Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Earthquake in Peru

This is a discussion on Earthquake in Peru within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Im peruvian h34r: this earthquake looks like a nova town from TOWN's mages xD well talking seriously. Ica was the ...
Page: 2

Im peruvian h34r:
    this earthquake looks like a nova town from TOWN's mages xD

well talking seriously.
    Ica was the epicenter :/
    and we are still getting little tremors :S so people can be safe 100%
    more news later

TaDaaa

Are prayers are with all of you effected by this.

As for some of the sensors, predicting earthquakes is still not possible. They can measure tension in techtonic plates on dry land, but it is impossible to know when those plates with shift or slide causing a earthquake. The sensors that the warning were based on were tsunami sensors. They are ocean buoyies that measure waves, and can measure tsunami waves caused by earthquakes. There was a tsunami wave measured by these sensors so the warnings were sent out across the coast of peru, and hawaii. Fortunatly these were very mild tsunami waves, ~2-6 inches on landfall. Predicting Tsunami size is still impossible because it is imposible to measure the actual force of the wave, all you can measure is the size of the waves in deep ocean. Tsunami's are not dangerous until all that force and displacement of water comes to shore.

Thank you for your concern by posting the topic. . and for following the rules. I put it here because MANY people in the area play KO and wanted to ensure that those w/ clannies from Peru, got the news in a timely manner.

FUCK if micton , holy , warpath , or any of those chipis get hurt im gonna cry

Banned

i hope ranking is ok [/b]

ftw? you think earthquake got nps from this deaths?

Banned

Thank you for your concern by posting the topic. . and for following the rules. I put it here because MANY people in the area play KO and wanted to ensure that those w/ clannies from Peru, got the news in a timely manner.[/b]
    Ok no problem, but i was make a topic almost 4 hours ago

Ok no problem, but i was make a topic almost 4 hours ago [/b]
    4 hours ago i was asleep ^_^

*k. .back on topic plz.*

Banned

4 hours ago i was asleep ^_^

*k. .back on topic plz.*[/b]
    lol no ;P, no worries about it
    General Chat is the best chat in ko4life, all members check it. (better than "Off Topic") =)
    peace

Banned

ftw? you think earthquake got nps from this deaths?[/b]
    you deserve to be shot.

Hope everybody's ok.

There needs to be a more efficient detection system in place, so civilians can at least be better warned and prepared...[/b]
    From what I've been told, an earth quake only usea few seconds from the place of origin to the surface. Theretically predicting the next earth quake is probably centuries into the future.

sad to hear hope everyone is ok

Banned

Blanquita yesterday was talked to me about EarthQuake and mom of him wasn't in house.
    I THINK mom of him are disappeared (cuz blanquita said me mobile of mom was "off" and she is nervous )

Banned

From what I've been told, an earth quake only usea few seconds from the place of origin to the surface. Theretically predicting the next earth quake is probably centuries into the future.[/b]
    actually they have sensors deep within the ground that can detect SMALL tremors, which means that by measuring how big/small they are, it might tell us if there is going to be a larger one in the next couple of hours/days. it still gives people time to evacuate, not everyone, but some.

TaDaaa

actually they have sensors deep within the ground that can detect SMALL tremors, which means that by measuring how big/small they are, it might tell us if there is going to be a larger one in the next couple of hours/days. it still gives people time to evacuate, not everyone, but some.[/b]

Still unpredictable, you never will know when the plates will shift, and if they do how much they will shift.

Interface

good to be from europe... no typhons and earthquakes here : h34r: btw, even if they have uber sensors to detect incomins earthquake, they can just warn ppl... still cant stop eathquake [/b]
    Don't be surprise if Europe gets cover by water

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast