Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Dont make a region specific server

This is a discussion on Dont make a region specific server within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Not sure why k2/gamers would even be thinking of making a region specific server. Its a limiting and stupid idea ...
Page: 1

Grond

Not sure why k2/gamers would even be thinking of making a region specific server. Its a limiting and stupid idea and eventually would lead to a ghost server.

There are a lot of great gamers from Turkey, China,Spain and the host of other non american european countries. Not having them on a server would make it a boring server. The problem are the KOXPers and right now they dont have anything to lose by cheating because they can make another free account and start again. This has been the problem all along.

Get rid of the free accounts for any new servers. Keep the existing servers for free and payto play people that wish to play on them.

Make any new servers open to anyone paying silver prem and above. Anyone spending the cash on silver and higher premiums is not going to risk getting multiple bans and losing so much money. You will still get people cheating but with fewer numbers that will be cheating, catching them will be easier and quicker bans will happen.

This will filter out the abusers and bring in the quality plaers that will make a server fun. Less people to police by GMs may mean that they will actually come on and add events rather than spending their whole times chasing KOXPers by the hundreds.

More events, happier customers= Servers that wont suck ass after 6 months.

Anyone that cant afford paying premiums can still get in and play on active servers existing now, or new people wanting to get the KO experience before they pay.

Agree, 100%.

Fire K2 staff and hire my Armenian buddy.

the reason they make it is because of the hundreds of complaints from kol forum,s ko4life forums, and other forums, complaining about turks, non-englihs people, chinese people, japanese and so on.

it would be an awesome idea if we can move our items there.. and they made 2 seperate servers...1 for the first 5-6 servers... and 1 for the newest 5-6 servers... and only english countries... and we can move our items tehre... AWESOME

This game isn't good enough to be P2P.

Well, not the game itself, but K2 suck shit, there are so many bugs and errors.

If it was P2P, I doubt this game would last, since probably 80% of the population aren't paying customers.

Of course there are good gamers from everywhere but an important part of the game is communication. And from experience, those amongst us that do NOT speak turkish are having great difficulty communicating with the majority of their server. I dont care if they are good gamers if I cant understand them.

Now, it might be a pity if a region specific server leaves out the whole Europe, but tbh, I would love to play on a server where I can understand what ppl tell me and they can understand what I tell them. And also get rid of all this country nationalistic bs that goes on right now.

sexy Owa

is this seriously a possability? american only server or what?

Grond

This game isn't good enough to be P2P.

Well, not the game itself, but K2 suck shit, there are so many bugs and errors.

If it was P2P, I doubt this game would last, since probably 80% of the population aren't paying customers.[/b]

Company makes over 7 million a year, I think they doing ok. My suggestion is not to go 100% PTP, there are 13 servers that wouild continue to be Free to play. There would be enough people worldwide to support a Pay to play server, most everyone that I speak with that is thinking of going to new server will be taking platinum premium and not gold.

Of course there are good gamers from everywhere but an important part of the game is communication. And from experience, those amongst us that do NOT speak turkish are having great difficulty communicating with the majority of their server. I dont care if they are good gamers if I cant understand them.

Now, it might be a pity if a region specific server leaves out the whole Europe, but tbh, I would love to play on a server where I can understand what ppl tell me and they can understand what I tell them. And also get rid of all this country nationalistic bs that goes on right now.[/b]

Silverblade, most of the turkish players that cant afford to pay premiums and play free are the ones that you cant communicate with. The people that can afford premiums usually can communicate in english well enough.

I really think a majority of the higher lvl players are already paying premiums so if the low lvl noobs are out of the game i could care less considering most people with those low level tend to be gold farmers anyhow.

Secondly, i have no problem communicating with more then 50% of the Turks, who know some minimal english just to understand them. Usually there is 1 player per clan who can speak fluent english so if you need something told to the entire clan you could speak to him. I mean how hard is it to say "party please" or "Clannie Coming", among other things, its not rocket science to figure out you can't pull out huge english words that turks cannot understand, but keeping it simple allows them to somewhat understand what your saying. Hell half the time your playing with your CLAN anyways, so whats it matter if you can't communicate with every single person in the server.

Turkish players make the servers populated, and keep the PK in CZ quite entertaining, because if you noticed on every newer server (I don't personally know how it is on Ares,Diez) that after TURK time that CZ becomes quite dead, usually with one nation camping the other. The only real enjoyable part of PK is being able to constantly be in a fight, and i really doubt that it will be crowded once a real ENGLISH server is out because guess what, more then 60% of the existing english players on their servers will not want to leave their characters, and their items and their lvls behind, so in reality the whole idea is pointless.

I am currently playing the beta, and all i gotta say is what an utter failure. Theres max 15 orcs at war. In cz half the time there isn't any orcs, and all you can do is kill bosses which is fun to an extent.

Quite frankly im tired of hearing all this BS about turkish players, some people are so narrow minded its ridiculous, each country has there share of immature/retarded players, only difference is you can understand them when its in english. Take this forum for example, how many flame wars are there? Well the difference is its not "aq" or "Fuk your mother" so its not a problem? Nobody ever stops to think of it from the Turkish perspective, they are taking the majority of the hate here, with english players swearing to them, even going as far as poking fun at there religion and specifically Allah. Obviously they also swear and all that crap as well but im just saying it goes both ways.

Now for cheating/duping yea they cheated and yea they duped, but so did a bunch of english players, like i said each nationality has its share of bad people, but the Turkish community is vastly larger then the English therefore making it seem like there is a lot more of them, naturally.

The real problem is the Chinese, there only in it for the USD, their specifically gold farmers, who do not actually play the game, there just in it for the money. The turkish players actually play the game, and they should also be eligible to continue playing. The solution is to make this game P2P making cheating a direct hit to your wallet, if you wanna waste 25-35$ USD a month just to get your character banned thats on you, but as GROND said it will definately reduce the amount of cheaters, and still allow english/turkish players to play in a competetive environment. Basically i want everyone to be able to play in these servers excluding the gold farmers which are primarily chinese. So if they have to ip ban there country, so be it.

Sorry for the really long post, i just had to state my opinion.

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

Not sure why k2/gamers would even be thinking of making a region specific server. Its a limiting and stupid idea and eventually would lead to a ghost server.

There are a lot of great gamers from Turkey, China,Spain and the host of other non american european countries. Not having them on a server would make it a boring server. The problem are the KOXPers and right now they dont have anything to lose by cheating because they can make another free account and start again. This has been the problem all along.
    Get rid of the free accounts for any new servers. Keep the existing servers for free and payto play people that wish to play on them.

Make any new servers open to anyone paying silver prem and above. Anyone spending the cash on silver and higher premiums is not going to risk getting multiple bans and losing so much money. You will still get people cheating but with fewer numbers that will be cheating, catching them will be easier and quicker bans will happen.
    This will filter out the abusers and bring in the quality plaers that will make a server fun. Less people to police by GMs may mean that they will actually come on and add events rather than spending their whole times chasing KOXPers by the hundreds.

Anyone that cant afford paying premiums can still get in and play on active servers existing now, or new people wanting to get the KO experience before they pay.[/b]
    since when did they say anything about making a new server region specific? its only a beta test for no reason :S

VerHom

Get rid of the 3 day free premmium accounts

nocomment

I Agree 100% with elektriK!

BoiledFrogs

I think that they should make a new server just like these and im not sure if its possible but if it is it would be cool ,

Orcs = english ppl
    humans = turks
    or something like that

sime217

Anyone that cant afford paying premiums can still get in and play on active servers existing now, or new people wanting to get the KO experience before they pay.[/b]
    So, you are saying that only paying customers are gg players? I really beg to differ, its not the people selling PUS items every night that are the good players, it's the ones that make gbs out of NOTHING. The thing we all want, and i know we all want it, is to get rid of the turkish speaking players. In my opinion, the best solution is to just create a NON-TURKISH server. That way, K2 will only be worrying about blocking Turkish IPs, and not every country's IP but Austrialia, G.B., Canada and USA.

I think that they should make a new server just like these and im not sure if its possible but if it is it would be cool ,

Orcs = english ppl
    humans = turks
    or something like that[/b]
    Rofl.. so its gonna be like 100 humans vs 5 orcs (in PK) AHAHA, but i'd like to see that bet we'd still win XD

PFC Senior Member

Orcs = english ppl
    humans = turks
    or something like that[/b]
    so turks gonna rape u xD

BoiledFrogs

I never said we would win lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast