Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Does INT Still Work

This is a discussion on Does INT Still Work within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ive been paper mage and i noticed some things. First : Paper mage should be played like bp. I mean ...
Page: 2

Haxium

Ive been paper mage and i noticed some things.

First : Paper mage should be played like bp. I mean that ppl that turn paper mage should do it when they have the good uniques/spear def. But as they can attack from a certain range, almost all noobs choose this class, regardless their uniques. Thats why everyone think that a paper mage is a oneshot. Would u think the same of a bp ? No cuz most of bps, have good uniques cuz they have to tank. But a good paper mage is FAR away of a oneshot.

from bigjuicyboobies : I agree.. paper sucks unless your looking for a 1 hit kill.

This is 100% wrong, u should see strom tankin some warriors or sin and u'll think different.

Second : Ive been most of the time fire/light for the famous charged blade (and thunder too :P ). Those skills are almost Useless against warriors cuz of their defense skill (45res to all), against priest (cuz usually they got a lot of rez), against good sin (with a decent light rez) and against light mage (cuz of their light rez too). (Dont tell me that its cuz i had not enough str/ap/mp or what u want cuz i was paper mage with lycaon staff+7 and my ap was like 92, ap of the staff was 70). This skill was effective against other paper, most of diez sin (those w/o light rez and magic shield) and against bp. When i see some movies like cama's ones or other movie showing a light mage (with int), and they are able to stun warriors/tank priest and good sins w/o problem (even orc staff >.<), the only explanation ive got is that its cuz of their int.

Imo, ppl that say that int mage stun at the same rate as a paper mage, are ppl that play a paper and stun only noobs, or ppl that play any other class and got pwned by any paper that light blade cuz they got a noob gear. Go buy Lr!

Cava

i doubt int improves stun rate.... cause i do exp with this mage called salsasotong, who's a paper mage but he stuns like crazy. a friend told me stun rate improves with lvl, but i duno.

I am not sure how much int affects stun but i can say that when paper mages charge blades me they only cancel my spells like thorn and i can run away after a few hits but when a mage with complate charge blades me it even cancels my mannes of fire :blink:

PriesTesS

I'm pretty sure it's bs that int has an effect on stun rate. This is a rumour that started like a joke or something, and it has survived for over a year... and i'm pretty sure it was IS on Ares that started it. Desinformation.

It's based on u're ap. 2 restats are enough to test it for u'reself anyway.

mr.merchant

Originally posted by Haxium
    Ive been paper mage and i noticed some things.

First : Paper mage should be played like bp. I mean that ppl that turn paper mage should do it when they have the good uniques/spear def. But as they can attack from a certain range, almost all noobs choose this class, regardless their uniques. *Thats why everyone think that a paper mage is a oneshot. Would u think the same of a bp ? No cuz most of bps, have good uniques cuz they have to tank. But a good paper mage is FAR away of a oneshot. *

from bigjuicyboobies : I agree.. paper sucks unless your looking for a 1 hit kill.

This is 100% wrong, u should see strom tankin some warriors or sin and u'll think different.

Second : Ive been most of the time fire/light for the famous charged blade (and thunder too :P ). Those skills are almost Useless against warriors cuz of their defense skill (45res to all), against priest (cuz usually they got a lot of rez), against good sin (with a decent light rez) and against light mage (cuz of their light rez too). (Dont tell me that its cuz i had not enough str/ap/mp or what u want cuz i was paper mage with lycaon staff+7 and my ap was like 92, ap of the staff was 70). This skill was effective against other paper, most of diez sin (those w/o light rez and magic shield) and against bp. When i see some movies like *cama's ones or other movie showing a light mage (with int), and they are able to stun warriors/tank priest and good sins w/o problem (even orc staff >.<), the only explanation ive got is that its cuz of their int. *

Imo, ppl that say that int mage stun at the same rate as a paper mage, are ppl that play a paper and stun only noobs, or ppl that play any other class and got pwned by any paper that light blade cuz they got a noob gear. Go buy Lr!
    I usually play on another server, but if I remember correctly isnt strom lvl 70? Thats -15% damage... and much of hp if your paper. For any class under 65 paper shouldent be used unless you have some realy good gear i thik.

SisterMary

Originally posted by PriesTesS+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriesTesS)</div>
    I'm pretty sure it's bs that int has an effect on stun rate. This is a rumour that started like a joke or something, and it has survived for over a year... and i'm pretty sure it was IS on Ares that started it. Desinformation.

It's based on u're ap. 2 restats are enough to test it for u'reself anyway.[/b]

Read here (all) -> http://kalais.angrenost.org/mage70damage.php

It's obvious u will have less stun rate on lvl 60-62 and it will be totally different on lvl 68-70.
    Lets face few facts:
    - HP wont improve stun/slow rate,
    - STR, DEX - yeah sure, :lol:
    - MP - doesn't work in CZ so forget about it,
    - INT - hmm is it really only for your mana? :huh:

Some of u claimed that INT wont change stun/slow rate but have u checked jewelery INT bonus?
    (for example Amulet Of Goddes gives 20 INT bonus)

<!--QuoteBegin-cava

tbh if you put all the extra stat points into int its such a fuckin waste. i mean i would've rather put it all into hp rather than int. its just my opinion though.
    Thats abvious like 2+2=4 that HP would be much much better - noone claimed u have to make full INT mage.
    Just read carefully whats written on that page i gave above. :rollseyes:

peace

GS & GL ;]

Cava

Originally posted by SisterMary+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SisterMary)</div>
    Originally posted by PriesTesS@

It's based on u're ap. 2 restats are enough to test it for u'reself anyway.

Read here (all) -> http://kalais.angrenost.org/mage70damage.php

It's obvious u will have less stun rate on lvl 60-62 and it will be totally different on lvl 68-70.
    Lets face few facts:
    - HP wont improve stun/slow rate,
    - STR, DEX - yeah sure, :lol:
    - MP - doesn't work in CZ so forget about it,
    - INT - hmm is it really only for your mana? :huh:

Some of u claimed that INT wont change stun/slow rate but have u checked jewelery INT bonus?
    (for example Amulet Of Goddes gives 20 INT bonus)

<!--QuoteBegin-cava
    tbh if you put all the extra stat points into int its such a fuckin waste. i mean i would've rather put it all into hp rather than int. its just my opinion though.
    Thats abvious like 2+2=4 that HP would be much much better - noone claimed u have to make full INT mage.
    Just read carefully whats written on that page i gave above. :rollseyes:

peace

GS & GL ;][/b]
    thats according to a SINGLE account, others have other stories to tell, but up til now NO OFFICIAL notice hasbeen put up saying "ok, int helps stun rate!" so i wouldn't call it reliable.

also, the int theory only works for BASE int, int on jewels doesn't count, at least according to the int theory its supposed to be that way

and i've personally tried being a full light int mage, and a light mage with 160 into int and rest into mp, i preferred the latter i was actualy able to stun the same, not much difference. most of the concentration of stun rate is more on the elemntal damage on staff, ap, lightning resistance the opponent has, and probably your mp too. (base mp)

Nosferatu_Incognito

It's still fun to watch people run from a light mage though. You could prolly take a nakey light mage and people would still think twice...

Cava

Originally posted by Nosferatu_Incognito
    It's still fun to watch people run from a light mage though. You could prolly take a nakey light mage and people would still think twice...
    mages in solo are free np :P they always are and always will be. (to me, except maybe the lvl 70s)

talonz

Default Re: Does INT Still Work

Originally posted by whisper+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(whisper)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-kohack

light/flame and now im ice/light, and there is no mage atm that can kill me 1vs1 using charged blade

really?

want to try with me?

im sure u will die fast as u want.[/b]
    ill give u a run for ur money biatch... i need to duel ya at least once befor i leave this game

Cava

Originally posted by talonz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(talonz)</div>
    Originally posted by whisper@
    <!--QuoteBegin-kohack

light/flame and now im ice/light, and there is no mage atm that can kill me 1vs1 using charged blade

really?

want to try with me?

im sure u will die fast as u want.
    ill give u a run for ur money biatch... i need to duel ya at least once befor i leave this game [/b]
    it would result in a battle of pots, whoever burnt pots faster will lose.

of course this is no longer the case if its a lvl 70 mage.

talonz

Originally posted by Cava+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cava)</div>
    Originally posted by talonz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(talonz)
    <!--QuoteBegin-whisper
    @
    <!--QuoteBegin-kohack

really?

want to try with me?

ill give u a run for ur money biatch... i need to duel ya at least once befor i leave this game [/b]

of course this is no longer the case if its a lvl 70 mage.[/b][/quote]

teehehe lv 62 bp vs lv 68 paper mage ftw

Cava

Originally posted by talonz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(talonz)</div>
    Originally posted by Cava+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cava)
    Originally posted by talonz
    <!--QuoteBegin-whisper
    @
    <!--QuoteBegin-kohack

really?

want to try with me?

ill give u a run for ur money biatch... i need to duel ya at least once befor i leave this game

of course this is no longer the case if its a lvl 70 mage.[/b]
    teehehe lv 62 bp vs lv 68 paper mage ftw[/b][/quote]

zzz i tot u wwere talking about using a mage. (they were talking abut a 1v1 mage battle)

obviously bp owns a paper mage. ability to cure when slowed + easy outpot of pillar/thorn etc + whisper hasn't got lvl 70 yet, if she has i think he would be able to pwn u unless u got dual roc XD(for extra fr)

im lvl 69 now, and i can own talonz or any lightning mage.

i dont think lightning mage can stun me.lol

Cava

Originally posted by whisper
    im lvl 69 now, and i can own talonz or any lightning mage.

i dont think lightning mage can stun me.lol
    i wanna try u

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast