Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Dupers - A Fine Line

This is a discussion on Dupers - A Fine Line within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Stay on topic, guys. Spam will be deleted. Originally posted by C4pt4iN I havent read the entire topic, but excuse ...
Page: 5

Yun_Yuuzhan

Stay on topic, guys. Spam will be deleted.

Originally posted by C4pt4iN
    I havent read the entire topic, but excuse me.. How would u "dupe back" ur jewelries? To dupe, u have to obtain the source of the items u need to dupe, so to get it back easily u have to get some cash, and by easy cash u need to dupe some basic craps and sell it to innocent ppl, and here u begin to "hurt" the ppl around u.
    Well, to stay within the hypothetical situation, we can assume you have enough money to buy one BUS. Dupe many BUS, and sell to NPC to keep the money outside the general economy. When you have enough, start buying +1's / +0s of what you need and begin with the upgrading.

hmm.. lets say u got hacked. and they hacker took every single item and every single coin. and left u off in moradon. and lets say you've already done all quests. how will u gain enough coins to buy a bus? kill worms sell nus? sell stillettos? or dupe the nus? im curious :P

Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yun_Yuuzhan)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-C4pt4iN
    I havent read the entire topic, but excuse me.. How would u "dupe back" ur jewelries? To dupe, u have to obtain the source of the items u need to dupe, so to get it back easily u have to get some cash, and by easy cash u need to dupe some basic craps and sell it to innocent ppl, and here u begin to "hurt" the ppl around u.
    Well, to stay within the hypothetical situation, we can assume you have enough money to buy one BUS. Dupe many BUS, and sell to NPC to keep the money outside the general economy. When you have enough, start buying +1's / +0s of what you need and begin with the upgrading.[/b]
    But then again, if everyone or a lot of ppl are doing this, its gonna be the same problem as we have with the dupers now. When u dupe money and buying items, u are inject a lot of "illegal" money into the server. No difference with our current "bad dupers"... :/

Well, thats EXACTLY what fucks up economy Yun. When a duper starts buying items with duped money, it unbalances economy and generates inflation. Why? Cause that money is not "real", even if u made it by selling to an NPC. That money shouldn't exist, its like making fake $100 bills and buying with them.

Since u got fake money, u start buying items and prices start to go up. Higher demand, higher prices.

Sure, it wont go too high if u stop after making your +7/+8 set, but as u can see, your duped coins ended anyway in the market. When this happens with more ppl, prices go crazy and a Shard +1 is over 500m.

This game was ruined long ago, so I'd say yes.

If I knew how to dupe/db hack or anything related to this, I would.
    Too bad I'm way too dumb to know :lol:

priestish

Originally posted by Devile
    Well, thats EXACTLY what fucks up economy Yun. When a duper starts buying items with duped money, it unbalances economy and generates inflation. Why? Cause that money is not "real", even if u made it by selling to an NPC. That money shouldn't exist, its like making fake $100 bills and buying with them.

Since u got fake money, u start buying items and prices start to go up. Higher demand, higher prices.

Sure, it wont go too high if u stop after making your +7/+8 set, but as u can see, your duped coins ended anyway in the market. When this happens with more ppl, prices go crazy and a Shard +1 is over 500m.
    <3 lllilll

Funny thing is that I liked having lots of coins. It makes pot money so worthless. BUS was just as cheap as NUS. Paper armor was only just time, not money. Right now, some warrior are scraping for soul pots. Soon people won't have SD on their skill bar :-(

only way to get nice coins is to buy with usd nowadays. best thing ppl can farm are bosses now and boss drops decreasing too. soon u see DR's in merchant like the last time prices drop and u see chickens shouting S>+1 or +2 DR pm me. cant prices stay stable for once.. cant k2 pay for more than 1 gm per server :mellow: i bet if the game was more stable ppl would buy premium everyday. but k2 is trying to FORCE ppl to buy premium to make login times. like if i didnt pay igc for premium i would only be able to login after 4pm... it's retarded. fuked up economy ftl

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by Devile

Yeah, good point. Ok, so I think we've established that no matter how private the duping is, it does affect the server as whole on some level.

In that case, even something as small as this 'gray line situation' is a no-no.

How about this then: a trusted friend who is quitting the game anyway gives you all his items. They happen to be exactly what you need, but they are not the same + as yours were. (Not very likely but remember this is all hypothetical). You can then dupe these to replace what you had, destroying all leftovers and buying BUS only from Charon, using no trinas, and not one coin of yours ever touches the economy. Moreover, your friend quit for good so he doesn't care he will have to farm for all his items all over again and you will not be tempted to "help him out", so to speak.

Did the person in this hypothetical situation cheat?

carso

one duper or two doesn't ruin an economy, it's when prolly 5% of the game population or more knows the dupe

TunaFishyMe

maybe im seeing this in a different view, but under the circumstances yun gave in the beginning, i dont really see how it will affect the market. We are talking about one person here, not the entire server. Sure, realistically speaking, if one person knows the method, itll spread. But in this situation, you are the only one who knows the method. Yun's first example was where you had everything at 1+ already and 0+ and lets add that you have enough money for bus. Assume this is true. Your duping if contained does not affect the market at all. You dupe dupe dupe until you ahve 8+ never selling anything. Then you delete all the dupes so you only have one ID on the server. No coins goes into the market at all.

I think the inital question was whether or not this sort/or reason for duping should be consider 'ok'.

Itamal

Lets all be honest for a second, if you worked on your gear for 2 years, 2 whole years of farming and playing and then you get hacked and lose it all, would you really turn down the option to retrieve your lost gear? Yes, it's cheating and it's wrong and it hurts other people game play but if that happened to me I know I'd do it (I was never hacked and never cheated even once in my entire gameplay even tough I know the dupe method, XP bugs and how to gain access to macro). Keep on coming with this topics =)

mentalstamina

lot of "legit" players made tons of money & good trades because of dupes on market ( ebay & wu too )

lot of rich "legit" well stuffed players wouldnt have that stuff without dupers

not defending dupe at all :/ just saying LOT of guys that havent duped themselves are actually happy there is dupe actually

the gms/admins corruption - anvil & countless other bugs fucked the game as much as dupes .

Lawless

Im afraid that would be an instance where I would dupe......duped by accident virtually every server crash but like a good lil noob i deleted the results...( oft times when I really wish I had not, like right after a good day of DM's)

But if CS cant (wont) do anything for you, its either give up and play some lame geekbased game like WoW/GW, or take care of it yourself.

Didn't read it all. :wub:
    If I had all +8 stuff, and it was hacked, I would be so pissed that I would throw all morals to the wind. I would probably do anything to get it back. What's the point of spokesperson for the legit people in a game that fucks you over? Let's just hope no one ever hacks me =P

... or I would just sell my naked account on ebay, and go play Kal Online or RYL2 or Legends of Ares.

Volcanic

There are NO excuses. Its not important if 2 are doing it or 2002 are. Carso, you sholud know what its like to fight someone unfairly equipped.

Don`t believe me? I give you Commander, built on the blood money of anni. That was 1 cheat, and i wonder how much misery he caused people. Those that cheat, dupe, take freebies from GM and test drop rates are wankers.

If i lost my gear, after a few weeks of CS grief, i`d take the hint and find something else to do