Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Is this the end of Knight Online?

This is a discussion on Is this the end of Knight Online? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by EnvyHuN After reading all these comments all i can do is think about one thing: How big ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by EnvyHuN View Post
    After reading all these comments all i can do is think about one thing: How big this game would have been in the hands of a good developer company. I remember how shitty K2 was, and in my opinion NTT is nothing better. They are all about money. Companies like these die out eventually. If they focused on the right things there would be x times more income than this way.. Sadly it's true that there are private servers opening every now and then which kills the one before it. I haven't had a longer than 3month private server in the last years. Waiting for the one that keeps the players there with updates regularly, good management and support.
    NTT and K2 aren't developers. They're distributors. They bought the license to make money off MGAME's game. So if MGAME was an actual company and they actually did some work on the files, maybe we would've had a better game that had actual depth in it.

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Thats why apex is your best option
    Same files as USKO minus bugs

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by EnvyHuN View Post
    After reading all these comments all i can do is think about one thing: How big this game would have been in the hands of a good developer company. I remember how shitty K2 was, and in my opinion NTT is nothing better. They are all about money. Companies like these die out eventually. If they focused on the right things there would be x times more income than this way.. Sadly it's true that there are private servers opening every now and then which kills the one before it. I haven't had a longer than 3month private server in the last years. Waiting for the one that keeps the players there with updates regularly, good management and support.
    KO is one of many korean random mmos. This one was lucky to get a cult following because of an unintended 'feature' that enhanced the depth of the gameplay greatly. Truthfully, KO and MGame (idk if this company even develops other games nor do I care) should have died a decade ago.

Unrelated but I find it hilarious that what set apart KO from other very similar games is now being left behind in favor of automated bots or macros that trivialize the whole point of this perceived additional depth.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    KO is one of many korean random mmos. This one was lucky to get a cult following because of an unintended 'feature' that enhanced the depth of the gameplay greatly. Truthfully, KO and MGame (idk if this company even develops other games nor do I care) should have died a decade ago.

Unrelated but I find it hilarious that what set apart KO from other very similar games is now being left behind in favor of automated bots or macros that trivialize the whole point of this perceived additional depth.

Mgame they do develop another games and that's why they spent little time with ko . they care only about korean market ...

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEDE View Post
    Mgame they do develop another games and that's why they spent little time with ko . they care only about korean market ...
    And they should as their other games are more popular than KO.

Why should they focus on some market they have no intrest in?

K2 was the best loll NTT is Crap.. usko died because of the 83 patch .. + the stupid new items !! enough said .. and steam well its just terrible ..

This game has been alive since 2002. so it has lasted as of now 15 years. However throughout the time that has passed it has changed but nonetheless surpasses a lot of other games out there due to its significant gameplay. Now with that in mind it is still playable but not as it once was. I just wish a good company would buy Knight Online rights and invest to promote its longevity rather than fill their greedy pockets to the brim. This game is one of the best games I've played. I don't want to see it die out any time soon.
    Last edited by l911l; 11-20-2017 at 08:19 PM. Reason: grammar

Knight online has no future anymore, even if a prestige company should buy it out. What are they going to do about it? The graphics are a big criteria for todays casual gaming generation. KO Graphics? Shit. Can you imagine KO with high-end / Crysis Graphics? It would lose its charm.
    The biggest problem is that KO is still alive because of an,how razor called it,
    unintended 'feature' that enhanced the depth of the gameplay greatly
    . Now I'm not too sure whether it's clear within the Source Code where that 'feature' exists or if it's just the result of overall poorly written code. If it's the latter one, then a tiny change could ruin the whole game. Most people in IT would say in this situation "Don't touch anything as long as it is _working_". Now if a company would acquire NTTGame it would not be able to do any improvements to the game (besides Customer Support and Community Work) unless it has the right to work with the source code. Which brings it all to another problem: Is the source code maintainable? (Last time I read the source code of KO the comments were all in Korean.. now this was a 12xx Version though) If not, then the company would probably have to do a big refactor of the code (I assure you, this will be necessary).

I am not playing ApexKO or any other KO, but I remember Twostars putting alot of work into the Source Code and refactoring and putting alot of his own thoughts into it. I doubt that there's anyone outside of MGame who knows better about how KO works than Twostars (most of former KO Developers don't work for MGame anymore though, which makes me want to replace 'outside of MGame' with 'including MGame')

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    Knight online has no future anymore, even if a prestige company should buy it out. What are they going to do about it? The graphics are a big criteria for todays casual gaming generation. KO Graphics? Shit. Can you imagine KO with high-end / Crysis Graphics? It would lose its charm.
    The biggest problem is that KO is still alive because of an,how razor called it, . Now I'm not too sure whether it's clear within the Source Code where that 'feature' exists or if it's just the result of overall poorly written code. If it's the latter one, then a tiny change could ruin the whole game. Most people in IT would say in this situation "Don't touch anything as long as it is _working_". Now if a company would acquire NTTGame it would not be able to do any improvements to the game (besides Customer Support and Community Work) unless it has the right to work with the source code. Which brings it all to another problem: Is the source code maintainable? (Last time I read the source code of KO the comments were all in Korean.. now this was a 12xx Version though) If not, then the company would probably have to do a big refactor of the code (I assure you, this will be necessary).

I am not playing ApexKO or any other KO, but I remember Twostars putting alot of work into the Source Code and refactoring and putting alot of his own thoughts into it. I doubt that there's anyone outside of MGame who knows better about how KO works than Twostars (most of former KO Developers don't work for MGame anymore though, which makes me want to replace 'outside of MGame' with 'including MGame')
    You do bring up valid points. But I think there is potential in private servers to extend the longevity of the game. All USKO/STKO cares about now is getting more money in their pockets as seen with their recent patches for decreasing drop rate of commonly farmed mobs such as AOC and etc.

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l911l View Post
    You do bring up valid points. But I think there is potential in private servers to extend the longevity of the game. All USKO/STKO cares about now is getting more money in their pockets as seen with their recent patches for decreasing drop rate of commonly farmed mobs such as AOC and etc.
    Oh lord, the amount of bias from everyone in all these topics is awful.

Banned Senior Member

They can merge and open new servers forever and KO will never fully die. Just get used to it. This is a cancer in Turkey and there is just enough English players to continue doing what they are doing and continue making money off us. A good game is a good game and its not going to die out completely.

I haven't played in over a year and I'm sitting here waiting for a new server around Christmas or hopefully January at the latest so I can get back into it.

Nuclear I bet your boyfriend is more of a man than you. All I see you say in topics is crying or useless statements.

there are no cheaters in usko at list since Manes!! i just hate this new damn servers!!

Quote Originally Posted by needy View Post
    K2 was the best loll NTT is Crap.. usko died because of the 83 patch .. + the stupid new items !! enough said .. and steam well its just terrible ..
    Lmao yeah i guess when items were being sold all over the place by gm's was the best.. ntt game kinda saved it tbh

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ItzPrayerz View Post
    Nuclear I bet your boyfriend is more of a man than you. All I see you say in topics is crying or useless statements.
    Struck a cord in someone I see.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast