Results 1 to 11 of 11

Does the "increased dodge rate" stat actually work? (steam ko)

This is a discussion on Does the "increased dodge rate" stat actually work? (steam ko) within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Has anyone tested whether or not the increase dodging rate bonus on items like the elf belt actually work? I ...
Page: 1


  1. #1
    aka RBG Senior Member fjacky04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    33

    Question Does the "increased dodge rate" stat actually work? (steam ko)

    Has anyone tested whether or not the increase dodging rate bonus on items like the elf belt actually work?
    I know there is no visible stat that is affected by it but some say it actually works and causes people to "miss" attacks more.

  2. #2
    Senior Member SEDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    PORTUGAL
    Posts
    229

    Default

    don't work

  3. #3
    Senior Member regiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    3,591

    Default

    It never was confirmed that this worked as intended.

  4. #4
    Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    Might work in Korea, but not in USKO/STKO/EUKO.
    There is no evidence that it has ever worked.

  5. #5
    aka RBG Senior Member fjacky04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    33

    Default

    If it doesn't work then why the hell is the elf belt so much more expensive than a dex belt or judi belt?! Cause essentially the only viable stat on it is the dex and ac...

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fjacky04 View Post
    If it doesn't work then why the hell is the elf belt so much more expensive than a dex belt or judi belt?! Cause essentially the only viable stat on it is the dex and ac...
    I have heard from few sources who are playing sins for like 10 years, that elf belt actually increases your chance to do a nice critical when you use CP. You know, sometimes numbers are not that high when you CP spike, but with elf belt, more often you get those big numbers..

    I tried switching judi+3 to elf belt+3 on cz hero, but I don't wanna say for a fact that it has worked, I guess, what I am tryin to say is, I think it may work...


    P.S. damn tired, dunno if that makes sense, and damn I didn't post here for nearly 6 months or more

  7. #7
    Amuse me Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fjacky04 View Post
    If it doesn't work then why the hell is the elf belt so much more expensive than a dex belt or judi belt?! Cause essentially the only viable stat on it is the dex and ac...
    Same reason why IB is much more expensive than glass belt. AC matters, a lot.

    As far as the actual question, I've heard stuff ranging from less spike misses, to increasing the chances of doing 'crit' hits (takes the higher value of your potential damage numbers), to making THEIR spike miss more often on you, or giving you a discount in your nearest fast food establishment.

    It's a useless stat, much like the attack power % increase one.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    956

    Default

    in cypher glass belt was more expensive than IB. now prices are pretty even

  9. #9
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Same reason why IB is much more expensive than glass belt. AC matters, a lot.

    As far as the actual question, I've heard stuff ranging from less spike misses, to increasing the chances of doing 'crit' hits (takes the higher value of your potential damage numbers), to making THEIR spike miss more often on you, or giving you a discount in your nearest fast food establishment.

    It's a useless stat, much like the attack power % increase one.
    I remember seeing the attack power increase stat for the first time and losing my fucking mind, only to realize it doesn't even work lol.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1

    Default

    its not work like ap.

  11. #11
    Amuse me Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    I remember seeing the attack power increase stat for the first time and losing my fucking mind, only to realize it doesn't even work lol.
    My first character (a mage) wore one of those belts. +6 with 30% AP increase! I never stopped to see if it actually worked or not, but I was sure it was a great item lol.

Similar Threads

  1. Does anybody know the formula: x amount of mp (stat) = x damage done?
    By mrmagic2009 in forum Class Questions and Tips
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 06:38 AM
  2. when does the war start?
    By stevouk in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2006, 09:26 PM
  3. What about the % exp increase from ISW?
    By Flemming in forum General Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-26-2006, 12:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •