Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Dupers - A Fine Line

This is a discussion on Dupers - A Fine Line within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; probably one of the dumbest ideas ive seen yet, if you want to be so much as decent in ANY ...
Page: 4

wraith86

probably one of the dumbest ideas ive seen yet, if you want to be so much as decent in ANY online game you have to play it legitly. duping is never the way to go. i dont care who you are your still a loser.... just think about it if there is any justice in this world the dupers will go to hell for ruining legit players fun and wasting there time.

Lammer

I'm not a religious guy and I really don't think that has anything to do with being a good or a bad person. We see everyday suicide bombers, and ppl killing each other in the name of faith. But that's a different issue.

I'm no saint, I've "cheated" in other games. Who haven't? Who didn't went to sites seeking for "cheats" for non internet games? For that imortal ealth, and so.

This is the first time I've played a internet game and there's a big diferent between cheating without harming others directly or indirectly and cheating and harm others.

This game has a major problem - Time that you spent on it.

See you can cheat on other games, like MOHAA for example and you're not harming noone (just being a complete idiot) coz you shut down the game.. turn it on again and puff!! you're back on business again no harm done to noone.
    In KO that's not like that.. it a time consuming game, you spent hundreds of hours lvling, farming, gearing up ( in other to have a chance to have some fun and in a matter of minutes you got scammed/hacked/cheated and you'll lose all that time, even if you use KOXP, KOKO, AllTHOSEGAYKOHACKs you're hurting others coz you cheated to get that high lvl in a mater of days/weeks when the guy next to you, playing fairly, took months.

Yes, the temptation for duping is high or to scam ppl, but think that if you didn't like the felling of being hacked or buying dupe items that got wiped in a DW why would others like? That's why I say if you get hacked/scammed, deal with it (not saying its easy) and start again or just leave and don't come back.

I can give you an example, a clannie of mine (ex-clannie, since I'm out of clan atm) got hacked shortly after PB and that id bug. He bought the account so he knew the risk of being hacked again. He had several choices like cheat, scam, dupe or restart in order to get his gear back or just leave the game. He chose the restart again.

Don't do to things to others, things you don't want them to do to you.

And like in real life, things aren't just black and white, but if you stick to the way you know its the right way you'll always feel better than if you don't.

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    mmm i wouldnt agree with that completely. *I mean yes and no. *Personally, i think cheating in a video game doesnt mean youll sell illegal goods in real life. *The two differences are too extreme. *But lets ignore duping and consider hacking. *If you got banned, would you hack your own character back? techically you can hack other people and get their items, which would harm people more directly than just duping. *I personally think the human mind is too complicated to simply just relate virtual and reality. *Ive cheated in a video game before "power overwhelming/ there is no cow level or even duping in diablo" xD but i would never scam someone from their money mainly because i was brought up that way. *Im catholic and personally i beleive religion or the way you were brought up defines you but thats a different story.
    Cheating in a single player game is entirely different since other people don't get hurt by it. Cheating in an MMO devalues other people's hard work, which is why it should be so harshly punished.

TunaFishyMe

Lets rephrase your question to hacking. I think thats a better example to get the point you are looking for. Duping will effect the market directly, which will indirectly ruin people's hard work. What about hacking your character back? Lets say you were banned for "advertising third party websites" when you pasted a ko4life thread by accident because it was on your clipboard. (My friend was banned for this) Would hacking the database to get your char back be looked down upon?

Yun_Yuuzhan

Lets rephrase your question to hacking. *I think thats a better example to get the point you are looking for. *Duping will effect the market directly, which will indirectly ruin people's hard work. *What about hacking your character back? *Lets say you were banned for "advertising third party websites" when you pasted a ko4life thread by accident because it was on your clipboard. *(My friend was banned for this) Would hacking the database to get your char back be looked down upon?
    Hacking of any kind is against the ToS, isn't it? In any case, I don't know, this remains largely a gray area to me, much like my hypothetical self-dupe situation. The best point so far against it is that duping your items back screws the honest people trying to sell those items from getting the money they need to equip themselves. It's a small part of a very big and complex problem IMO.

TunaFishyMe

Its kind of like "wasting paper". My mom bitches at me if i dont use scrap paper to print off research stuff. But in reality I dont control the amount of trees being cut down. I am not ordering the paper myself, its there, im just buying it. If i used the back side of white paper, the same amount of trees would be cut down for paper every year anyways. thats pretty deep eh? xD

But its ok, i live in canada. We have lots of trees and fresh air.

Lammer

Its kind of like "wasting paper". *My mom bitches at me if i dont use scrap paper to print off research stuff. *But in reality I dont control the amount of trees being cut down. *I am not ordering the paper myself, its there, im just buying it. *If i used the back side of white paper, the same amount of trees would be cut down for paper every year anyways. *:O thats pretty deep eh? xD *

But its ok, i live in canada. *We have lots of trees and fresh air.
    +/- :lol:

If all of us used scrap paper to print off research stuff then those brand new papers wouldn't sell as much = less trees would've been cut.

Wow this is going way off topic

The thing is.. you can screw a little the server if you dupe for yourself (the sum of everyone screwing a little = major shit) or you can screw alot if you dupe for everyone . It's all a matter of dimension. The harm its there either you like or not.

TunaFishyMe

exactly. Its all about dimension. If i dont use scrap paper to print off research stuff, Im not killing/protecting any trees. However, if everyone does it, then humanity as a whole is protecting trees. So is someone said, "Recycle that bitch, you are killing trees." You can say, "fuck you, the trees are going to die regardless if i recycle this or not!" Actually, I said all that so i could say the last line.

*i live in canada. We have lots of trees and fresh air.

priestish

Lets say there was known dupe method that everyone knew about. Like k2, takes about 1 or 2 weeks before patch. Everyone knows this method and it is as easy as click-and-drag. Assuming.

Personally, I would use this duping. Getting items is part of the game, but it is not what make KE so great. It is the PK. So sure, babashop yourself up and kick ass like in WC.

TunaFishyMe

Originally posted by priestish
    Lets say there was known dupe method that everyone knew about. *Like k2, takes about 1 or 2 weeks before patch. *Everyone knows this method and it is as easy as click-and-drag. *Assuming.

Personally, I would use this duping. *Getting items is part of the game, but it is not what make KE so great. *It is the PK. *So sure, babashop yourself up and kick ass like in WC.
    hes honest xD
    i know if that everyone was doing it, like 80% of the server, i would do it as well so i dont fall behind. But if i knew this technique and no one else did, i probably woulnt abuse it

I havent read the entire topic, but excuse me.. How would u "dupe back" ur jewelries? To dupe, u have to obtain the source of the items u need to dupe, so to get it back easily u have to get some cash, and by easy cash u need to dupe some basic craps and sell it to innocent ppl, and here u begin to "hurt" the ppl around u.

TunaFishyMe

silly captain. its a hypothetical situation. You have to think within the circumstances. noob xD

nigga please i delete all my chitins and mds so i can be full shell and shards T.T

cs saying WE WONT ROLL U BACK IT SHOWS U DELETED UR ITEMS

AWE FUCK U CS

week later im styln nigga

TunaFishyMe

do you understand that you a white? You cant jump, you cant dance, you cant do math! Stop pretending you are black!! cracker please

silly captain. *its a hypothetical situation. *You have to think within the circumstances. *noob xD
    But u have to be a little bit realistic too ya know..

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast