Very strange disconnect problem

This is a discussion on Very strange disconnect problem within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; This problem is a little weird, I've never heard of it before, so anyone who has even heard of it, ...
Page: 1

OLD1953

This problem is a little weird, I've never heard of it before, so anyone who has even heard of it, I'd like to know if it ever got fixed and how.

My main is a rogue. Yesterday morning I killed Uruk Trons for about half an hour, then went to Moradon to merch stuff. When I came home from work for dinner, I was disconnected - nothing unusual. I tried to relog and got DC'd when the avatar started to move on the select char screen.

I did several tries, same problem. I thought I was banned, but then Tamarama figured out that I could load other chars from the same account without any trouble. So the account isn't banned. Several computers, different IP's, they all give the same result.

Essentially, my char is somehow stuck on D1 in a way that doesn't keep me from logging in, and doesn't keep me from playing other chars on that account, but keeps me from fully loading that particular character. The select char screen shows him in full armor and all weapons just as I left him, so he's not been hacked.

Will the server reboot tonight fix this?

wawh

probably, wait and see

Magicality

This is K2's "old" way of banning people. They can just ban one character instead of the entire account.

You should send a support ticket or talk to a GM in-game.

OLD1953

I checked customer support this morning, there isn't anything in my tickets saying I've been banned or had any action on the account.

This is pretty weird.

Admitted, archers get banned for being archers, but I'd think a three year old account at lvl 65 would say something about whether or not the user is AFK macroing. LOL, what, it takes 3 weeks to KOSP up that high?

I checked customer support this morning, there isn't anything in my tickets saying I've been banned or had any action on the account.

This is pretty weird.

Admitted, archers get banned for being archers, but I'd think a three year old account at lvl 65 would say something about whether or not the user is AFK macroing. LOL, what, it takes 3 weeks to KOSP up that high?[/b]
    more like 3 days ahahaha!! hope it gets fixed bud...

C^^

This problem is a little weird, I've never heard of it before, so anyone who has even heard of it, I'd like to know if it ever got fixed and how.

My main is a rogue. Yesterday morning I killed Uruk Trons for about half an hour, then went to Moradon to merch stuff. When I came home from work for dinner, I was disconnected - nothing unusual. I tried to relog and got DC'd when the avatar started to move on the select char screen.

I did several tries, same problem. I thought I was banned, but then Tamarama figured out that I could load other chars from the same account without any trouble. So the account isn't banned. Several computers, different IP's, they all give the same result.

Essentially, my char is somehow stuck on D1 in a way that doesn't keep me from logging in, and doesn't keep me from playing other chars on that account, but keeps me from fully loading that particular character. The select char screen shows him in full armor and all weapons just as I left him, so he's not been hacked.

Will the server reboot tonight fix this?[/b]
    In few days => server is under maintenance

tamarama

In few days => server is under maintenance[/b]
    So you're saying it'll be OK in a few days, or in a few days it'll simply state, "Server is under maintenance?"

Sorry for being an idiot, just want to clarify.

Thanks for your help.

OLD1953

Ok, just keeps getting stranger, now trying to log that account gives "server under maintenance", sure enough. I can still log my other account though.

Oh, well, whatever it is, I hope it gets fixed without me losing anything major.

if your getting the server under maintenece on just one account, it means your banned

Banned

once happen to me too

next day all ok

logg in the knightonlineworld site and see if your banned server under maintenence means usualy a ban

ban999 is permanent

OLD1953

I've still never had a notice saying I was banned. I did submit a support ticket, which came back with this:

Thank you for contacting Knight Online Customer Support. I regret to inform you that this account has been closed, as someone with access to this account was observed using third-party tools which violates our posted Terms of Service policy. This account will not be unblocked and all current/future tickets will be closed and no further action will be taken on this account. I apologize for any frustration this may have caused and thank you for your understanding.

Off hand, I'd say the CS dude (Sharji) in India or Turkey or whereever it is logged to that server maintenance screen and then copy and pasted that piece of nonsense. There still isn't a notice or notification of being banned, other than the response to that ticket. Everyone that has been banned always tells met there is a notice of "GM so and so locked this account" when that happens. I don't have that.

I've had some terrible problems with my ISP lately, and my uplink speed has been limited to about 26KBPS. I suspect I DC'd while merching in such a way that the data on my character was damaged, and that started this process.

IDK if old Dad should keep trying or just go play GW.

For sure, if I was hacking, I'd be a damn sight higher than lvl 64.94 in three years. LOL, if hack tools were that pitiful, why would anyone care about them?

Ok, a warning for everyone, if you have any trouble logging any one of the chars on an account, GET ALL VALUABLE ITEMS OFF THAT ACCOUNT AT ONCE. Sigh. At least three or four billion coins worth of items, not to mention about $20 worth of PUS scrolls, gone with the wind. Sigh.

And the number 40 clan on DIEZ is going to have to reform. This all just sucks rocks.

kutilin

well.. i have dc problem at golems, i kill(solo) like 10 - 20 golems and getting dc'd :s

OLD1953

It all beats hell out of me, unless solo XP is a bannable offense now. Better watch out with your solo XP.

In all my time playing this game, never ever has anyone ever accused me of cheating. This is just nuts. And why don't I have that "GM XXXX HAS BANNED THIS ACCOUNT" note in my tickets?

OLD1953

Well, I guess I'll wait until the ban list for Monday comes out, then I'll know what's up. If I'm not on that list, (and waiting that out will take more than a week I think) then somebody is going to have to explain to me just why my account doesn't work.