Would you play ?

This is a discussion on Would you play ? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; * Not advertising * I was just surfing around, reading up on some things related to KO over the website, ...
Page: 1

bluebird

Default Would you play ?

* Not advertising *
    I was just surfing around, reading up on some things related to KO over the website, and happened across a website, that was advertising a PS. The site is was on was a "black hat" site. My question is, would you play a PS (if you're into that thing) that was associated/affiliated to a black hat site ? - even if they offered a more secure server than that of usko but less advanced in terms of version.

Yes or no!

* Sorry if this isn't allowed even as a general discussion, if not, feel free to remove and accept my apologies. Want to hear some of your opinions.

Was trying to create a poll, but couldn't.

official or bb

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

whats a black hat

TNM

nope i only find private servers fun for like a couple of days while usko keeps me interested some longer

Quote Originally Posted by bluebird View Post
    The site is was on was a "black hat" site.
    ???????????????????

no talking about priv servers allowed here

bluebird

sorry for my bad english there, meant the site was on a hacking website (blackhat).

private servers are gay all pppl have same items like it when there is a big difference in items

would u play on my server if i offer same version as usko but no bugs or cheaters, many online gms

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

The biggest problem is no matter how good a private server is , it still lacks the volume and the reliabilty of the offical vertions.

they are fun to play on for a little while but the novelty wears off quick enough and it's just another vertion of KO. Ironcally another big problem is the servers are too pimped with items. You actually need the challange and difficulty of gettign stuff so people actually use the servers more but you also get the diversity of builds ect.

People need to have a sense of achivment when playing a game and if it is too easy the satisfaction goes and if it is as hard as normal KO your better off going to that.

I've said previously the other day we are still not allowing public dissgussions about private servers for now. In all likeliness we will start to go into some kind of section for them ( most likely in the VIP bit as it's not on a public view ) but we ( the forum staff ) have to be carefull who we assosciate ourselves with as we could lose the last 3/4 years of work of getting a trusted name wiped.

I know plenty of you do want PS's in one form or another but I beliave K2 have been cracking down on some and if we got reported to the hosting company that we were supporting illegual activities ( copywrite ) then we would not only lose the server but Bloodzone too would be effected. When you think the user base for both forums is over 100,000 users it's a risk we can affoard to take.

bluebird

thanks Felix, appreciate that response and the insight. take care.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluebird View Post
    thanks Felix, appreciate that response and the insight. take care.
    Your welcome mate.

I know with the other games we are doing it is common for "personal" servers to be used so if we see a need for it for more than a one game I guess it would only be fair to add KO to the list. If anyone wants to talk about this to me feel free to drop me a PM and I will listen to any ideas and then talk with the other admins and we'll take things from there.

maurice

no.....................

Quote Originally Posted by gerydeft View Post
    would u play on my server if i offer same version as usko but no bugs or cheaters, many online gms
    Yes you can offer same version, but not with the same things in (new mora and stuff)

u dont even have rofd..