Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hacked. OMG.

This is a discussion on Hacked. OMG. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So... how does someone hack you? If you never give any info to anyone what can they do? Should I ...
Page: 1

Killgannon

Default Hacked. OMG.

So... how does someone hack you? If you never give any info to anyone what can they do? Should I change mw PW and never log into the site again, or change my PW right after I log in each time? It'll be a while before anyone would want to hack me anyway. Not much to offer right now.

Killgannon

Maybe this is why so many are hacked... 32 views 0 replies, you guys better watch out if you all have no idea hoe to prevent hacking. (Not saying that's the case, but c'mon anyone know anything?)

DieWithMyKiss

It's just common sence on how people get hacked thats why they don't bother to reply.

Killgannon

I'm a pretty smart guy, so did I hit the nail on the head? I understand how real hacking works but is it the same for shitty MMRPG websites. They just get the database and use people actual login info to screw them? If so regularly changing the PW is all you need to do to prevent and not having a secret answer set up would be good as well right so they can’t hack the answer and get the PW reset?

Thanks again guy who always replies being rude and helping no one.

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Unless you had really really REALLY leet items, is pointless for a data base hacker to hack you, so probably was someone you shared account with, or got keylogged, cant say....

Change pw, e-mail if someone has access to that account, and hope for the best. Hope i helped

Killgannon

You did a keylogger can only get you if you get a trojan though, or so I thought. So be careful when you direct connect on MSN or AIM cuz then they can run your ports and see what you’re on and this and that. Not 100% how it works, but that's the jist of it.

nite

ms +7 so many bps better then me why did they pick me overnight whyyyyyyyyyyy meeeeeeeeeeeee :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

cRuX

it had to be a turk to cuz i couldn't login all night last night...i stopped trying to get in around 12:30 at night...woke up at 9 a.m and invalid password...<3 muslims

thats what they all say, why me

thats what i said when i lost my first and only item, ds+7/70 paid 600mil for it
    noooooooo
    fukin dupers :angry: :angry: :angry:

Killgannon

Your mad at duper for hacking you account ot are you saying you got a good deal because it was a duped item and then you were hacked solely for that item?

Banned

What about trade hacks? How do they work? If a guy who wants to hack u,trades u and u press ok,then u are hacked? Also,it matters if u trade or they trade? Anyone has more info about these questions.... They all saying about trade hacks but they don't inform us how they work so we get ourselves protection

Killgannon

I've never actually heard of trade hacking, but for some reason I'm not surprised... My suggestion would simply be to never trade with anyone... If they have something and you to buy it have them set up a merchant instead. Again, I have no idea what this is or how it works so the merchant idea might not even get around it. Can anyone enlighten us?

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Don't know about you, but when you ask a question, most people tend to ask it nicely, and in a nice tone. Your bitchy tone will get you nowhere.

Hacking occurs in 3 ways.

1. Brute force; attempting all possible combinations of a password. Unless someone knows your ID, it's pretty impossible. Plus, K2 server response is slow and their login servers are already pounded as it is, so it takes awhile for Brute force.

2. SQL manipulation; by using SQL manipulation and using the site in ways that it's not supposed to be used (for example injecting harmful PHP code) you can output the md5 hashes from the KO database, along with usernames. Decrypt md5 and = free acount.
    Nothing you can do to prevent this one.

3. Keylogger & trojan; don't be stupid.

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Originally posted by Killgannon
    I've never actually heard of trade hacking, but for some reason I'm not surprised... My suggestion would simply be to never trade with anyone... If they have something and you to buy it have them set up a merchant instead. Again, I have no idea what this is or how it works so the merchant idea might not even get around it. Can anyone enlighten us?
    Trade hacking doesn't exist unless you have a client-side trojan that accepts the trade instantly. So unless you're stupid, it won't happen.
    Trading is a client side acceptance - tricking the server into having the other side accept the trade isn't possible because the sources of the streaming packets are different. I hope the game isn't stupid enough to accept the "ACCEPT" packets from both clients. I hope.

Killgannon

Asian programming is bad, but i doubt it is that bad... thanks though, I guess I won't be getting trade-hacked... I'm not a complete buffoon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast