Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Empty Beramus

This is a discussion on Empty Beramus within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; maybe just DSL problems again ^^...
Page: 2

maybe just DSL problems again ^^

cadela

for you... :P[/b]
    now is not working =\ :angry:

sh1vas

not working for me either.... (sweden) :P

yabadaba doooooo!

HG Spot = FrEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! made 20% :GGG:G:G:G:G:G:G
    Got HQ,Samma,TK[/b]

you made 20% at Hobgoblin? are you like lvl 45?
    and killed HQ, Samma, TK aswell.. nice...

LIAR!

OLD1953

I think it's mostly due to people quitting. Tons of ppl have gone to WOW or other games where there is real support for the player.

Games/game servers undergo a predictable evolution, and KO is not immune.

1) In the beginning, the game is discovered by a few people, they level and try it and talk others into the game. Few cheat or hack, the servers are never full, life is good.

2) The game becomes popular, and the "make a quick buck" crowd flies in. They start hacking and cheating massively, and ebay starts filling up with items and characters. The legit players complain, and either the game company does something about it or they don't.

3) An update to the game is issued, with play improvements and upgraded bosses. Many old players leave, unwilling to accept changes in "their" game. More new players come in, the servers are very crowded. People complain about lag and login times.

4) Cheating and hacking spin out of control, is suppressed, spin out of control again. This can cycle once or several times, but most often will do so after the first "good play" update.

5) Something happens to get the players down, uber cheating, "top" players being named when everyone knows they are cheats, etc. A large number of top players ask for something to be done. They wait a while, then leave.

6) Server usage on the older servers starts to drop. Profits level off.

7) A game update with all kinds of reasons to buy "extras" from the company is issued. Many people leave. (P2P games usually skip this step, but not always.)

8) Prices of game items start falling, many cheat/hackers leave for greener pastures and bigger profits. Many people who paid over $1000 for a char or items now find them to be worth half that or less. People begin to give away chars and accounts rather than sell them.

9) Server usage drops to a low level.

10) Game is shut down for lack of profits.

Games don't always follow the full cycle, some cycle through 3, 4, and 5 repeatedly, and some (DAOC, Ultima) settle down at 8 or 9 for an extended period, because they have enough dedicated players to keep the servers running and the company keeps making a few bucks.

KO is now in 8. They MIGHT manage to pull back to 3,4,5 and recycle, but that would require more work than I think they are capable of doing. There is no danger of the game shutting down this year, IMHO, but I'll make no bets about the servers still being up in 2010.

PS: Had some items for a 35/40 or under warrior the other day, figured I'd give them away. None were around on Diez 1, there were 2 archers and one guy ran by me in Moradon, and I looked all over outside the castle. Pretty bad implications for the future.

tamarama

Bah, always a negative Nancy, is OLD1953.

(he has a good point though)

:wub:

Wac

israel works fine

rostoen1990

Norway works fine, i play logos tought

i am from holland and i cant login

Tuffyone

Sweden works fine...[/b]
    no it doesnt ... I havent been able to log on the whole day.

PD: launcher funkar inte Y_Y..haru telia eller ?

For those who cannot login, see if changing IP0 in the server file in the KO folder helps:

http://www.ko4life.com/serverstatus.html

KirbyKommando

I think it's mostly due to people quitting. Tons of ppl have gone to WOW or other games where there is real support for the player.

Games/game servers undergo a predictable evolution, and KO is not immune.

1) In the beginning, the game is discovered by a few people, they level and try it and talk others into the game. Few cheat or hack, the servers are never full, life is good.

2) The game becomes popular, and the "make a quick buck" crowd flies in. They start hacking and cheating massively, and ebay starts filling up with items and characters. The legit players complain, and either the game company does something about it or they don't.

3) An update to the game is issued, with play improvements and upgraded bosses. Many old players leave, unwilling to accept changes in "their" game. More new players come in, the servers are very crowded. People complain about lag and login times.

4) Cheating and hacking spin out of control, is suppressed, spin out of control again. This can cycle once or several times, but most often will do so after the first "good play" update.

5) Something happens to get the players down, uber cheating, "top" players being named when everyone knows they are cheats, etc. A large number of top players ask for something to be done. They wait a while, then leave.

6) Server usage on the older servers starts to drop. Profits level off.

7) A game update with all kinds of reasons to buy "extras" from the company is issued. Many people leave. (P2P games usually skip this step, but not always.)

8) Prices of game items start falling, many cheat/hackers leave for greener pastures and bigger profits. Many people who paid over $1000 for a char or items now find them to be worth half that or less. People begin to give away chars and accounts rather than sell them.

9) Server usage drops to a low level.

10) Game is shut down for lack of profits.

Games don't always follow the full cycle, some cycle through 3, 4, and 5 repeatedly, and some (DAOC, Ultima) settle down at 8 or 9 for an extended period, because they have enough dedicated players to keep the servers running and the company keeps making a few bucks.

KO is now in 8. They MIGHT manage to pull back to 3,4,5 and recycle, but that would require more work than I think they are capable of doing. There is no danger of the game shutting down this year, IMHO, but I'll make no bets about the servers still being up in 2010.

PS: Had some items for a 35/40 or under warrior the other day, figured I'd give them away. None were around on Diez 1, there were 2 archers and one guy ran by me in Moradon, and I looked all over outside the castle. Pretty bad implications for the future.[/b]
    Sorry, you fail at being intelligent.. no really that's not how its going/gonna happen/happening... everything changes when you add turks to the picture.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12