Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Difference between Steam and USKO?

This is a discussion on Difference between Steam and USKO? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello, I used to play KO a long time ago, and some of you might remember me as PanchoVilla leader ...
Page: 1

Default Difference between Steam and USKO?

Hello,

I used to play KO a long time ago, and some of you might remember me as PanchoVilla leader of Vicarious from the early days of Carnac West.

I started to think about coming back and playing with my nephew, but now I see that there’s a steam KO? Not sure what the difference is? From reading a few topics it looks like that’s where majority of English players are.
    mrsayim likes this.

Senior Member ISpeakEnglishMate's Avatar

The majority are in steam cypher with a decent few clans but the only difference is some pus prices and events, if you are looking to return i would suggest the clan recruitment page here

Quote Originally Posted by ISpeakEnglishMate View Post
    The majority are in steam cypher with a decent few clans but the only difference is some pus prices and events, if you are looking to return i would suggest the clan recruitment page here
    Sweet. Thanks!

Banned Member

I played on Gordion for 6 months and was hacked two times with OTP activated.

I know play on SteamKO and the amount of english players is the same on Steamko and USKO. The biggest upside to me on Steamko is the events are in a more friendly time for my timezone (PST) and the IP verification on accounts makes it WAY safer.

Just my thoughts.

Little archer Senior Member

Hey guy, hows it going?

Steam seems slightly more polished and with better english speaking forum mods the last time I checked, not sure about the balance but they're not identical as far as I know (USKO seems to be ahead of steam by a few patches). The biggest difference is that certain PUS items cost more kc on steam compared to usko. Also, USKO forces you to use an authenticator to log-in everytime, whereas steam doesn't. Both have limitations for account sharing, making it a pain in the butt to do it, but that hasn't stopped people from trying.

SteamKO was released in Jan 2016 and only has 3-4 servers? Last one being hellsgarem, an attempt to make a new c-west (turkish ips banned). Sadly, that failed in epic proportions and is currently a ghost town. It's been a very long time since steamKO had a new server release, probably around a year or so.

USKO is going the same path though. Their last release was Manes, and it was also around a year ago iirc? Yes they are reusing names.

KO hype has been severely decaying, this time for real. With no new updates in the horizon (last major shakeup was steamko, also the last server i played), it feels like the game is doomed to die a slow death.

What makes you want to try this again?

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Hey guy, hows it going?

Steam seems slightly more polished and with better english speaking forum mods the last time I checked, not sure about the balance but they're not identical as far as I know (USKO seems to be ahead of steam by a few patches). The biggest difference is that certain PUS items cost more kc on steam compared to usko. Also, USKO forces you to use an authenticator to log-in everytime, whereas steam doesn't. Both have limitations for account sharing, making it a pain in the butt to do it, but that hasn't stopped people from trying.

SteamKO was released in Jan 2016 and only has 3-4 servers? Last one being hellsgarem, an attempt to make a new c-west (turkish ips banned). Sadly, that failed in epic proportions and is currently a ghost town. It's been a very long time since steamKO had a new server release, probably around a year or so.

USKO is going the same path though. Their last release was Manes, and it was also around a year ago iirc? Yes they are reusing names.

KO hype has been severely decaying, this time for real. With no new updates in the horizon (last major shakeup was steamko, also the last server i played), it feels like the game is doomed to die a slow death.

What makes you want to try this again?
    hey bud! Long time no see. Nice to see a familiar face around lol.

I honestly thought KO would be in the ground by now, but I see it’s not there quite yet.

The reason I want to come back is probably because of the PVP. After years of being in college, and then Uni I finally settled into my new job. With so much time available now, I started to play MMOs n such with my 17yr old nephew. We just can’t seem to find a game where the PVP is actually exciting. I figured I still might have some moves with these aging fingers, so I thought why the heck not.
    l911l likes this.

Diez Orginal Senior Member DrUnKeNmAsTeR's Avatar

Steamko Cypher have a big english speaking community and the server is almost full.
    The safety on steam is much better as the shitty otp on usko. There is still a risk of being hacked!
    Just the PUS items are more expensive as Usko.

is this CrazyHorse from girakon ? :O

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkMexican View Post
    hey bud! Long time no see. Nice to see a familiar face around lol.

I honestly thought KO would be in the ground by now, but I see it’s not there quite yet.

The reason I want to come back is probably because of the PVP. After years of being in college, and then Uni I finally settled into my new job. With so much time available now, I started to play MMOs n such with my 17yr old nephew. We just can’t seem to find a game where the PVP is actually exciting. I figured I still might have some moves with these aging fingers, so I thought why the heck not.
    Hmm, I see. What other games pvp have you tried? KO pvp isn't the same as it was before. Sure you can combo but now everyone and their mothers use a mouse or keyboard macro to combo for them. This includes perfectly timed minor healing combo and warrior combo with potting. Sure, in the case of sin you still have to manually animation cancel each skill to ensure you get a 13-14 or whatever skill combo without missing, but it's not the same anymore.

Then you get the macro apologists who tell you that you suck because you refuse to use a macro while eating turkish dicks for breakfast... it's not fun to have the game play by itself, but they enjoy this greatly, especially the latter part.

As for the 'metagame' itself, mage parties are pretty much extinct and are only viable at the start of the server, warriors dominate while spamming a rogues spike for damage and having 12k+ health, archers are trash tier, sins can only remain viable as a damage source with duration item (though they are still the best solo roamers, which is not saying much because everything is party based nowadays). The most dangerous party composition is 5/6 warriors and the rest priests. Alternatives are maybe a shield teleporting bitch mage, or a sin so the warriors can descent to them.

nub
    Banned

SteamKO has better security for me because it's much easier to carry your phone around with your e-mail connected to your Steam Guard Authenicator App codes. NTTGame requires you input your code from OTP Authenicator.

For a short explaining to best understand or know, I think you should really consider SteamKO. Just make sure you got all the information valuable and hidden as a secret so no one can take your account away. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by biliboy View Post
    is this CrazyHorse from girakon ? :O
    Yep, haven’t heard that name in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Hmm, I see. What other games pvp have you tried? KO pvp isn't the same as it was before. Sure you can combo but now everyone and their mothers use a mouse or keyboard macro to combo for them. This includes perfectly timed minor healing combo and warrior combo with potting. Sure, in the case of sin you still have to manually animation cancel each skill to ensure you get a 13-14 or whatever skill combo without missing, but it's not the same anymore.

Then you get the macro apologists who tell you that you suck because you refuse to use a macro while eating turkish dicks for breakfast... it's not fun to have the game play by itself, but they enjoy this greatly, especially the latter part.

As for the 'metagame' itself, mage parties are pretty much extinct and are only viable at the start of the server, warriors dominate while spamming a rogues spike for damage and having 12k+ health, archers are trash tier, sins can only remain viable as a damage source with duration item (though they are still the best solo roamers, which is not saying much because everything is party based nowadays). The most dangerous party composition is 5/6 warriors and the rest priests. Alternatives are maybe a shield teleporting bitch mage, or a sin so the warriors can descent to them.
    Thats really lame. The reason why I enjoyed warrior so much was because I could enjoy beating other top players in a 1 v 1. So, there’s no more Mage Nova parties on the rival CZ Home base?! It seems like every game is going META. People like to copy “YouTube Pros,” and hope to win without having to use much or any skill at all.

We’ve mostly been playing WoW or ESO. It was fun for a while, but both became kinda dull.

Quote Originally Posted by nub View Post
    SteamKO has better security for me because it's much easier to carry your phone around with your e-mail connected to your Steam Guard Authenicator App codes. NTTGame requires you input your code from OTP Authenicator.

For a short explaining to best understand or know, I think you should really consider SteamKO. Just make sure you got all the information valuable and hidden as a secret so no one can take your account away. Good luck.
    Thanks for the tips! I believe I tried to download USKO again, and couldn’t get with the OTP thing so I gave up lol.

Sup Carlos, I would recommend steamko over usko, better security, and a fairly decent english population on Cypher. At the moment cypher is extremely active, steamko just recently released under the castle and time portal patches. No GM injected items, many turks also speak english and are more polite in general, and yes steam is a bit higher priced in PUS, people also always fail to count the conversion rate. $40 in usko gets you 3200kc, in steamko it gets you 4000kc, overall steamko is slightly more expensive though.

Just my 2c, good to hear from ya.

Also bump for STKO over USKO. Dealing with OTP is horrible and you might still get hacked just as easy than without it.
    Hellsgarem was just bad bump on the road of STKO because of turkish block.

Next one will be good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast