Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Please read this .

This is a discussion on Please read this . within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Phosgene here . now blah blah blah i dont care i got banned cuz i dont play knight i just ...
Page: 1

Diphosgene

Default Please read this .

Phosgene here .
    now blah blah blah i dont care i got banned cuz i dont play knight
    i just want to write smth before i am gone .
    this is an article published in israeli computerhi-tech magazine called Online .
    i translated it from hebrew to english so please read it
    if ur respect me(and even if u dont , its for your own good)please read it ALL !

"I played 18-20 hours a day untill i fell out from the university" ¤ "Games are the only thing that keeps my sanity" ¤ "I'm a gamer widow" ¤ Computer games addiction is getting worse and psychologists claim that it can be as deadly as drug and alchohol addiction

After drug and alchohol theres a new and deadly addiction coming : Computer games . the list of victims includes a 28 year-old male from North Korea that died from a heart attack after playing StarCraft for 50 hours in a row and a 13 years-old from China who jumped from a 24-floors building to join the heroes of WarCraft after playing it for 36 hours . another two incidents happened in China : a 16-years old boy killed his uncle to get money to buy games , and a man who stabbed his friend after the last one sold his vitrual character in the game The Legend of Mir 3 .

Sounds funny ? not really . new research proves that in computer game addiction there are all the properties of drug addiction. "We have the addicted man , families and friends crying for help", says the researcher , Sabin Groser from the University of Medicine in Berlin , Germeny . in an article published in NewScientist.com says Groser that the aseertained men showed classic addiction acts when pictures of thier favourite games were showen to them : they wanted despertly to play it and thought they would feel better after playing .

In a special day about this subject in University of Tel Aviv qouted the clinic psychologist Ran Parlman different research , and by that research 15% of the gamers playing internet games define themselves as addicted to the game , 30% said they are keep playing although they dont enjoy the game and 18% admitted the game hurts thier functioning . other research found that almost one quarter of the gamers play thier game more than 40 hours a week .

If u want to check if you are addicted , go to Olganon.org where you would need to answer some questions such as :"would you rather log into an internet game over meeting real-life friends?" , "are most of your friends gamers , who hang out together mainly in net games?" , "are you trying to find ways to play even when you are not home ?" , "can you predict how long will the game go?" , "did you play longer than what you predicted ?" , "do you denial being addicted but in certian way still feel that you need to play or keeping your online character?"

Gamer Chris answer yes to all of these questions. " I Havn't played much as a kid" he writes on Olganon.org forums under the nickname of WastedLife."In 1994 i was in the second year of my doctorant when an adventure game hit me like a train . i hav'nt slept(well , 3 hours seemed neccessary) and lived on donats and ice tea . it lasted 3 months , in which i played 18-20 hours a day , until i fell from the university . my family was so worried , till in several times they had to call the cops . finally i was forced to come back home . my carrier went to the trash , but in '94 computers were getting popular and hell i had about 2,000 hours of experience with one , did i ? so i found my first job in computer support and later i became a programmer . years went by and i played from while to while , but most of the time i was with my family and friends . it lasted until 1997 , then i started to pull everyone off me . i stopped going out with friends , i havnt answer my phone calls . I played all the time , but in reasonable amount . i kept my work and played at weekends . but slowly things were getting worse . finally i started to drink because of the game...at the beginning 6 cans of bear for a weekend , two years later 12 and going higher . weekend of three days required 30 cans of bear and weekend of two - atleast 18 . at the start i drunk to be able to play , but at the end i wondered if i wasnt playing to be able to drink . i realised i have a problem . i tried to stop a few times , but i was always getting broken . the first time i tried to quit i deleted my hard disc and took the computer to work . it lasted about a month , till i realised i can bring it back . i cut the keyboard cable three times . everytime it was enough for a month or two , but then i would spend 40$ and buy a new keyboard . in 2000 i even broke my computer . it felt good , but a year later i bought a new one . the last two years were worst . i play 50 hours a week . it must stop . its redicoulos , i dont really enjoy the game anymore - its just something i have to do . addiction is a wierd thing . you can see how deadly and stupid it is , but you just cant take control of yourself . you want to stop so bad , but at the same time you to do it more than anything else . insane !!

"Now its my last chance . i decided to quit last monday but i played at saturday and sunday , so i would quit this monday . i would also cancel my internet connection and give the computer to someone . if not , this would ruin me . thanks for listening ."

Chris got addicted to the popular net game EverQuest of Sony , a game that sometimes is being play by hundreds of thousends at once . its a fantasy game where each gamer is represented by a character he makes for himself : an elf , a troll or a warrior . to get forward in the game you have to kill "weeker" characters that has less weapons , less experience or less strength and earn "Experience points " . the only problem is that this game never ends , and the player can get higher and higher . "its a game which connects people one to the other , and all the rest is secondary", says the game developer Geofry Zatkin. "we built a world where you cant win , and it does not ends . we are trying to copy the real life " .

In a research called "Ever On EverQuest" , Michael Hiens is trying to prove that this is the exact reason of why EverQuest is at the top of the list of the most addicting games - 20% of players report playing 60-80 hours a week . Hiens says one of the ways to make people be addicted is the inability to stop or save the game : in EverQuest , if a player is trying to stop playing he has to find a "safe spot" to "park" in it - a proccess that can last hours .
    to play EverQuest you have to pay 14$ a month , and by Hiens , Sony has a clear interest of getting players to the situation of "i cant stop" .

Diana Silverman Clar , head of the Gamology program at the Multi-general school in Beit-Berl(Israel) , agrees that sometimes companies are "planting" elements which make people get addicted to thier games . "just like movie creators , games designers knows what effects will make the player play it again ." she says . she also says that there are known situations that makes the gamer play it again. "these situations are usually connected , by addicted gamers , to "joy" . people pull alot of satisfaction from the game and want to repeat it , like using a drug . they are like little kids who want thier perants to repeat the same story , with the same drama and the same way ".

Psychologist Parlman explains that games are built in a certian way . at the beginning the player is getting stronger every short amount of time . when the player is getting more "into" the game , he has to put more energy and efforts to gain "experience" . this theory is being confirmed from other source , a research lately published in the magazine American Science .
    the researchers Eirwing Biederman and Edoward Wessel says that a moment of joy in the game causes the release of a natural drug from the brain , a drug reminds Opioid , and by the researchers the brain needs that drug .

By the way , a lot of games are built with a huge number of levels and difficult levels . this means that if the gamer is more addicted , the game is giving him an over-increasing feeling of thriling and joy for a few months and even more .

Like any other addiction , even when it comes to games , the addicted man's inviorment is affected as well . a research took place in Taiwan showed that the longer the gamers play , the poorer thier inter-personal relationship and bigger thier level of society fear .

"I'm a gamer "widow" for two years . we got married not long ago , but my husband got married with his game , World of Warcraft , which he started to play as soon as the game was released . he got addicted to two games at the past , and i seriously tried to keep him from getting addicted again , but it lasted until Christmas . he convinced me to let him sign to the game and i let him " , says a female call herself Lioness at GamerWidow.com . "at the start it was'nt that bad , but quickly it became a real addiction . i talked with him about it all the time and i was very angry . then he realised i should play it too , so i can understand him . i decided our marrige worth it , so i joined him . it didnt took alot of time till i got addicted as well . i found myself one day 'waking up' after 12 hours of playing . i realised that in this week i did not clean the house , i didnt pay my bills and i didnt answer my mom phone calls . when i realised what has the game dont to me , i immediatly quitted . i found myself dreaming on the game , with non-wanted pulses of getting back to the game . i started to understand my husband but when i saw myself at this situation i realised how sick was it and the addiction disgusted me . i didnt believe i could turn into this kind of person . thank god we have no kids ! ".

Clar is not surprised from that story : "there is an increase in the addiction of women at the age of 30-40 who is playing arcade games and puzles " , she says , and adds that the prediction for 2010 is that until than the number of gamers will be increased by 50% .
    a women named Debi , for example , got addicted to "Solitaire" ."in the past i asked my husband to remove all the games from the computer , but now i want to take control of the pulse . i wanted to be able to play a game sometimes so badly . i know the game is provides me mental escaping . this affected my family , and my husband was the first to call it an 'addiction' . my children want to play when they see me do it . they are waiting so i can finish my 'one last game' " , she writes at OLGA .
    "yesterday is a good example to my problem : i had a day off , first one since a long time ago , and i was excited to complete my tasks(cleaning the table , pay the bills etc.) . i lost a game , and decided that if i would play i would surly win . when i won i wanted to play another game to increase to total winning score in the statistics . before i realised what happened , morning went by and i havnt done anything , and it happened too many times . again i felt disappointed and mad about myself for wasting so many precious time" .

but it seems that sometimes its the feeling of faliour that can develope plesure : researchers checked gamers playing Nintendo Game Cube while both succedding and failling . by the researchers , the checked players had more fun and joy from moments they failed then in moments they succeded . the researchers explain that when you fail in the game Super Monkey Ball 2 a monkey is sent to the space ."theres is some feeling of joy coming with it , in a way that is opposite to our intuations " , said the researchers .

Is there anyway to stop ? player Zorph writes : "I'm worthless . the games are the only think that keeps my sanity . when i dont play , im in fear of when im going to play it again . i'm always pissed and screaming on everybody . the only time i feel popular is when i play . im playing in a competetive way , so lot of people hate me . sometimes i agree with them and sometimes i offend them . i cant control myself . i play everyday , the whole day . i drink energy drinks and once in a week hanging at the local internet-cafe . they know me pretty well . im addicted to alot of games . i don't think i could ever stop " .

----

now
    some people may not like what i am saying...
    but what the fuck are u spending ur life on ?
    in front of a fucking MONITOR ?
    when i look back into the past i am getting sick of how i acted , how i actually thought twice if i should go out with my friends or stay on good exp party...guh...

why the fuck do u keep play KNIGHT ?
    this game has gone way too far .
    lets put the cards on the table .
    its a P2P .
    i dont give a fuck if u say "P2P u pay to get into server screen" , wow , in knight i cant enter any server when im in server screen so WHAT THE FUCK is the difference ?
    u pay 8.95$ a month(atleast...not to talk about gold users...)for what ?
    for servers that crash , for retarded turks that have completely over taken this game ?
    for the worst costumer support i have ever seen in my life ?
    for a company that puts the money alot before thier costumers ?
    when will u realize that u ARE addicted to the fucking game ?
    otherwise what can explain the fact that u are suffering and u ENJOY it ?

anyway , most of u will think "what the hell is this nuts talking about , we are having fun" , but hey , lets face it...
    why everyday i see a new post about "wtf is this rollback?" or "BRING THE SCROLLS BACK" or smth like that ?
    u are not having fun , it just became a part of ur damn life...

not to talk about to consequences of u being infront of a monitor so many hours.....
    u soon realize how the computer became a good friends of urs when it actually should be ur servant...
    u are gaining wieght ... yes u do , even if u dont think u do .
    u cant eat blah blah blah drink bear blah blah blah not move and remain skinny ...

anyway what i am saying is , try to look from the side about this situation...u pay for a game u dont like and even harms u , mentally and physicaly...

just think alot of time and you will realize how sick what have u done were...

one day you will understand you have been pathetic , i am just trying to make this day come faster .

ZhouYu

LMAO, I anit reading all that....

sophiem

every word here cost a gold

I stopped to play in games not only ko... and now i dont have anymore high stres and i am feeling good..

take this article like an advice to your life

Default Re: Please read this .

Originally posted by Diphosgene

After drug and alchohol theres a new and deadly addiction coming : Computer games . the list of victims includes a 28 year-old male from North Korea that died from a heart attack after playing StarCraft for 50 hours in a row and a 13 years-old from China who jumped from a 24-floors building to join the heroes of WarCraft after playing it for 36 hours . another two incidents happened in China : a 16-years old boy killed his uncle to get money to buy games , and a man who stabbed his friend after the last one sold his vitrual character in the game The Legend of Mir 3 . *

rofl :lol: funny stuff.. but yea it is kinda sad.. i know im fairly addicted to online games.. but i use it as a median to manage stress between irl stuff, sports, and school.. so i dont see it as that bad.. but it would be kinda nice to quit it all :wub:

M0NSTERED

1. We admitted we were powerless over on-line gaming, and that our lives have become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure, them or others.

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other compulsive on-line gamers and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

LOL , On-Line Gamers Anonymous

Default Re: Please read this .

Originally posted by Majix+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Majix)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Diphosgene

After drug and alchohol theres a new and deadly addiction coming : Computer games . the list of victims includes a 28 year-old male from North Korea that died from a heart attack after playing StarCraft for 50 hours in a row and a 13 years-old from China who jumped from a 24-floors building to join the heroes of WarCraft after playing it for 36 hours . another two incidents happened in China : a 16-years old boy killed his uncle to get money to buy games , and a man who stabbed his friend after the last one sold his vitrual character in the game The Legend of Mir 3 . *

rofl :lol: funny stuff.. but yea it is kinda sad.. i know im fairly addicted to online games.. but i use it as a median to manage stress between irl stuff, sports, and school.. so i dont see it as that bad.. but it would be kinda nice to quit it all :wub:[/b]
    nah, quitting life sounds painful to me :x

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

B> life for ingame coins, pm me

whassup

na me thinks everything he said is 100% true

Amine

This is the real reason why i stoped playing KO, not only because i have studies and gotta take care of my gf, but also because of the addiction it may cause, i remember back like 4 months ago, i was playing KO at least 6 hours per day , wich is ALOT.

i play when im bored... turns out im bored alot

Banned

True shit, hacked 4 times. if i have bad security (i doubt) or if k2 has bad security, either way i rebuilded myself each and every time. im sick of that shit

I payed them, for nothing. greenster good gm, company aint. either way i cant keep doing that shit, i agree quit it

NooBZilla

ekk thats a long novel

whassup

everyone knows it there just to scared to admit it :P

Diphosgene

Originally posted by NooBZilla
    ekk thats a long novel
    its not a novel since it has a bad end...unless u quit .

Sticky pls :P

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast