Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

did RoFD fuck up the game?

This is a discussion on did RoFD fuck up the game? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; id say implementing upgradeable jewelry is what killed ko....
Page: 3

susGe

id say implementing upgradeable jewelry is what killed ko.

Fire Drake added so much to the game... more quests more options and even darkcz to get rid of the noobs in reguler cz (arguably :P ).

KE did ruin things though, as far as compounding. However it also made the anvil harder to crack so less +9 items than their would have been. There are also tons more leveling spots. Can you even imagine only 2 harpy spawns, or 4 only 4 apos spawns today? You guys need to get over the "old ko was better" crap because the only thing better back then were the people and community... along with less people on diez period. If we were still in old KO things would be just as fucked up as they are now if not more, it only seems bad now because more people cheat than they used to.

I agree though upgradeable jewls ruined everything. -_-

mason_cro

id say implementing upgradeable jewelry is what killed ko.

+125645465868413132132312

If we all had access to only +0 jewels, even the worst turkish lvl 80 babashopper could be killed easily, but with +5 GM jewels they become a one-man army...it's all getting a bit old, i think Doc's idea of never playing a MMORPG ever again is sounding quite reasonable nowadays...

De_Piere

this rofd and ke simply made duping for getting l33t gera easier i mean kk jewels+0 only dam nice now some1 can be so godly it takes 4 warrior and 2 healers to tank him but of course soon guys with 11k hp will come, then well let htem have +7 or even+8 shells but wait they can just rebirth and mass dupe and burnt cuz rebirth is so much easier if you got tons of the same

Personally i don't like ROFD, its so funny how shells and shit for example used to be rather hard to attain. Now you run around every rogue every warrior is in full shell 7 with glowy weapons. And another thing, glow at +7 is so homo, now everyone can run around feeling all giddy with their glowy weapons, BOOOOOOO

Lawless

I loved old KO, but sadly none of us would still be here talking about it if it was still the usko build. Everyone would have quit over a year ago. K2 ruined KE/KA. And rofd is simply a superior game......as it was designed, However K2 got everything messed up so bad, half the content is STILL missing, bugs (90% created by K2, inherant ones are trivial) they messed around with way too many aspects to start with. Drop rates, anvil rates, xp system, and prolly 1000 other details. The beta had its set of bugs (mostly fixed, prior to launch), Now why are all the old bugs and a pile of new ones here as soon as they implement it on reg servers?

And I got nothing particular against Turks, relevant god bless them. But I saw what they have done to the game and the community as it slowly happened, cant deny it Baba's, no offence its mostly just sheer numbers. Game mysteriously started goin to shit about the same time ceasar and his whole ilk began to appear

I'm not discounting your reasons why...but being on the receiving end of a lot of complaints in KO makes me a bit neutral on this.

Maybe my memory serves me wrong, but everyone bitched just as much back then (sorta funny that this quality hasn't changed a bit). Albeit some complaints have changed through time, some haven't.

This could just be nostalgia for 'the good old days'?

morax

Things are always going to be "better in my day".

Learn to adapt, dont get stuck in your ways and you will be fine. Bitching gets you no-where technically firedrake is a good patch, its the shitty people that have come with it thats the problem. The games not the problem its the people playing it.

Personally i havent played properly for over 3 weeks now (not my choice i just have other commitments like alcohol)

I will make a judgement when i have time to play again.

CrusAd3R

Originally posted by morax
    Things are always going to be "better in my day".

Learn to adapt, dont get stuck in your ways and you will be fine. Bitching gets you no-where technically firedrake is a good patch, its the shitty people that have come with it thats the problem. The games not the problem its the people playing it.

Personally i havent played properly for over 3 weeks now (not my choice i just have other commitments like alcohol)

I will make a judgement when i have time to play again.
    exactly what i always say.
    first time i say it, +1764327217317417172172

One more thing...

I liked Morax's analogy of adapting to changes. I'm not touting Darwinism here, but watching Diez as a spectator gave me a bit of insight.

Players come and go, typically in waves. Usually when large changes takes place, a catalyst like several known players leaving initiates a large number of people to leave as well. Their reasons to do so are usually sound. They've had their fill of KO and life goes on. Great stuff.

So the dinosaurs of yesteryear bow out off the stage...the play must go on.

A new generation of players are gonna replace them.

Time to show your mettle in a KO filled with the very problems that forced out the new retirees.

Originally posted by camaz0tz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(camaz0tz)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-CrusAd3R
    no, it improved the game. ppl can xp easier. the PREMIUM fuked the game up.
    wrong...every turk cafe having this game available fucked it up....was much better with a low amount of people(not even enough to fill teh server capacity)...as its been said...original KO>all[/b]
    I have to agree... KE started to fuck KO up. and with ROFD it got... worse..

rofd fucked cz over

the rebirth system and the free shells and chests didn't help much either tbh.

i miss the days when a glowing wep and a full shell set actually meant something

edit: i guess the chests only apply to the newer noobier servers who couldn't do temple. ;x

taking_back_sunday

in old ko most english people macroed it was easy to get and easy to use, maybe tahts why a lot of you liked old ko ;p

lau

minglish > turkmunsun.

Jediay

i remember Beta from FD everyone with the 1337 items Roc +3 IN +3 and shiz but fighting each other was like punching a brick wall . Cz is slowly getting that way ( i mean in real game ^^)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast