Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does Str on a mage make Staff Damage more?

This is a discussion on Does Str on a mage make Staff Damage more? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I know AP and elemental makes you hit harder.. but has anyone ever tried it with str gear on?...
Page: 1

Priestontale

I know AP and elemental makes you hit harder.. but has anyone ever tried it with str gear on?

Manilas

Of course, your attack power would increase but the raise in attack power would only work for skills like fireblade/iceblade/chargedblade since thats where you use your staff.

Also, the have a significant difference in damage in pk, you would need a really high bonus in str.

Mario

im not an expert of mages, but when u hit with staff (blade skill) its like 2 damage at time, let me say (an egzample)
    ASDF received 95 damage
    ASDF received 277 damage

i think 1st is from staff, and 2nd from skill (coz from lv 72 its like ~100 + 4xx-6xx), well i guess when u add STR, only 1st damage will change, and 2nd will go down (coz u dont have much points in MP, when u add to STR), so i doubt its good solution anyway just restat, try it and tell us

Banned Senior Member

ya, only the first damage ( always lowest ) rises with str. But purposly putting str is pointless for mages, just use the Bifrost rings :P

kenpai

ya, only the first damage ( always lowest ) rises with str. But purposly putting str is pointless for mages, just use the Bifrost rings :P[/b]
    never played a mage, but how about getting enough str and putting on a hb, and then fireblading, or cant you use skills if you havent got a staff equiped?

.. im thinking battle mage, paper build..

Mario

never played a mage, but how about getting enough str and putting on a hb, and then fireblading, or cant you use skills if you havent got a staff equiped?

.. im thinking battle mage, paper build..[/b]
    i tried this with tooth (coz mine tooth 100 flame) and u could cast skills, but it was same damage like w/o staff

I just know that a duper on a papermage build g5 can hit you 600 - 700dmg with it..

Mario

I just know that a duper on a papermage build g5 can hit you 600 - 700dmg with it..[/b]
    well its not about dupin, just lv 72 skill is toooo powerfull, its like fightin against warrior + light mage can stun ur ass <_<

OohYouTouchedMyTraLa

.. im thinking battle mage, paper build..[/b]
    u cant use fireblade skills cus ur required a staff..

anyway, i tried in arena dmg with full str armor, but the dmg didnt rise that much... 50-60? so it sucks ^^

little_painter

poka, i count myself as a profesional mage, and mages suck ass quit playing mages in ke and mage a bloddy rouge, even peps who suck at rouges will bee able too kill better as a rouge then as a mage -.-

TaDaaa

well its not about dupin, just lv 72 skill is toooo powerfull, its like fightin against warrior + light mage can stun ur ass <_<[/b]
    Its not to powerfull, it has just balanced the game out. Finally us mages have a chance in hell of surviving. I know alot of sins are very mad about the new blade and armor skills, but i think that is just because Sins are not the dominant class in CZ anymore.

Priestontale

I just know that a duper on a papermage build g5 can hit you 600 - 700dmg with it..[/b]

I hit warriors for around 550-650 depending on how much Fire Resist they have.. and i usually hit Chitin shield priest for a lil more then that... 625-700. Even if i could get the damage to raise just 50-100 more per blade i would sacrifice about 15 points in HP if it helped out that much.

TheChupster

I&#39;ve tried everything just about with my mage please believe me and STR does not make a big enough difference for anyone to do this. It would be foolish cause you&#39;d be sacrifising so much for so little. STR raises physical attacks only like some of you have said but only by so much. The staff hits show 2 different damages because one is elemental and the other is physical. Any mage lvl 72+ that has the lvl 72 Staff skill test it out and you will see the Damage with the Elemental has gone up dramatically compared to the first staff skill but the other damage is still pretty low. Mages are built for far combat mostly and we must face it. Funny coming from me I know to all those who know me cause as a Light mage I chased everyone down even if I got my ass handed to me. :lol: IMO the blade attack is best for stunning of course but for fire and Ice I think it is a handy attack if you have no choice and someone runs up on you. I still want a +10 giant Rubber chicken to smack people with but the last time I asked for one I got banned from ko4life for some dang reason. <_<

PS: If Flonne has a Giant Fork I should get a god dang Giant Rubber Chicken!

It adds to the AP of the staff (dont know how much), so it does add to damage. I personally think it adds to all dmg in the same way an elixir casts a better nova than a salamander, but that is beyond the point right now. Gate claims that it helps his stun rate and I think he is right - but he does not sacrifice MP, INT or HP for it. The difference in damage was noticeable on my mage when I forgot my STR set on after repotting at war. But that was anythign between 50-70 additional strength, which is a lot. So unless you are level 150 (in other words maxed MP, INT and HP) I would not recommend adding str. It is however an interesting side effect of the erenion staff and of mages that add strength to carry shields.

well its not about dupin, just lv 72 skill is toooo powerfull, its like fightin against warrior + light mage can stun ur ass <_<[/b]
    :lol:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast