Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Dupers - A Fine Line

This is a discussion on Dupers - A Fine Line within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Volcanic There are NO excuses. most people that say things like that always have a way to ...
Page: 6

Ensorceller

Originally posted by Volcanic
    There are NO excuses.
    most people that say things like that always have a way to get those items back. (not saying you) Some of us arnt that rich, it's easy to say stuff like that when you have a clan, or backup items to help you out if somthing like that happens.

Trii

people would just dupe continuously running around with the best armor/weapons.
    and even if GM can trace the trade logs or w/e they're called people could still use other chars from different IP's or have a constantly changing IP.
    imho its gonna give more pain in the ass to GM's, to see who's duping for real and who's not.

TunaFishyMe

most of you are stepping out of context. Its not the fact that most people will keep on duping and ruin the server. Yes that is what will happen in real life. However, in this hypothetical situation, you only dupe to regain the gear you once had. You aren't going to dupe to get 5+ items, just the gear you had before you had hacked and was left out to dry by CS.

Milkshaker

Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yun_Yuuzhan)</div>
    ... with no harm to others? *I'm wondering if those kinds of dupers really are so bad. [/b]
    <!--QuoteBegin-Volcanic

That was 1 cheat, and i wonder how much misery he caused people.
    You are touching on the reasons why duping for yourself only is so wrong. Say you lose a fight to someone who has duped their gear and so with your +6 or +7 gear, you feel somewhat inadiquately equipped, so you learn how and you dupe your equipment, so that right away you have equipment like the duper had when he beat you. Doesn't that make you exactly like the duper? yuck.

In my opinion, Duping to equip yourself DOES affect others. You are cheating the market, You are cheating the NPC's that sell scrolls, You are cheating the other players of the game of farming time, and you are cheating the lesser equipped players who do not cheat in cz if you pk with your gear.

A dupe is a dupe is a dupe.
    A cheat is a cheat is a cheat.
    A Legit player is a legit player is a legit player. -

Circumstance is not an excuse. Bend the rules and get Bent gear.

bent gear looks like u need rpr

TunaFishyMe

wow...you are duping to REGAIN what you lost. You arent becoming some pimped out char. Just what you had before. Remember this. Every part of the situation is important. Everyone knows that duping is a good thing. That it fucks up the game etc etc. In this situation its completely different. You were hacked and lost absolutely everything. K2 said fuck you and ran away with you money. You are duping to regain what you had before. CZ will stay the same as it was the day before you got hacked. Prices in moradon will be the same. There will not be a single coin injected in the game because its all dealt with NPC and charon. Nothing is sold. Its 100% in closed quarters. That is the situation.

Itamal

IMHO cheating is getting things you don't deserve. If you have lost all your hard earned items I'd say you deserve having them back.

Trii

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    wow...you are duping to REGAIN what you lost. *You arent becoming some pimped out char. *Just what you had before. *Remember this. *Every part of the situation is important. *Everyone knows that duping is a good thing. *That it fucks up the game etc etc. *In this situation its completely different. *You were hacked and lost absolutely everything. *K2 said fuck you and ran away with you money. *You are duping to regain what you had before. *CZ will stay the same as it was the day before you got hacked. Prices in moradon will be the same. *There will not be a single coin injected in the game because its all dealt with NPC and charon. *Nothing is sold. *Its 100% in closed quarters. *That is the situation.
    and u think if people were able to get the best armor, they would stop on what they had before ? some of them would say they would, but thats just simply bs.

TunaFishyMe

lol. Do you understand the definition of a hypothetical situation? It means you set rules where reality does not have. Theses rules are laws that you must obey to. It doesnt matter what would happen in real life, we are speaking hypothetically speaking. This person sees the rules as their god and must abide by it or will spontaneous combust. Stop thinking real life and think the situation.

Trii

you say must. same shit as when people agree on TOS in ko, and see how many are banned, not everyone's going to follow the rules, which is where the chaos comes from.

TunaFishyMe

-__________________________________________________ ____________________-"

hy·po·thet·i·cal Audio pronunciation of "hypothetical" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hp-tht-kl) also hy·po·thet·ic (-thtk)
    adj.

1. Of, relating to, or based on a hypothesis: a hypothetical situation. See Synonyms at theoretical.
    1. Suppositional; uncertain. See Synonyms at supposed.
    2. Conditional; contingent.

n.

A hypothetical circumstance, condition, scenario, or situation: OK, let's consider this possibility thenjust as a hypothetical.

Trii

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    -__________________________________________________ ____________________-"

hy·po·thet·i·cal * Audio pronunciation of "hypothetical" ( P ) *Pronunciation Key *(hp-tht-kl) also hy·po·thet·ic (-thtk)
    adj.

* 1. Of, relating to, or based on a hypothesis: a hypothetical situation. See Synonyms at theoretical.
    * * * * 1. Suppositional; uncertain. See Synonyms at supposed.
    * * * * 2. Conditional; contingent.

n.

* *A hypothetical circumstance, condition, scenario, or situation: OK, let's consider this possibility thenjust as a hypothetical.
    and in human/english language that means ?

TunaFishyMe

that means dont think about people violating TOS. Thats real life. We are thinking about a dreamworld. Where duping is only to regain what he lost and nothing more. In this world, it is possible.

Lammer

Still trying to explain the meaning of Hypothetical situation? :blink:

:lol:

99% of the ppl would dupe, 0.5% would cry till they grow up and the others 0.5% would quit KO.

TBH.....i would dupe to get my stuff bak....even though i know that its wrong..i would probably be to pissed to even think about the effects. IF a game fuked me over, then i would probably fuk it over too. Selfish, yes. But when it comes down to it...all u have is urself. IMO if that happened to yall or me..we would probably dupe or just quit KO.

but ey...everybody cheats..in games, RL.....everybody does. TO say u dont cheat is a bunch of BS.

If a friend of mine that i knew in RL or in KO 4 quite awhile and they cheated..i would probably be like go ahead, i dont give a F***. its there decision, i have no say in it, i can persuade them, but that wouldnt do much.

i THINK that words on a forum dont mean nothing...since we dont know who or what they are doing behind the keyboard....people might say they dont dupe or macro/hack, but those are just words on a forum...we cant really know. Everybody done something illegal in a game or RL. PERIOD.

thats be my 1 cent.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast