Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Differences between the ventrilo and teamspeak?

This is a discussion on Differences between the ventrilo and teamspeak? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I have heard from a clannie that you can set your ventrilo room so that only one person can talk ...
Page: 3

DarK

I have heard from a clannie that you can set your ventrilo room so that only one person can talk at a time.

That sucks for pk though.[/b]

omG , is good option need + information

Bump[/b]
    Right click > channel admin > edit

min0r

thanxs Dark i love you xD

Bump

RideOn

vent got perhaps a better voice quality but i use to be in ts for more then 4 years now and will stay there^^[/b]
    u wont stay there ts sux ;p

come vent gay

Manilas

There is also one thing that can difference ventrilo and teamspeak.

While ventrilo does have better sound quality, some users gets problems with it sometimes and have high pings (I used to get pings of 22k). Even the customer support of ventrilo doesnt know how to fix it. I formatted my computer later for some other reasons and then vent started working properly again.

nocomment

There is also one thing that can difference ventrilo and teamspeak.

While ventrilo does have better sound quality, some users gets problems with it sometimes and have high pings (I used to get pings of 22k). Even the customer support of ventrilo doesnt know how to fix it. I formatted my computer later for some other reasons and then vent started working properly again.[/b]
    got same thing >.> teamspeak with good codec is not bad. someone said its sounds there like crap maybe u used 5.1 codec? : D

definitely TS!

i did here hudge comment why is TS better for me, but this SUX IE in school just crashed! microsoft crap

If you want less lag and better quality then use Ventrilo

1. Ventrilo has better sound quality 90% of the time.
    2. Ventrilo is more popular.
    3. Ventrilo's interface is far superior.
    4. Admin functions and registering accounts on TS are an absolute fucking mess.
    5. I've had much more connection problems when using TS than ventrilo.
    6. Since you can run teamspeak on your own server without license it encourages morons to have low quality codec servers and that is why so many people have come to hate TS.
    7. I haven't seen it in TS, but ventrilo has a global chat function for text as well as private chats (IM messaging basically)

Ventrilo is by far the superior application.

6. Since you can run teamspeak on your own server without license it encourages morons to have low quality codec servers and that is why so many people have come to hate TS.
    7. I haven't seen it in TS, but ventrilo has a global chat function for text as well as private chats (IM messaging basically)

Ventrilo is by far the superior application.[/b]
    1. Base on codex, if you willing to spend more money getting a good server, TS will sound better. I tried playing KO with teamspeak, and there isn't much difference on a dedicated UT server. [w00tabulous was on TS2 RC2 when we first started]
    2. True, in fact, A LOT more
    3. Self-preference, I liked TS 2 a lot more. When I first used VENT, I thought it was a cheap simple program, but I guess everyone like things simple. eg: google.
    4. Admin function and registering accounts are similar with Vent actually.
    5. Once again, due to host provider, I never had this problem.
    6. True, but it is convenient, and it doesn't take much to host a 20-30 slots. My friend did it with a 8M DSL (basically a business DSL), and it was running smoothly without lag. However, this leads to downfall of TS2.
    7. There is a global chat function, but I dont recall pop up msgs like Vent.

Vent wins due to popularity, mainly because people are investing money on ventrilo. If TS is restricted to licensed servers only, then it might be a lot better. People will be willing to invest money into TS2 for server providers, and regular updates. There was like 2 TS updates in 8 years. Vent has like one per year.

edit: I just saw their site, they are releasing TS 3 soon xD

nocomment

Ventrilo is by far the superior application.[/b]
    dont think so when i was playing all fpp game from cs,css,et,sof2,cod2,cod4,q4 (there is more ) all clans which i have played used teamspeak :f
    not really :<
    for me its vent than ts h34r:
    u need 2 know ip first of those ppl but yea its true : d
    have all chat, channel chat and private chat also whisper 2 a 1,2,3,4,5,6,..., persons

teamspeak setup is also easier than vent
    and on teamspeak u can record : p
    new version coming soon TS3 h34r:

with other points i agree :-0

Sure most of my argument comes down to mostly personal taste, however honestly behind all of the things I listed are hard facts, not only preference.

In the end popularity trumps all, there are some niche users that swear by TS, but in the end there&#39;s 10 of us for 1 of you.

The TS interface when I used it was a fucking mess, it wasn&#39;t even about taste. Not to mention ventrilo updates quite often.

TS use to be popular in the past, but now ventrilo has far exceeded it, and the reason you see these FPS servers using TS instead of ventrilo is because they have low quality codec servers hosted on the same box as the fucking game server.

nocomment

wtf yuber : D i didnt saw your post maybe because i was writing heh

imo TS, used it for about 5 years, had no problems at all with it
    Certain differance in quality, Ventrilo being much better and voices are much clearer.
    Ventrilo is quite the technical program for lazy people like me :>
    One thing i have noticed is getting a very high ping joining overseas servers on vent while ingame.
    wub ts :>

omg teamspeak is so much better, using admin on teamspeak just blows vent away. Having a admin password is stupid, teamspeak is better in giving admin permissions.

WhoompThereitis

TEAMSPEAK is way better

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast