Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Earthquake in Peru

This is a discussion on Earthquake in Peru within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Haven't been here in ages, but when I heard about the earthquake I thought I'd check on Devile and Micky. ...
Page: 6

Vyper

Haven't been here in ages, but when I heard about the earthquake I thought I'd check on Devile and Micky. Good to hear you guys are okay...

<3 Peru

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

I was at one of the main avenues in the city, at the main hour of traffic when I felt the car somewhat tilt, the first thing I thought was that we had gotten a flat tire but then I saw tons of people running away from the buildings. All the cars stopped and people got out of their cars. At that point I felt something huge shake the car and I couldn’t believe it, the floor was shaking!! All the lights when out and a huge bright light was seen in the sky.( Its hard to explain how that light occurred) The phones did not work for a huge portion of the night and people were afraid that a tsunami had occurred, which thankfully had not.

Most of the death and damages occurred 3 hours south of Lima. Now we must wait to see what happens and help those who need help.

I have a few friends from KO who are from Peru just like me, today I was able to talk to them and gladly they were ok.

Thank you to everyone who sent me mail asking how we were doing and if we were safe.
    [/b]
    :wub:

TaDaaa

Just saw on CNN that there was another major after shock south of Lima this morning.

15 minutes ago was another tremor :S
    we arent safe anymore?

gravedigga_bg

ty for all guys all ok here in lima-peru and beast all cabroncitos are ok :lol:[/b]

Weeeeeeee, nice to hear that amigo. Tonight I will log on vent and hope to speak to any of you. KakashikUN or you or Necrowalker. I just saw there was another quake. Please tell me no more casualties and everything is ok!!!

TunaFishyMe

Sorry to dissapoint anyone, but the earthquaket didn&#39;t got me [/b]
    god dammit -__-"

MillionVoices

i saw the pics on tv

i dobut any of the guy in that town even had a pc. It was like a lil tribe.

looks like in peru, the buildings are constructed to stand after a earthquake like that.

in turkey (like tolga said) there was a strong earthquake that destroyed the life of so many families..

cricri

i know some ppl who play ko and live in ica ... still no news about them. there is not electricity, water or phone so it&#39;s gonna be difficult to get news about them soon. i hope they are fine.

as it was said pisco is the city where earthquake made more damage, most of the houses were made by noble material which made that houses go down faster. from what i know most of 70% of the buildings were destroyed, there are more than 600 ppl dead and the probabilities to find more ppl are high ... it&#39;s really sad to see news, u can see bodies everywhere they are recording and many ppl were injured.

thx to all the ppl for the prayers

Tristan

i know some ppl who play ko and live in ica ... still no news about them. there is not electricity, water or phone so it&#39;s gonna be difficult to get news about them soon. i hope they are fine.

as it was said pisco is the city where earthquake made more damage, most of the houses were made by noble material which made that houses go down faster. from what i know most of 70% of the buildings were destroyed, there are more than 600 ppl dead and the probabilities to find more ppl are high ... it&#39;s really sad to see news, u can see bodies everywhere they are recording and many ppl were injured.

thx to all the ppl for the prayers[/b]
    Cricri, good to know you&#39;re okay bro.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Cricri, good to know you&#39;re okay bro.[/b]
    +1.

Any word about fumi? Havent seen him for a while, he kinda disapeared suddenly

cricri

thx guys <3 u both ^^

if i see manu i&#39;ll ask him, i know he speaks with fumi frequently.

ArminVanBuuren

Yes as sandro says lima is not the worst part, a city called Pisco with 130,000 people was the worst part here is where most of the ppl died most buildings went down and more ppl were injured Pisco the worst part

My family as most of the ppl in lima is ok but i feel very very sorry for the ppl south of lima, hopefully the number of dead people won&#39;t increase, that is my pray, im still looking for some paypal acc or bank acc in the states where i can help from the U.S. not even a website from the goverment where peruvian ppl out of Peru can help.[/b]
    It is quite a tragedy what is being lived at Pisco right now...I have some friends and some relatives in there but I know most of them are ok...even if I feel pretty bad for ppl that was on the south and lost everything, I can say that fortunately the epicenter was not in Lima, because would have been much even worst.

Even if I was not posting in here due to the events, I feel quite happy to see some ppl that I&#39;m used to see flaming each other are being quite nice about this situation and that will mean a lot for us. Thank you all for the prayers, hopefully, no more ppl will be lost (that&#39;s what I pray for).

To chusco and other peruvian guys, here&#39;s a link to El Comercio, in which you can see where to send your donatives and where to go if you are sending clothes, food or blood donation.

http://www.elcomercio.com.pe/ediciononline...ada0419688.html

Lot of buildings over there are pretty old, specially downtown where buildings like churchs are from like 19th century or even older. Same goes for downtown Lima. Those structures cant hold after a 7.9 earthquake. Less than 30% of buildings are made of concrete in Pisco-Ica. Thats why most of the city was completely destroyed. Not to mention the quake destroyed the highway, electricity facilities, water, phones, etc.

I dunno many cities that can stand still after a quake of that magnitude, no matter what they are made of.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast