Does the "increased dodge rate" stat actually work? (steam ko)

This is a discussion on Does the "increased dodge rate" stat actually work? (steam ko) within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Has anyone tested whether or not the increase dodging rate bonus on items like the elf belt actually work? I ...
Page: 1

Question Does the "increased dodge rate" stat actually work? (steam ko)

Has anyone tested whether or not the increase dodging rate bonus on items like the elf belt actually work?
    I know there is no visible stat that is affected by it but some say it actually works and causes people to "miss" attacks more.

don't work

It never was confirmed that this worked as intended.

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Might work in Korea, but not in USKO/STKO/EUKO.
    There is no evidence that it has ever worked.

If it doesn't work then why the hell is the elf belt so much more expensive than a dex belt or judi belt?! Cause essentially the only viable stat on it is the dex and ac...

Quote Originally Posted by fjacky04 View Post
    If it doesn't work then why the hell is the elf belt so much more expensive than a dex belt or judi belt?! Cause essentially the only viable stat on it is the dex and ac...
    I have heard from few sources who are playing sins for like 10 years, that elf belt actually increases your chance to do a nice critical when you use CP. You know, sometimes numbers are not that high when you CP spike, but with elf belt, more often you get those big numbers..

I tried switching judi+3 to elf belt+3 on cz hero, but I don't wanna say for a fact that it has worked, I guess, what I am tryin to say is, I think it may work...

P.S. damn tired, dunno if that makes sense, and damn I didn't post here for nearly 6 months or more

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by fjacky04 View Post
    Same reason why IB is much more expensive than glass belt. AC matters, a lot.

As far as the actual question, I've heard stuff ranging from less spike misses, to increasing the chances of doing 'crit' hits (takes the higher value of your potential damage numbers), to making THEIR spike miss more often on you, or giving you a discount in your nearest fast food establishment.

It's a useless stat, much like the attack power % increase one.

in cypher glass belt was more expensive than IB. now prices are pretty even

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Same reason why IB is much more expensive than glass belt. AC matters, a lot.

As far as the actual question, I've heard stuff ranging from less spike misses, to increasing the chances of doing 'crit' hits (takes the higher value of your potential damage numbers), to making THEIR spike miss more often on you, or giving you a discount in your nearest fast food establishment.

It's a useless stat, much like the attack power % increase one.
    I remember seeing the attack power increase stat for the first time and losing my fucking mind, only to realize it doesn't even work lol.

its not work like ap.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    I remember seeing the attack power increase stat for the first time and losing my fucking mind, only to realize it doesn't even work lol.
    My first character (a mage) wore one of those belts. +6 with 30% AP increase! I never stopped to see if it actually worked or not, but I was sure it was a great item lol.