Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

DLW/Dark cz vote

This is a discussion on DLW/Dark cz vote within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Trii+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Trii)</div> Originally posted by Flam3_Arch3r @ <!--QuoteBegin-Trii well technically they should make it 30-59 since the ...
Page: 3

Mario

Originally posted by Trii+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Trii)</div>
    Originally posted by Flam3_Arch3r@
    <!--QuoteBegin-Trii

well technically they should make it 30-59 since the normal cz is 60+, if they keep it the same then people from 51-59 wont have a place to PK except war.

cz is still 30+ Oo
    main CZ is 60+[/b]
    same as eslant maybe no more kosp in esl too, coz mobs are much stronger

Trii

we're talking about Ice Age, they've changed eslant to 60+ and cz to 60+ zone.

Originally posted by Trii
    im alsot talking about ice age, in beta i entered cz at lvl 57 or so........

Trii

Originally posted by Flam3_Arch3r+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Flam3_Arch3r)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Trii
    im alsot talking about ice age, in beta i entered cz at lvl 57 or so........[/b]
    maybe u entered DLCZ. they told us its 60+

i never saw them saying cz will be 60+, only eslant.
    and exuse me but i know the difference between dark cz and cz and im telling u i was at cz under lvl 60.

Trii

lets wait and see

Either way..I've been bitching in clan chat and on ventrilo for months about how they should make a dcz...finally it's here, too bad I'm gonna use my last 2 scrolls in war. Looks like I'm gonna have to buy more kc. Oh well all good things have a price. ^_^

Hmmm..
    apart from being too lazy to spend time lvling my dlw mage.. I dont see any other reason not to increase the limit to 59.

I am not at all sure sins will pwn. Most ppl say they already pawn in current DLW, imo far far from true.
    DLW is sort of balanced as it is, or we are simply too used to it, since there is a class that is completely useless - buffers. But DCZ is another beast altogether.

Imagine a DCZ at 50.
    On one hand you will have normal up to lvl 50 chars on 120 AC buffs and on the other the DLW insane ppl like myself scrolled. Who wins and how easy? DCZ will be useless for leveling. It will be a pk zone that pimped chars will be able to sweep from one side to the other at their whim. Consider that the only thing that stops Tigan/Killer is either the whole of the human nation or the equivalent pimped up chars on the human side. In DLW that might be ok because everyone is concentrated in a small area and both nations pimped chars are on at that specific time, but I am afraid that in CZ it will create a huge imbalance.

DCZ at lvl 50 will end up being an imbalanced PK zone for the 40-50 DLW crazy ppl like myself to have fun in (i.e. to kill unfortunate noobs) and make their dlw clan G1 quickly, but it will be practically inaccessible to everyone else.
    It will end up being a boss hunting ground for the pimped up. NORMAL 40-50 CHARS with NORMAL LVL 50 EQUIPMENT CANNOT beat the samma. And I define normal as the equipment a lvl 50 has as they lvl up. NOT as what I have on baby silver - although I love that character, a lvl 50 paper mage with 350 base defense is not normal.
    Characters under 60 (possibly 62-63 even 65 in a few months as ppl level and with all these XP quests) will have no where to PK. How fun will that be for them? The purpose of this game is PK not endless lvling to get to 65 so you mght stay alive for 3 mins in CZ.
    And please, whether ppl can or cannot enter CZ before 60 is irrelevant, 60- chars stand no chance in CZ anyway and this will be even more the case as ppl lvl above 70. Try to scratch my main char, a 67 paper mage, with a lvl 59 rogue. Ha.

Now consider DCZ at 59.
    Buffs will be useful at last. Buffed ppl will stand some chance against scrolled ppl. Still 200 AC, but much better than it is now. DCZ will be used for lvling and as a PK training ground. Pimped up chars will still rule even if DCZ at 59, but not that easily, and in any case, pimped up chars rule everywhere.
    There will be a place for 60- to pk and lvl, since they can no longer enter eslant. Ppl will be able to have real fun in the game before their masters. And we DLW lovers will have a more interesting time and a bit of challenge.

A lvl 50 DCZ would have been useful in KE, when the limit was lvl 70 and 60- chars had some chance in CZ, at least when KE started. It is too late for that now. It is unfortunate that sins get their best attack at 55, before everyone else does.. but ah well.. this is the game. If you are going to mess with it, move spike to 60 rather than keep the DCZ lvl at 50. (this ofcourse would be unfair to sins since they would get nothing but dex points). If you keep it at 50, it will mean no pk until 60something at least. It will also make lvl ing to 60 very hard, considering you cannot enter eslant. And that will cause a greater imbalance then a single spike.

Agreed, spike will make sins more powerful than they are now. But consider the removal of the minor heal bug and the absence of the masters AP boost; in reality sins will not be as powerful as it seems. In any case the other classes have benefits too.
    -Warriors and mages now will be able to carry non-reduced raptors and elixirs - their class's best weapon- while only sins could do that until now with shards.
    -Duffer healers get to have parasite AND 1920 heal.
    -Buffers actually become useful at 59. This will help everyone who relies on BUFFS rather than on SCROLLS. Right now whoever does not have scrolls is severelly penalised compared to those who do. I dont personally mind, I use scrolls. But to be honest I dont see how overpowering ppl on scrolls helps the balance of the game.
    -Warriors get their new skill and also become tougher to kill-as they should be.
    -Mages will get pillar and thorn and large manes and impact. And if fire/light u get lightblade too (I think the build is 57-42). I really dont see why a spike should upset me so.

It all depends on what purpose DCZ is supposed to serve.
    If it is for pure "cult", "old-time, clasic" PK, you could keep it as it is at lvl 50, although to be honest, I cant see how a lvl 50 char on 1500/300 scroll is an old-time classic.
    But in that case I dont think it should have bosses in it. (although for me personally it would be better if it has, since as a mage in CZ I have little chances on them).
    If, hoever, it is supposed, as it should be, to provide an alternative PK and lvling place for low levels and sort of alleviate the fact that there will be lvl 80s running in CZ in a few months, than it has to be 59.

The game should not be for lvl 65+ only, with the rest trying to lvl in an overcrowded emc. For the game to renew and survive, there must be some way for new players to get to 65, other than buying a character for USD along with its full equipment.

At the end of the day, if you think sins will so rule.. make a DCZ orc sin character. I will be waiting for you in the bowl.

damn silver you definately had time to put all your thoughts together :wub: but yes I agree with everything that you said, I think mages actually benefit the most with it going to 59, especially paper fire, I'm already used to getting hit by pillar, thorn, impact in current dlw <_< once in a while...but now every mage will have it so they won't be so helpless anymore, and make me work for the nps that they're eventually gonna give me anyways. :lol:

Crimson Mage RIP Senior Member

imho spike should be moved to 60, i was always thinking "why sins get best skill on 55, and every other char at 60?"

and if spike go to 60 i would vote for 30-59... everything is about overpowered sins... coz they will be overpowered (spike+ctrl-minor)

and about 50 level chars with 50 level equipment, dunno about other servers but ares dlw is full of lvl 50 with gear from 65-70 owners...

if spike moves to 60 sins will be realy weak and that will be useless...
    its good the way it is.

If spike was moved to 60 sins would get screwed as the other classes get new skills before 60....oh wait...I forgot lvl'ing to 59 would finally give me vampiric to throw into my combo ^_^

Originally posted by Kalais
    imho spike should be moved to 60, i was always thinking "why sins get best skill on 55, and every other char at 60?"

and if spike go to 60 i would vote for 30-59... everything is about overpowered sins... coz they will be overpowered (spike+ctrl-minor)

and about 50 level chars with 50 level equipment, dunno about other servers but ares dlw is full of lvl 50 with gear from 65-70 owners...
    Diez has them too. We are about 20 on each side if I am not mistaken, slicing through the pack at whim until we run on those of the other side. Fine for war maybe, but not so for CZ.

And ctrl-minor no longer works I believe.

Gate7

I reckon that a rogue will need to do about 3.5k dmg (given that there is no AP boost from master, any1 will be able to pot atleast twice) let's say to a mage and be able to withstand at least 3.5k himself at the same time (and this is calculated on a warrior spamming him with a good weapon or a fire mage with manes) ... So you can see that it will not be easy 1v1. In a pk party, lvl59 rogue combined with duffer will be the most feared character but then again he has to survive the multitudes of pillars/thorns/impacts ... easy ? I don't think so.

Once again good pkers with good equipment will shine anyway no matter of class :-)

I think moving spike to 60 is just stupid...

Sin's skills have very long cooldown comparated to others ( 10sec for spike... and 5 for cut...) .

With only 6 skills combo will be slow for only r attack sometimes, when other classes will be able to spam.

And i think DLW and DCZ is good for lvl 30-59 sinces every other classes got new skills.

Oh and remember ... if you dont have 2k+ mana you cant do minor heal combo... a normal lvl 60 sin without uniques got ~1600. So he needs to get some HP parts to do it ( less damages)

Fair enough imo...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast