Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

just to make things clear about k2's tos

This is a discussion on just to make things clear about k2's tos within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; IT IS NOT LEGAL. i remember hearing once that since a person has no choice but to Agree ALL of ...
Page: 1

federica

IT IS NOT LEGAL.
    i remember hearing once that since a person has no choice but to Agree ALL of the conditions or be refused it can not be legal.

http://www.internetlibrary.com/cases/lib_case422.cfm
    also i think there is some type of loop hole like it you access the game from the account of another person you may not be liable .since you did not sign the tos. but i think this case is still in the courts.

fede

sorry that my post logged in with old name.. :lol: :lol:

IT IS NOT LEGAL.
    i remember hearing once that since a person has no choice but to Agree ALL of the conditions or be refused it can not be legal.

also i think there is some type of loop hole like it you access the game from the account of another person you may not be liable .since you did not sign the tos. but i think this case is still in the courts.[/b]
    I always thought it had written that if i don't agree i have to hit my "Back" button or something.

RiseAgainst_

If you share account the TOS says u dont get acces to CS

TaDaaa

Your choice is either agree to the TOS or not play.

They do not have to give you an account, they do when you agree to the TOS and EUL

Jesusr0x

TOS really isn't viable cause you do not sign it.

You accept the terms tho

TOS really isn't viable cause you do not sign it.[/b]

You electronically "sign" the TOS by agreeing to it, therefore it is 100% legal. You may think KO is bunch of knuckleheads but they actually aren't. They spend top dollar in legal rep and everything legality-wise is checked. However, not being able to connect to their service after you pay for it, not getting customer service in the time they say they will per their TOS after you buy prem etc, these actions can be pursued but you would have to spend way more in money and time trying to make them pay you back then is feasible.

fede

the reason it's not 100 % legal is you don't have a choice it's all or nothing and thats the problem.there is a case in the courts in the usa about it now.there should be an alternative like in a real contract if you don't like some thing you negotiate it.

Inactive Member

IT IS NOT LEGAL.

also i think there is some type of loop hole like it you access the game from the account of another person you may not be liable .since you did not sign the tos. but i think this case is still in the courts.[/b]
    do u know u cant even install the web browser u are using to read this page without acceting the conditions??? .... .. what kind of post is this???? what is it u think your getting clear i didnt get it sorry ??

4que

It is perfectly legal because you are given a choice;

To play the game you agree to our TOS, if you dont agree to it then you do not play, simple.
    Every game you DL and / or install on your computer is this way, every single one.

K2 has a entire team of legal consultants on staff, why do you think there hasnt been a class action against them yet, because their TOS wording makes it very difficult to do so. It basically says we can do what we want when we want because the character is not yours, its ours, you just pay for the benifits of premium service but that does not gauruntee you anything other then the in game benifits of it. you did not pay for the game, it was a free download, so you do not have the right to complain about anything. All they legally have to do is have a customer support base for issues with the premium service since you pay for that, it doenst say it has to be good, just there.

K2 isnt stupid, they make money and supply the minimal amount of support required by law, so they are probably drastically understaffed for what they need. One or two GMs for both nations isnt near enough to stop the problems they are having.

Just remember, whatever you can think of they already did and took care of it before you even downloaded the game.

You just earned my respect cus of ur explanation lol

TaDaaa

Just remember, whatever you can think of they already did and took care of it before you even downloaded the game.[/b]
    They figured it out back in everquest days. This is not something that K2 just came up with. The Online gaming TOS is pretty standard, and has been for about 10 years.

ISeeYouPee

yea i know so many people that share their accounts and they still get cs....

It is legal, you agree to a set of terms, these scenarios are not negotiable. If they were, people from all around the globe would start to negotiate about the OS on their pc's, have you seen that?

They are not forcing you to pay for the extra services, it is the idiotic dominant part of your brain which makes you pay and then complain about the shit you got :P

I can see clearly that K2 spend way more $$ in legal shit than in game networking/development.

P.S. For those who got offended, flame on!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast