Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Dont make a region specific server

This is a discussion on Dont make a region specific server within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; In sime's direction... You state that we all want a turk ip ban but then you go to say that ...
Page: 2

In sime's direction... You state that we all want a turk ip ban but then you go to say that if it was turks vs everyone they'd outnumber us 20-1... don't you see whats going on? Turkish players make this game what it is. Yes it kind of stinks to not be able to communicate with most people, but this game doesn't have the english speaking fan base that games such as WoW has and couldn't survive with just americans. Even if they wiped every server, created only 1 server with 3 seperate sections of it and ip banned china and turkey the server would still be dead compared to the servers that exist now. A server without turkish players will be a dead server. Almost every server's pk dies at around 5pm k2 time, any idea why? Its because the turks are asleep and even with a lot of them still awake, its still dead because there is no english population in this game.

The server will be dead if its restricted to the same people it is now. The clans who plan to go there won't be able to bring half their clan with them. Sorry to the chinese but they are the only people that need to be banned. They are the ones hurting the game the most, not the turks. The % of turks that cheat probably isn't very far off from the % of these english countries that cheat. Not only that, in some cases its better to not understand who you're talking to. You could either talk to a turk kid who is saying things to you that you don't understand or an american brat kid who talks so much shit that you actually do understand.

IP ban china if you do anything, leave turkey, the rest of europe, south america, central america, and any other regions alone.

More turks = Free NP

Banned

I really think a majority of the higher lvl players are already paying premiums so if the low lvl noobs are out of the game i could care less considering most people with those low level tend to be gold farmers anyhow.

Secondly, i have no problem communicating with more then 50% of the Turks, who know some minimal english just to understand them. Usually there is 1 player per clan who can speak fluent english so if you need something told to the entire clan you could speak to him. I mean how hard is it to say "party please" or "Clannie Coming", among other things, its not rocket science to figure out you can't pull out huge english words that turks cannot understand, but keeping it simple allows them to somewhat understand what your saying. Hell half the time your playing with your CLAN anyways, so whats it matter if you can't communicate with every single person in the server.

Turkish players make the servers populated, and keep the PK in CZ quite entertaining, because if you noticed on every newer server (I don't personally know how it is on Ares,Diez) that after TURK time that CZ becomes quite dead, usually with one nation camping the other. The only real enjoyable part of PK is being able to constantly be in a fight, and i really doubt that it will be crowded once a real ENGLISH server is out because guess what, more then 60% of the existing english players on their servers will not want to leave their characters, and their items and their lvls behind, so in reality the whole idea is pointless.

I am currently playing the beta, and all i gotta say is what an utter failure. Theres max 15 orcs at war. In cz half the time there isn't any orcs, and all you can do is kill bosses which is fun to an extent.

Quite frankly im tired of hearing all this BS about turkish players, some people are so narrow minded its ridiculous, each country has there share of immature/retarded players, only difference is you can understand them when its in english. Take this forum for example, how many flame wars are there? Well the difference is its not "aq" or "Fuk your mother" so its not a problem? Nobody ever stops to think of it from the Turkish perspective, they are taking the majority of the hate here, with english players swearing to them, even going as far as poking fun at there religion and specifically Allah. Obviously they also swear and all that crap as well but im just saying it goes both ways.

Now for cheating/duping yea they cheated and yea they duped, but so did a bunch of english players, like i said each nationality has its share of bad people, but the Turkish community is vastly larger then the English therefore making it seem like there is a lot more of them, naturally.

The real problem is the Chinese, there only in it for the USD, their specifically gold farmers, who do not actually play the game, there just in it for the money. The turkish players actually play the game, and they should also be eligible to continue playing. The solution is to make this game P2P making cheating a direct hit to your wallet, if you wanna waste 25-35$ USD a month just to get your character banned thats on you, but as GROND said it will definately reduce the amount of cheaters, and still allow english/turkish players to play in a competetive environment. Basically i want everyone to be able to play in these servers excluding the gold farmers which are primarily chinese. So if they have to ip ban there country, so be it.

Sorry for the really long post, i just had to state my opinion.[/b]
    I agree with ash 100%... in general just take away the 3 day prem to erase the millions accs being made daily...

Others have said it and I'll say it too, without turks on KO, there wouldnt be anything going on because there are so little english people playing on ever server, atleast there isnt enough to run a whole server the way we're used to playing on. You can see in the Beta server, wars are not wars. The kills per nation is so small it makes arena's on turk populated servers (every other server) look like the weekend wars we're all used to. Our Prem money would just be a waste without turks and other regions to fight besides just english players since the game is so much more popular in other countries then the ones K2 has allowed to enter the Beta server.

Like many others have said already on this topic, without turks, there's no point going to CZ or wars, and i'm pretty sure everyone here can agree with me when I say that the pk on this game is the only thing that is keeping us here even after putting up with all the bugs and lag and dc's K2 has thrown at us.

It's true that the 3 day free premium fucks up moradon. This game is made to get high levels and everyone who is playing this game more than once a week buy premium. Its only the 3 day free premium that get most ppl to koxp. Make a archer lvl 30 and go farm then when ur free premium ends you make a new account.

About the turks, they make this game actually fun to play. Without them it will be boring. Most ppl that you kill in cz are most of the time turks and with only english ppl cz will be so empty half of the time. And the chinese ppl who actually talk english they are nice most of the time and can talk good english.

Mike_Miller

well lets go lynch them! and burn the country. lol j/k

china is the only ones that seem to be all bad really just because they are so inventive with their hacks, cheats, glitches.

Tbh Canada is the ones we should really watch…

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

Seriously its not that hard... you don't have to ban half to world (literally zzz) to make the game more legit. K2 just has to have the presence of mind to hire regular GM's to scout for cheaters once in a while.

Seriously its not that hard... you don't have to ban half to world (literally zzz) to make the game more legit. K2 just has to have the presence of mind to hire regular GM's to scout for cheaters once in a while.[/b]
    out of all the comments made in this thread, this guy made the best one.

---

grond, wasup, there are plenty of other servers for non english players to use, its not like making an english only server is going to hurt anything

---

the chinese spend sooo many hours just to make 1 gold bar which they sell for 15 $. 1 usd would feed them for a week in china. theres no way they buy prem/kc

arko

rofl, how many of you think K2 is actaully pulling in new customers?

this game is just cycling old players, "low lvl noobs" are dominated by existing players second char. So what makes you think it'll attract more english speakers to play this game if they make a specific regional server.

English players are what plus minus 15% of the ko community, of the 11/15% duno what they are doing, and 4% actually play for real.

So seriously lol, would it make a difference to make a regional player, so what the 4% of us can play for english competition and so forth? The majority of good players are Turks anyways. Plus last time i checked rofl official forum has Turk flag on it (might be website, long time since i checked!).

They make new servers cuz the old players want new competition. This open up the oppurtunity from other server players to play together. When they release new server = more premium, because competition is high. That's all there is to it.

Just fix the bugs and tweaks, lol the regional argument is lameeeezz <

Edit*** you really think turks play to beat turks? i think the opposite its fun playing with ppl of different nationality me think

sime217

LOL? 1 USD feeds chinese for a week?

just cause the citizins are poorer doesnt mean the goods are THAT much cheaper.. the value is probably half of what it costs in the US.. They just don&#39;t have money for all the other things we can enjoy.

More turks = Free NP[/b]
    lol I would agree. I personally dont think a specific region server is a good idea. I don&#39;t know, maybe I just like the competition in Olympia with a main turk clan vs a main eng clan vs a main peru clan.

Well to be honest i dont really give a **** about Turks/Chinese, they play their game i play mine.

Anyway guys dont get so excited, no matter what you say here, or how right you are about the way this game should be menaged, things are still gonna happen as K2 wishes. If you think that youre going to change their mind about the way KO is run, youre all wrong. Even if u make ALL K4life ppl post here same thing, its not like anyone from K2 will care about it, we only make what? 0.01% of KO community...

I dont know why theyre having this beta server right now, but from what i understand nobody has made official statement that any new server will be English speaking only oriented.

Lets say u do menage to get China/Turkey ip banned, do you REALLY think that theyre not going to find some way bypass that ban, i mean cmon... How many ppl that shouldnt be eable to play beta server actually do play using proxy things and stuff... And youve all heard those stories like "Turks play KO in net caffes, when one figures out how to dupe, in 15 mins whole caffe knows aswell". Apply same thing on ip ban and youll get my point.

The only way to fight cheaters is either to make this game pay to play, which would then reduce number of players alot, but also make it "cleaner", or to keep it the way it is right now and hire remote GMs to menage it. Having couple of GMs in K2 office in US is fine (not really) but they can never do what theyre supposed to do compleatly. So the only way for this game to be clean is to have players that are GMs on each server.

That ofcourse brings the problem of corrupted GMs selling items for USD, so the question can then be: Corrupted GM selling items/ ot w/e for USD or macroers macroing everything, which is basically the same... Well IMHO remote GMs are still better option than pay to play, at least theyre going to ban shitload of people, and about corruption? i guess youre just gonna have to live with that option, same as in real life, you can always (hopefully) get them fired...

Banned

For the folks that say there wouldn&#39;t be enough ppl on during the normal "turk time"- I&#39;m sure K2 understands that gap of time and would likely look elsewhere as a marketing strategy to fill the void and provide more income to their bottom line. Let&#39;s face it, K2 wants to make money, and by filling those empty spaces with premium paying members adds value to thier stock, so-to-speak.

My guess would be a Marketing Blitz in the UK and down under. All of the Turkish players didn&#39;t just hear a rumor about USKO and came flocking by the millions. K2 released a marketing campaign with comercials on TV and adds on Turkish gaming websites. The Kiwi&#39;s and the Roo&#39;s, and maybe even the Irish/Scotts will get it next?

Although it would be a shame to lose out on the Turkish friends I&#39;ve made thus far, the idea of an English speaking server is the greatest Idea I&#39;ve heard come out of K2.

Silverblade, most of the turkish players that cant afford to pay premiums and play free are the ones that you cant communicate with. The people that can afford premiums usually can communicate in english well enough.[/b]
    Actually, I dont think so. I play european hours (peak time) therefore the turkish players I see can afford premium, otherwise they would not be able to log in. And amongst them a very big part cannot communicate at all well in english. At the end of the day, premium is only 9 USD per month and Turkey is not a 3rd world country in the middle of nowhere where ppl live with 1 USD a week. Parts of the country might be underdeveloped by western standards but that is mainly rural eastern areas. As a whole, the country has a decent urban middle class which can afford those 9 USD easily.

Secondly, i have no problem communicating with more then 50% of the Turks, who know some minimal english just to understand them. Usually there is 1 player per clan who can speak fluent english so if you need something told to the entire clan you could speak to him. I mean how hard is it to say "party please" or "Clannie Coming", among other things, its not rocket science to figure out you can&#39;t pull out huge english words that turks cannot understand, but keeping it simple allows them to somewhat understand what your saying. Hell half the time your playing with your CLAN anyways, so whats it matter if you can&#39;t communicate with every single person in the server.[/b]
    Actually this shows exactly the sorry state of the game in terms of communication.
    We are happy that we can "communicate" with half of the 80% of the server. We find it normal that we have to use a translator or speak in shorthand so that other players can somewhat understand what we are saying. I mean, come on, this is not normal...

And yes, half of the time you play with your clan. What about the other half? Tbh, I play with clan/allies about 99% of the time mainly because I get mortally bored in xp parties where the chat reads

und ac
    +++++++++1111111
    go lure
    repot
    swift
    brb rpr
    relog
    +++++++
    gtg bb

for lines no end. Yeah its functional when the party needs to do simple stuff but its also mind-numbing and a very effective cure for insomnia. And that has nothing to do with turkish players per se. It would be the same if they spoke Suahili or any other incomprehensible to me language.
    An english speaking party on the other hand (clan or not) can actually make xp bearable. It could even be interesting and ... omg .. fun.

PS1: I dont think the population of the beta says much. People dont really bother with it, simply because it is a beta server testing absolutely nothing, at least as far as we know. Other things will determine whether an english speaking server could be succesful: which regions it would allow, whether ppl would be able to transfer accounts etc.
    PS2: I dont think it is very likely to see such a server though..

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

WOW do region based servers and it works well.

I went on the BETA and it was amazing , I would happily leave Diez in a flash to get on to a region server.

No I am not racist I just like the idea of haing a comunity in the server that speaks English and has a more western attitude to sellign and buying stuff. I hate havign to haggle none stop , I hate having to deal with rudeness , I hate how alot of the time they will make it a war on Turkey v&#39;s your party. Yeah there are some good Turkish people in this game but I want the choice to be able to enjoy a english only server. They should do one for the Turks to IMO.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast