Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Dupers - A Fine Line

This is a discussion on Dupers - A Fine Line within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; wrong. That is the risk im taking right now. If i do get hacked, chances are ill quit. But if ...
Page: 2

TunaFishyMe

wrong. That is the risk im taking right now. If i do get hacked, chances are ill quit. But if I had a chance to take back what was mine before i got hacked, I dont think I would turn away from it. Hacker/macroers are not BAD people. My friend, erian's cousin, used a program to write his own macro. It worked for KO and Maplestory but not for SRO. Hes a good smart guy. The point is, the company expects us to play by their rules without them enforcing it or even helping us when we need. If i lose everything because the company has holes in their security system, they cant expect me to play fair again so that Ill lose everything again to another hacker. How can you ask someone to listen to you if you dont provide them with security to do so? If they patched their bugs, prevented their database from being hacked quicker, im positive that the number of cheaters will diminish greatly. Not because it is harder to cheat but because it makes the game worthwhile to do it the long way.

Inspectah Deck

if i was hacked and i had invested much time and money in my char and i would have the knowledge to dupe, yes i would do it. sadly im sure it'll start of as "ill just get myself pimped once again" and will end up in "haha look at that sucker buying my dupes, now to sell GBs in ebay"

PriesTesS

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    * Hacker/macroers are not BAD people. *My friend, erian's cousin, used a program to write his own macro. *It worked for KO and Maplestory but not for SRO. *Hes a good smart guy. *
    allow me to dissagree
    it's not because u can cheat that it's ok to cheat.

All cheaters/hackers/dupers.... ruin the game for everyone.

TunaFishyMe

In the real world, a duper wouldnt stop at the just equipping himself. But in Yun's hypothetical world, you are only duping to regain what you lost. Im speaking on that side of a duper.

Thats what i did on Cypher...

I got hacked ... all my stuff gone

So i started duping hardcore and 1 week later i was in full shell +8 , full uniques ( in , ib rols etc traded for 50 chests one) and 2 shard +8 - dv +8

The stupid thing is that i got banned for illegal item ... not for duping , and the illegal item was a boss scroll in my inn .. so sucks lol ^^ atleast i should have been banned for duping since all my stuff was duped :lol:

:wub:

Volcanic

Duper=Wanker

hej

About the same point i made with combo, I say give it a year and jingling will be allowed.
    Why you say, do you allow one abuse why not the next, so soner or later duping will be allowed to becuse its only a bug abuse

Now i made manny mad B)

Cocaine

tbh, i wish i had thought of that when i got hacked, because i would be sitting here right now with full chitin +8 and a raptor +8.

TunaFishyMe

Originally posted by Cocaine
    tbh, i wish i had thought of that when i got hacked, because i would be sitting here right now with full chitin +8 and a raptor +8.
    or banned xD but probably the senario you stated xD

Immo

I know how to dupe , however I never did that , cuz I would never cheat in game . I know how it pain when u wake up after dupe wipe and see most of ur best items are gone ( I lost full shells +7, 2x Rol , Iron belt etc. ) and only one thing that I did was quit that game and never come back - it did not work , cuz I start from zero at ares :P

Where the time goes fast, but everything is slow

Yes, i would dupe, if it was something that would take me ages to get again .........

Yun_Yuuzhan

Default Re: Dupers - A Fine Line

Originally posted by Artemiss+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Artemiss)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Yun_Yuuzhan
    We all know dupers ruin the game. *They flood the economy and screw legit people out of their money when the inevitable wipes come. *However, here's an odd question coming from someone like me - is duping ever justified?

Imagine you are level 65+, all +8 armors and +8 weapon, farmed for them legitly and purchased from people you trusted. *You've spent billions but it was worth it, you're geared and ready to PK. *A week later you log in and are NAKED. *All armor and weapons gone.

What if you had the knowledge to dupe? *Say you decided to get your gear back by any means necessary. *CS refuses to roll you back for whatever reason, so with the last of your cash, you get legit +1s and dupe them so you can get all +8 gear again. *You do not sell any of the dupes since you don't want to screw anyone over, you just want your hard earned gear back. *After all your gear is +8 again, you NPC whatever remains to ensure the +8's won't get wiped and to make sure none of it is ever sold to honest, unsuspecting people.

Would you do it that way if you could? *In effect, 'roll yourself back', with no harm to others? *I'm wondering if those kinds of dupers really are so bad. *After all, dupe wipes hurt the legit players the most, the dupers just shrug and dupe their stuff again.

The ones who sell their dupes can die though, they ruin the game.
    dupe is a dupe againts the ToS dont like it /quit get a girlfiend[/b]
    I am not a duper, sir. This is a purely hypothetical situation, a bit of a gray line theory to discuss and kick around. All my items are still intact of course, I've never lost anything to a dupe wipe because I'm careful what I buy.

@Tuna: Cheaters ARE bad people tuna, that's the point. I can barely afford scrolls right now because I had little money left when I quit the second time and prices are dropping on everything except scrolls. I blame the dupers for this. When cheaters are hurting the game for everyone, then yes, they are bad people.

As to myself, I would quit if I lost my stuff. I will not turn into a cheater in order to keep playing a dying game. I've always spoken against cheaters, it would be the height of all hypocrisy for me to become one.

Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yun_Yuuzhan)</div>
    Originally posted by Artemiss@

We all know dupers ruin the game. *They flood the economy and screw legit people out of their money when the inevitable wipes come. *However, here's an odd question coming from someone like me - is duping ever justified?

Imagine you are level 65+, all +8 armors and +8 weapon, farmed for them legitly and purchased from people you trusted. *You've spent billions but it was worth it, you're geared and ready to PK. *A week later you log in and are NAKED. *All armor and weapons gone.

What if you had the knowledge to dupe? *Say you decided to get your gear back by any means necessary. *CS refuses to roll you back for whatever reason, so with the last of your cash, you get legit +1s and dupe them so you can get all +8 gear again. *You do not sell any of the dupes since you don't want to screw anyone over, you just want your hard earned gear back. *After all your gear is +8 again, you NPC whatever remains to ensure the +8's won't get wiped and to make sure none of it is ever sold to honest, unsuspecting people.

Would you do it that way if you could? *In effect, 'roll yourself back', with no harm to others? *I'm wondering if those kinds of dupers really are so bad. *After all, dupe wipes hurt the legit players the most, the dupers just shrug and dupe their stuff again.

dupe is a dupe againts the ToS dont like it /quit get a girlfiend
    I am not a duper, sir. This is a purely hypothetical situation, a bit of a gray line theory to discuss and kick around. All my items are still intact of course, I've never lost anything to a dupe wipe because I'm careful what I buy.

@Tuna: Cheaters ARE bad people tuna, that's the point. I can barely afford scrolls right now because I had little money left when I quit the second time and prices are dropping on everything except scrolls. I blame the dupers for this. When cheaters are hurting the game for everyone, then yes, they are bad people.

As to myself, I would quit if I lost my stuff. I will not turn into a cheater in order to keep playing a dying game. I've always spoken against cheaters, it would be the height of all hypocrisy for me to become one.[/b]
    And K2 who never answer, dont help us etc ...

is against the TOS since they must answer in 24hours etc

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by Suicune+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Suicune)</div>
    Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yun_Yuuzhan)
    <!--QuoteBegin-Artemiss
    @

dupe is a dupe againts the ToS dont like it /quit get a girlfiend

As to myself, I would quit if I lost my stuff. I will not turn into a cheater in order to keep playing a dying game. I've always spoken against cheaters, it would be the height of all hypocrisy for me to become one.[/b]
    And K2 who never answer, dont help us etc ...

is against the TOS since they must answer in 24hours etc[/b][/quote]

I'm not mad at people who cheat only for their benefit without affecting other people like I outlined in my hypothetical case per se, but cheating is cheating imo.

How likely is it for someone to only dupe for themselves? It would be VERY tempting to give a friend that shard 8 they've been trying to get for the last 6 months, or give a free raptor to the friend that broke the last 10 to +8, etc. See what I mean? It's a very fine line.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast