Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Dupers - A Fine Line

This is a discussion on Dupers - A Fine Line within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; well if my friend was going to cheat by fudging his taxes lol, i wouldnt tell him to go ahead ...
Page: 7

TunaFishyMe

well if my friend was going to cheat by fudging his taxes lol, i wouldnt tell him to go ahead xD

Lawless

he needs my accountant then.....

the only dupers that ruin the market are the stupid ones who cant even dupe items and make them legit.There is tons after tons of duped equip in ares which doesnt get wiped except jwlry so i say the items dupe wiped r just made by noob duper who duplicates 1 item without deleting the original copy which make dupe wipe delete it all others r just fine

Originally posted by bigjuicyboobies+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigjuicyboobies)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-dias
    I would like to see the thousands of flame posts if the topic starter was a Turk instead of Yun * :wacko: <_<
    People like you should be banned, have you not read the previous posts made about this? Stop beating a dead horse.[/b]
    I did read sir and somehow i had a feeling that ppl become more relaxative telling their opinions for a critical topic like this when the topic starter is not a turk. I doubt someone would say "Yes i will dupe if i lose my legit items at a dupe wipe" at the same position. Banned for this? Yea sure

I'm with Lammer, i had this discussion with Spray some time ago, he was saying that he could see why people scam via the internet because tbh its just a bunch of people you'll never meet, but then i bought the point, if i was going on holiday and wanted someone to look after my house i'd give my keys to Devile instead of Charlie187, because i believe that the way you play the game is very representative of the way you form your morals in real life. If you'd screw someone over in a game, i believe you'd do the same in real life.

I must point out that in the original discussion i said i'd give my keys to Wagyar till spray pointed out i'd come home to find all my beer had been drunk and wagyar would be sprawled out across my kitchen floor :lol:

PriesTesS

lol

Not everyone would dupe if they had the opportunity. I do believe a players behaviour in a mmorph reflects his behaviour in rl.

At some point, all of us knew how to dupe, i'm sure, it was easy. Gm's even announced server restarts. Doesn't mean we all did.

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by Greygoose+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Greygoose)</div>
    but ey...everybody cheats..in games, RL.....everybody does. TO say u dont cheat is a bunch of BS. ...
    [/b]
    Now wait, what? How do you figure this? There ARE people who play the game straight and square you know. (Like me)

<!--QuoteBegin-URunFasterWithAKnifE

I'm with Lammer, i had this discussion with Spray some time ago, he was saying that he could see why people scam via the internet because tbh its just a bunch of people you'll never meet, but then i bought the point, if i was going on holiday and wanted someone to look after my house i'd give my keys to Devile instead of Charlie187, because i believe that the way you play the game is very representative of the way you form your morals in real life. If you'd screw someone over in a game, i believe you'd do the same in real life.
    True but its easier to hurt people over the Internet because some people have difficulty establishing that people on the Internet are REAL people, just like you, with thoughts, feelings, dreams, hopes, fears, etc. It's called 'objectifying', and it's very immature.

Just because someone scams in a game, doesn't make them like that IRL, but it does show that they have some very real potential for it. It's more difficult to deal with someone mad enough to kick your ass IRL than it is to block some kid screeching at you over MSN to give him back his items.

PriesTesS

yes

some people take it a step further, they don't trade on the market. Since it's all contamenated with dupe's.

Personaly, I only bought stuff from people trough this or rankingsforum, old players, people i asumed trustworthy. If u play legit, u don't wanna risk loosing that item u worked so hard for.
    If u take care of a whole clan, u're even more carefull.

if i could dupe then yes i would roll myself back it all depends tho if i got hacked out of my own stupidity fair enough im fukked but hey im rebuilding again now after K2 gave me a wrong rollback seeing its k2's mistake i would have no trouble rolling myself back tbh alas i have nno clue how to do it so i guess its just gonna be oldfashion hardcore farming for me

carso

i think it would be safe to say that a lot of people are different in real life than they are in online games or in online in general...i for one will say i don't act half as gay in real life as i do in IRC

Originally posted by carso
    i think it would be safe to say that a lot of people are different in real life than they are in online games or in online in general...i for one will say i don't act half as gay in real life as i do in IRC
    That's a bit true. Even though the internet reflects how your personality is in real life, it's not always the same.

True but its easier to hurt people over the Internet because some people have difficulty establishing that people on the Internet are REAL people, just like you, with thoughts, feelings, dreams, hopes, fears, etc. It's called 'objectifying', and it's very immature.
    Maybe that's a problem I have. I would NEVER scam anyone, or do somthing such as that, but it's somtimes hard for me to be as serious with internet matters as I am with real life. I never curse in real life (some may find that hard to believe), or act the same way. It's really odd how the internet can change some peoples personality, it makes peoples minds more open I suppose.

I cant think of any analogys at the moment to explain what im trying to say but I'm sure you understand what I mean. :P

TunaFishyMe

the only time i will turn my back on someone is if i catch wind that they are trying to fuck me over. Then its fair game in my opinion.

In Yun's ideal model, it is a way of self-serving justice, but it is arguable. By "ideal" I mean someone who truly ONLY restores what they lost, nothing more nothing less, not even by 1 coin. Sounds reasonable but eh...would feel really weird wearing that gear after even though it's yours it's like a clone.

Depending on how much my blood pressure rose from seeing my legit character go naked would dictate whether or not I'd dupe all my shit back. What about you guys?

Banned

What I dont understand is if a duper can dupe anything he needs, why sell items? He dosent need cash, is it just to fuck over people? I dont understand...zzz

Ya it's cruel shit indeed. The few petty coins they make have no value compared to insane uniques they can dupe, so why fuck people over? Pure evil.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast