GM Job

This is a discussion on GM Job within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well, I know, I know. They don't exist. Well, I'm not interested in applying but I'm curious of this Job. ...
Page: 1

Default GM Job

Well, I know, I know. They don't exist. Well, I'm not interested in applying but I'm curious of this Job. From what i hear, It's an extremely low paying job and requires very little education. Also is it true that GMs aren't associated with any game development as they are actually Customer support. My question is, are GMs similar to those people I call when returning an item to Target? They just need to be 18 and have people skills; or are GMs customer support managers?

Legacy Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koopy View Post
    Well, I know, I know. They don't exist. Well, I'm not interested in applying but I'm curious of this Job. From what i hear, It's an extremely low paying job and requires very little education. Also is it true that GMs aren't associated with any game development as they are actually Customer support. My question is, are GMs similar to those people I call when returning an item to Target? They just need to be 18 and have people skills; or are GMs customer support managers?
    wrong , u can make +9 item and sell to players

I sure feel stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by wuming1234 View Post
    I don't believe this bullshit.
    Last edited by Koopy; 01-12-2011 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koopy View Post
    I sure feel stupid.

I don't believe this bullshit.
    Then you arent thinking straight, because it happens

Last I checked, GM's do require a decent education. Guess it depends on what company you want to work for. People with an education are less likely to fuck shit up. An 18yo on the other hand.... good luck with that. I remember wanting to be a GM when i was 14

GM isnt a career either, it's more of a side job.

Quote Originally Posted by wuming1234 View Post

not all gms have access to making items... different gms have different controls on what they can and cannot do

Banned

Gms probebly are there for checking so servers working etc and in most games unlike KO they are there to help you whit problems.

You need no brain or education to be a gm and it's low payed because of that i guess, if you can work at mcdonalds you can be a GM.

booyah360

Quote Originally Posted by theArdream View Post
    Gms probebly are there for checking so servers working etc and in most games unlike KO they are there to help you whit problems.

You need no brain or education to be a gm and it's low payed because of that i guess, if you can work at mcdonalds you can be a GM.

At least in McDonalds you can get "qualifications"

Or is that just England with the "McGCSE" and the "McALevels"

GM is not what u wanna b i think a normal job is better then that lol

booyah360

If you wanna be a GM you are low :P Get a job with GM being a side job for fun but it will be hella boring :O IF it does happen pay attention to this forum in particular and also listen to people and be active around here as well as in game. A well informed GM will always be appreciated

Anime Adicted Senior Member Darktuga's Avatar

lol he just made this post to have some laughs

Back in the day this was a frequent topic with my friends, we came to the conclussion that this is one more evidence of what a piece of shit cheap ass company K2 was.

You need to hire someone that doesnt get paid much and that doesnt need to go through an extensive selection process (its not like you need a fuckin PHD to be a GM and a lot of people would want to do it, regardless if corruption is a reason for wanting the gig), so if it doenst cost you much to hire them and its not hard to find people that want to do it then why the fuck where there like 6 GMs for more than 13 servers... piece of shit cheap ass company is the only answer

So, Gms are equivalent to those mcDonald losers but with extremely good spelling&grammar check? So K2 can only afford 6 bozos who will copy and paste customer support tickets 24/7? Or is GM like volunteer work for the game developers? Is it like, Hey guys! I'm going to work overtime, logs onto customer support. Copy&Paste. And to go online and create an event is like using your lunch break?

A Game Master in World of Warcraft at Blizzard in Irvine makes $10 per hour. I'm guessing K2 pays minimum wage then.

Banned

K2s knight online GMs is a bad exemple because they don't have any.

Though at the first years of usko they had some GMs actually.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.gamersfirst.com/corporate/?q=Careers
    Game Operations Intern
    Internship Payment:

• This is an unpaid internship however we are looking for candidates interested in exchanging their internship experience for college course credits.
    They don't even get paid. LOL