Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Is this the end of Knight Online?

This is a discussion on Is this the end of Knight Online? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Sorry sorry, i didn't want to sound dramatic, but i really think there are no good servers to play with ...
Page: 1

Default Is this the end of Knight Online?

Sorry sorry, i didn't want to sound dramatic, but i really think there are no good servers to play with a decent population, all people see is profit every damn server. There were decent private servers with 500+ online people then some retard starts to sell out and generate an avalanche, everyone sells out wait for the next server. I feel the same thing is happening on USKO/STKO, just slower.

I would love to hear somebody refute my words, and tell me there is a server to play.. (BOTH US/ST/PRIV KOs)

I believe there are hidden türk servers somewhere with decent population to rape mmm play with. We need to find it somehow if there is any.

Let me know your thoughts on this matter.

PS: i just saw BadFamily stopped playing aswell, that's crazy in my opinion.

edit: sry for the clickbait title, wanted to get more attention for the topic.
    Last edited by EnvyHuN; 11-16-2017 at 11:08 AM.

I heard this same speech over and over for Diez, C-wesr, Europa and now Hellsgarem... Can you guys put some love or something irl to make you smile and see things great like they are instead of depressing about a couple of people moving on and doing tjhe sane cycle we all do about video games? I mean who never took a year or two of break about ko or any other games?
    Darken likes this.

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

The issue is that the playerbase all like different things, some only like to play the first few months where they can feel op by making 1 of the first raptor 8s or shard 8s and rake int he nps and then they quit whene everyone catches up to their items.

Some don't like having to play to get their items and would rather start at 83 with +8s or +9s - some of the private server guys

Some are stuck int he past and will only play servers from old patches not current ones - more private server guys.

Theres obviously more these are just the major ones that you see all over the place. and that takes an already small population, and splits it into 4 different ones.

the game isnt dead or dying, but it will never be like it was 10 years ago, and the sooner people realize that and stop whining and just PLAY THE GAME the sooner servers will be more normalized.

I've watched the same guy try 4-5 different servers for an hour and then claim that he knows anything about them, this shits all over the place on the forums.
    l911l likes this.

Dont get me wrong i am not depressed, i just see the things they are. I know how private servers, even the WELL developed ones work, but i don't really know about usko nowadays i just get informations from the forum, and it's dark

Quote Originally Posted by XxXOwnageXxX View Post
    I heard this same speech over and over for Diez, C-wesr, Europa and now Hellsgarem...

+1 .

this is a game from 2004 ... it will die......

i try play other games .... better graphics , history , suport , anti cheats i can continue ... but none have the gameplay of ko and that's why the game didn't die and that's why i keep playing it. the day a game with the same gameplay comes with new generation games stuff it's the day this game die.
    ikolar7 likes this.

Well, we had our talk about the GAME, but is there any servers you might suggest? Preferably priv kos, i am not rich

I don't know why people say that the game is dying. It's more accurate to say it's been dead for years. At least in comparison to any other MMO out there. People thought D3 was dead although they had a huge player base, but to the public it seemed like a dead game. At least I think KO is a dead game, because there's arguably more players in private servers, scattered around, than in the official ones.

On top of that, the fact that there are still bugs or unfinished features from 2005 in the game tells me exactly how much time is spent developing this game. It still baffles me how many unfinished features they just abandoned and made the game much less interesting and streamlined because the devs don't know that the fuck they're doing.

LEJ
    Banned Senior Member

1. KO got divided in 2 since ~10 years ( private servers )
    2. Private server population became bigger and bigger because of more ways to play it ( 12xx 19xx 21xx )

You can say that private servers ''killed'' KO to be honest. If there was no private servers then USKO would be more populated and u didnt have the feeling it would be dead, BUT USKO just got fucked.. Lots of people dont like the new features , AND the support.

Still there are many populated servers mate. They just die faster as usual. Usko DESTAN is very populair because all those famous streamers play there. I just started at destan and xping ( currently level 66 )
    I'm currently busy with a nice project (12xx) , just need to finish some things and then i will let people know about it.
    Knight Online wont ''die'' the coming 10years. Turkey still gives us a nice populated server like always.

Little archer Senior Member

People will tell you "lolz always ppl sez ko is dyin but here we r xd" however, I disagree completely. This time around, there seems to be a true split in the playerbase.

There hasn't been a official server since manes, nothing in steamko since whatever it was before hellsgarem because that one doesn't count. Both private and official servers are full with retards who constantly jump between releases to only play 2 weeks at most. They don't realize they're killing the game like this. Of course they're not the only ones to blame, because now even my dog has a private server coming up! I feel like in the past there were considerably less PS choices out there, so people stayed in the same server for prolonged amounts of time compared to today. The sheer amount of servers gives the players zero reasons to hesitate about quitting whatever to start over in a 'hype' release next week. Starting over is probably the time in which KO is the most competitive and fun, so its understandable to some extent but come on lol, how many more times?

Coupled with what the above poster said, people like different things, and KO has further split into too many niches. It's akin to a game with too many game modes but too little population. Some like pvp servers, others like farm servers, some dont mind current versions while others despise anything that isnt 'myko'. There is no true sense of community tbh and not a single private server dev that deserves its popularity. It will keep steadily decreasing from now on.
    ::Tsunami:: likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LEJ View Post
    2. Private server population became bigger and bigger because of more ways to play it ( 12xx 19xx 21xx )

You can say that private servers ''killed'' KO to be honest. If there was no private servers then USKO would be more populated and u didnt have the feeling it would be dead, BUT USKO just got fucked.. Lots of people dont like the new features , AND the support.

Still there are many populated servers mate. They just die faster as usual. Usko DESTAN is very populair because all those famous streamers play there. I just started at destan and xping ( currently level 66 )
    I'm currently busy with a nice project (12xx) , just need to finish some things and then i will let people know about it.
    Knight Online wont ''die'' the coming 10years. Turkey still gives us a nice populated server like always.
    Well to be fair, there are plenty of PSKO players that want nothing to do with official servers because they don't like cheaters and the server version. I know people who strictly play 12XX and have no interest in newer versions. I doubt I would have stuck around if there were no private servers tbh. I haven't played an official server since EUKO and even then I was just a sharer.

Edit: Oh right, forgot about players that don't want to spend so much money to play a bad video game.

This Game die because the priece in pus .

Quote Originally Posted by LEJ View Post

Game is dead. We are all fucking a corpse if you want a hideous reference. But for some twisted reason, we all like it.

Players killed the game, too many cheaters. I quited USKO at a time where warriors used R hack to kill you half a screen away, shit geared warr yet my BP with +2 uniques couldn't even cast a heal due to how fast it attacked -- Juraid was about having a mage with wall hack to TP in Deva Room, if your team didn't have one you would loose for sure -- Priests in CZ had TBL edits, no delay heals or duffs lol that was disgusting in a way that I had to quit.

GDM

Say what u want , but if a new USKO server opens tomorrow , even if there are 4 server , there will be queue . Like razor said , ppl want the excitement and fun in the first two weeks . If they open server like EUKO where exp prem gave 40 % instead of 400 % boost , and there is no genie ( at least in the first month ) where ppl have to exp by hand , isntead of leaving the pc on for a week , that would be a lot of fun

After reading all these comments all i can do is think about one thing: How big this game would have been in the hands of a good developer company. I remember how shitty K2 was, and in my opinion NTT is nothing better. They are all about money. Companies like these die out eventually. If they focused on the right things there would be x times more income than this way.. Sadly it's true that there are private servers opening every now and then which kills the one before it. I haven't had a longer than 3month private server in the last years. Waiting for the one that keeps the players there with updates regularly, good management and support.
    ::Tsunami:: likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast