading to death (not to mention not even utilizing the act of sliding, he tanks) have excellent gear too, but when the skills are used correctly and effectively the damage is enormous, and lethal.

I think the problem being discussed here is not the "pros/cons unfair distribution" but instead the "mage is complex class therefor some people just suck at playing them and refuse to grind level on melee mobs" - which, (go figure) happens to be much more boring, annoying, and time consuming than their easy-to-level EW parties.

greishkan1

Obviously those making comments about how over powered mages are .. have never played one properly .. Mages are by far the weakest class alone.
    Shall we name the classes that can easily Solo ..? lets see .. we have

Warrior > Highest AC/HP/Effective Combo
    Rogue > Heal/Cure/Effective Combo
    Priest > Heal/Cure/Duff/Effective Combo
    Mage > Can FR himself .. lol

now Mages in a well co-ordinated party are the strongest but who wants to run around in a party constantly ? Ive played all classes 70+ an the hardest to play is a mage.
    C4pt4iN your misinformed if u think that was the reason it was left. this game was developed with a party system, each chrter str/weaknesses complimented by other chrter classes. the fact that most people can solo because there overpowered with there little combo bugs there is no need to adhere to the party system that was intended. Yeah without you being able to exploit this bug it would be boring for you because those chrters wouldnt be as over powered as they are an would be reliant on other chrters to support there weaknesses
    ..... as was intended. It was never the intention of the developers to have a class such as a rogue being able to constantly spam minor heal an combo a full AOE party ... sure i laugh my ass of when ive done it ... but it aint the way it was intended to be.

As the topic ask ... yes it was an accident and the main reasons it wasnt fixed was time/effort/translation/cost. dont kid yourself by suggesting it was because K2 thought it a fitting reward for those who could use/remap a keyboard efficiantly.

.. sorry gonna have to go laugh about that one. They cant even fix the login servers let alone correct an indepth fighting system. ( Yeah next time FFS dont pay up front .. at least get the source code )[/b]
    Then u suck as mage. If ur lvl 72+ and lr u can own very easy (eaven warriors and priests). After rofd mages have much better skills for pk. Your right that mage is bit harder to pk but they can own well :P

My opinion is that mages rocks and theyr best

HolyFish

Every role game has a fix system:

Mages: Stand far back and deliver heavy artillery fire

Rogues: A mix between mages, archer artillery, and warriors, tank. Advantage: Speed & Sneak a.k.a. Stealth

Warriors: 1 word: TANK

Priests: Keep the party in shape: Heal the maintank(s), extend their lifespan, also called buff or take it away from the enemy, debuff

All have their spot and job in a party.

Well human beings are egoistic by nature so PvP was invented.

IF you skill, stat and gear up your little precious right then you own people. If you don't you get owned. Easy and simple.

Duwolfy: I have seen you many many times in action and you can solo things quite easily. I mean your mage. I mean no wonder with your stuff....

A mage is of course by invention the weakest! No doubt! Why? Because the designer, the developers have invented a mage as an artillery far back attack char. A character that is not supposed to take any damage. That is why mages STR and DEF / AC are so weak. That is why mages don't need AP. They need elemental damage.

Still a mage, perfect geared up, look at duwolfy, can own solo easily even if he is weak.

Paper Mages? Battle Priests? Do you honestly think that was the designers / developers intention from the start? Same as Minor Heal or Combos. NO, HELL NO!
    Shoving all skill points into STR or MP and running around barely naked with almost 0 AC, well if you have uniques you gain at least something.

Just wait until K2 or KO or whatever allows lvl 90 or higher as Character Max. Lvl. Then the show starts....

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast