Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Dupers - A Fine Line

This is a discussion on Dupers - A Fine Line within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I mean bad people in real life. From what I see, most people see a cheater and hate them period. ...
Page: 3

TunaFishyMe

I mean bad people in real life. From what I see, most people see a cheater and hate them period. For example, tra jingled macroed etc etc. When he made his pk video he was flamed. Is it because his video wasnt that good? Yes. But mainly it was because he cheated before. But that doesnt make him a bad person. Nesma is also a KOSP user. Or at least he did before. Waggy still loves him. Why? Because hes able to see past the game and like the person for who he is. Most people just see a cheater and just hate them period, even though he has hardly dont anything that would harm them directly. It seems understandable but if you look at it from the other side its pretty ridiculous.

I was speaking under the senario that you created where you only dupe to get what you had before. Like i mentioned before, K2 doesnt provide us with the security to play legally. If a hole in their system makes you lose your account, I dont think most people would just "start all over again" if they knew how to dupe.

I would like to see the thousands of flame posts if the topic starter was a Turk instead of Yun :wacko: <_<

Originally posted by dias
    I would like to see the thousands of flame posts if the topic starter was a Turk instead of Yun * :wacko: <_<
    People like you should be banned, have you not read the previous posts made about this? Stop beating a dead horse.

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    I mean bad people in real life. *From what I see, most people see a cheater and hate them period. *For example, tra jingled macroed etc etc. *When he made his pk video he was flamed. *Is it because his video wasnt that good? Yes. *But mainly it was because he cheated before. *But that doesnt make him a bad person. *Nesma is also a KOSP user. *Or at least he did before. *Waggy still loves him. *Why? *Because hes able to see past the game and like the person for who he is. *Most people just see a cheater and just hate them period, even though he has hardly dont anything that would harm them directly. *It seems understandable but if you look at it from the other side its pretty ridiculous. *

I was speaking under the senario that you created where you only dupe to get what you had before. *Like i mentioned before, K2 doesnt provide us with the security to play legally. *If a hole in their system makes you lose your account, I dont think most people would just "start all over again" if they knew how to dupe.
    I have friends who cheated. I dislike it but if I knew the person beforehand it's pretty tough to hate them for cheating in a game. However, as games become bigger and bigger business for companies, cheating will start to have very real consequences, mark my words. Three things you do not want to screw with: someone's job, someone's wife, and someone's money. You'll get burnt sooner or later. It's difficult to deny that habitable cheaters ruin games, which equals lost revenue to the company running it.

The second part of your statement, I understand, yes. People who cheat just to ruin the game suck and need to grow up. Private cheating is a little harder to label, especially if its because the company running the game is failing to keep its promises to you.

I dont think anything at all justifies duping or cheating. I've been buttfucked in the past by a hacker who not only stole all my items but stole the whole account and also disbanded my top1 clan. I lost pretty much EVERYTHING I worked for 4 months or so. Still, I didnt dupe my shit back. Not only fucked by a hacker but also KOLA (James) fucked up my character months later, loosing uber items inside and the character itself once again.

Assuming your case, those dupes eventually will hit the market, prolly the day u quit and even if u keep them after quiting, is wrong. Is not just about harming others but doing something that u know is wrong.

Tuna: why would others have to pay for your problems? So u get hacked and u take it back on the rest of ppl by cheating all the way? Sorry but thats very selfish.

Once u cross that thin line that defines legit and cheater, dont think there's a limit of what u can do. First it will be just getting your stuff back, then make a little "extra" and few months later is all about making real money of this game. So, no, I dont think there's any valid reason for duping.

TunaFishyMe

Originally posted by Devile
    I dont think anything at all justifies duping or cheating. I've been buttfucked in the past by a hacker who not only stole all my items but stole the whole account and also disbanded my top1 clan. I lost pretty much EVERYTHING I worked for 4 months or so. Still, I didnt dupe my shit back. Not only fucked by a hacker but also KOLA (James) fucked up my character, loosing uber items inside and the character itself once again.

Assuming your case, those dupes eventually will hit the market, prolly the day u quit and even if u keep them after quiting, is wrong. Is not just about harming others but doing something that u know is wrong.

Tuna: why would others have to pay for your problems? So u get hacked and u take it back on the rest of ppl by cheating all the way? Sorry but thats very selfish.

Once u cross that thin line that defines legit and cheater, dont think there's a limit of what u can do. First it will be just getting your stuff back, then make a little "extra" and few months later is all about making real money of this game. So, no, I dont think there's any valid reason for duping.
    im talking in yun's senario where you dupe just to get your items back. Not to ruin the market. I know if i got hacked ill just quit game. But I wouldnt really blame someone to dupe solely to get what he got back.

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by Devile
    ...Once u cross that thin line that defines legit and cheater, dont think there's a limit of what u can do. First it will be just getting your stuff back, then make a little "extra" and few months later is all about making real money of this game. So, no, I dont think there's any valid reason for duping.
    That's a very good point Devile, and one of the original ones I was hoping to get across with this post. Cheating is addictive, and doing it once makes you want to do it again and again. Before you know it, you're one of those fags that's ruining the game for everyone.

I don't want to be like that. Do you?

TunaFishyMe

I guess, human nature is too greedy. But didnt devile hack the database once to get his char back and then tell K2 the problem in their security? Im not sure if this was true, but i read it somewhere. Assuming it is true, its kind of the same concept. Im sure he could have hacked other people's chars but didnt. Personally, I would think thats acceptable under circumstances.

Senior Member devilscommandments's Avatar

I think everyone would do it if they knew how to dupe, even if they say on this forum that they wouldn't.

TunaFishyMe

Originally posted by devilscommandments
    I think everyone would do it if they knew how to dupe, even if they say on this forum that they wouldn't.
    that i dont really agree. Or else everyone where wil lbe on that fukgaming forum instead. I was aware of some duping methods but i didnt really abuse it. I am sure there are a good number of people here that wouldnt abuse dupes because they can.

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by devilscommandments
    Another good point that I wasn't going to mention

Lammer

In your cenario you're saying that you'd only dupe to re-equip yourself, and that wouldn't effect others.

Lets say that almost everyone knows how to dupe, and only do that to equip themselves. So the other minority that don't know or don't want to dupe and that are "farming", can't sell their stuff. They are forced to dupe coz then can't get $$ from their sells since noone buys nothing from anyone coz everyone has everything they want thru duping. This is how "inocent" and "self equiping dupes" start to ruin the game.

But yes, I would bet my soul (If I have one :lol: ) that you wouldn't stop there, the opportunity for fast $$ would come up, sooner or later.

If i got hacked i would give a big "thank you" for the hacker coz he forced me to stop playing. i would get mad at the begining but i wouldn't join their side.

And to TunaFishMe the way you play a game its just the way you live in the real world. Everyone can be a bad person and cheat/steal others, the diference is that some don't want too and some will do it if they have the chance. I've robbed in real life and screwed in KO but I didn't join their side..

Its all about your way of life.

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by Lammer
    In your cenario you're saying that you'd only dupe to re-equip yourself, and that wouldn't effect others.

Lets say that almost everyone knows how to dupe, and only do that to equip themselves. *So the other minority that don't know or don't want to dupe and that are "farming", can't sell their stuff. They are forced to dupe coz then can't get $$ from their sells since noone buys nothing from anyone coz everyone has everything they want thru duping. This is how "inocent" and "self equiping dupes" start to ruin the game.

But yes, I would bet my soul (If I have one *:lol: ) that you wouldn't stop there, the opportunity for fast $$ would come up, sooner or later.

If i got hacked i would give a big "thank you" for the hacker coz he forced me to stop playing. i would get mad at the begining but i wouldn't join their side. *

And to TunaFishMe the way you play a game its just the way you live in the real world. Everyone can be a bad person and cheat/steal others, the diference is that some don't want too and some will do it if they have the chance. I've robbed in real life and screwed in KO but I didn't join their side..

Its all about your way of life.
    Very good points. Glad to see so many people are getting that this is a hypothetical discussion, not an actual question.

TunaFishyMe

mmm i wouldnt agree with that completely. I mean yes and no. Personally, i think cheating in a video game doesnt mean youll sell illegal goods in real life. The two differences are too extreme. But lets ignore duping and consider hacking. If you got banned, would you hack your own character back? techically you can hack other people and get their items, which would harm people more directly than just duping. I personally think the human mind is too complicated to simply just relate virtual and reality. Ive cheated in a video game before "power overwhelming/ there is no cow level or even duping in diablo" xD but i would never scam someone from their money mainly because i was brought up that way. Im catholic and personally i beleive religion or the way you were brought up defines you but thats a different story.

Where the time goes fast, but everything is slow

I played a mu online private server, where dupe was legal. When i started playing there, i pmed the gm to ask why everyone had top gear, even noob ones ...........and he told me that was legal, and teached how to do it (lol).
    Result:
    The server was totally balanced, no market of course, but the only thinkg that could make you better than other people was the skill and lvl.
    Sometimes i wonder what would happen to usko, if they allowed people to dupe. Would be a bit unfair to everyone that made their gear with hard work till now.....so i dont think its a good idea now. But if from the start, it went like this, i think that would be cool.
    Honestly, i think that this is a diferent way to do the "if you cant beat them, join them" .......
    well, just my 5 cent.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast