Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cage Fights

This is a discussion on Cage Fights within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So you know in places like mexico and stuff they have the chicken fights, and then the spectators make bets ...
Page: 1

JesusWalks

So you know in places like mexico and stuff they have the chicken fights, and then the spectators make bets on what chicken is going to win. Well what if we could do that with ko players. So like the people of ko4life could vote for 2 players that they wish to see fight, and then make bets on the fight, with the risk of making or losing money. The bets would be much but it would be a cool way of interacting with eachother and possible making this "Cage Fight" idead into the new "niche" of "Fad".

This is how I think it could work.

On each server there could be a topic called "Cage Fights" and the people of the server could vote 2 players they wish to see fight to the death.
    Once the 2 players are accept the duel, the spectators (ko4life pepople) could make bets on who they think would win.
    The "Bet money" would be given to a "bet character" that a mod would have total access to.
    So once duel is over, the people who bet on the winning duelist would get 2x there bet money.

For example Player A Bets 1m on winner. He gets 2m back.

The duelists would fight 3 rounds, the best of 3 winds. They Winning Dueler would get a cut of the bet money.

So let me know what you guys think, I think it would be pretty cool to start something like this.
    If anyone finds are errors and has any imput please let me know in this topic.

another 1 on crack

but it will be fun actually seing a lot foreing lvls1 in each server watching fights in moradon, lol

dont like ur idea , fighter can be unfair to get money for him.

JesusWalks

Umm....please elaborate.

5DollahSuckySucky

Wouldn't work out if lets say a total of 42 gbs was betted on Joe the Plumber and 21 gbs was betted on John. Joe ends up winning and then somehow the personal holding the money has to pull out 84 gbs out of his ass to pay back the people that betted on Joe unless the winnings that you would win back was .25 of what you betted. But still, would not work out especially since the winner dueler gets a cut out of it too .. too complicated and would need a bailout at the end

EXP Extraordinaire Senior Member HeavensReject's Avatar

every1 bet on me!!! ill use talias, def armors and abyss pots!!

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

every1 bet on me!!! ill use talias, def armors and abyss pots!! [/b]
    use gm items too plx

dart84

i would bribe 1 of the competitor to lose and bet on the other ... :huh:

515saint

i like your idea i had a similar one i told a clani about a while ago how ever this is my idea...

u can currently challenge people to battlefield atm,

what if there was a way where u like challenge some one to fight and they accept it then brings up a trade window or a "stakes" window i.e what your fighting for so u could put items gbs wat ever you want on the line for the fight. and once u have settle wat your going to fight for you click the trade or "fight" button and bam your tped to an area of death where 2 go in and only one comes out ...(with the winnings the other still comes out but they lost.... cus its a game and u dont stay dead...unfortunately....fuck u all lol)

i think there would have to be certain condition tho ie. ways to stop people fucken with you, like if u challenge an int priest (your a dumb ass) and they just keep spam healing

any wya thats my idea with the fighting for profit

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

I was thinking of the same thing, but more like a coliseum type of thing. Two people or like a 2v2,3v3, 4v4 fight goes on and everyone who attends/bets can only watch. It could be like an event..like a War/FT/Bifrost type of thing where its a couple times a week or something. People would register, and everyone gets tp'd into the coliseum, and 2 people get randomly chosen to fight etc etc. And winner out of the whole thing gets something nice , and just so its fair they can make a lvl 60-69 and 70-83 section.

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

EDIT: Lag, double post

I was thinking of the same thing, but more like a coliseum type of thing. Two people or like a 2v2,3v3, 4v4 fight goes on and everyone who attends/bets can only watch. It could be like an event..like a War/FT/Bifrost type of thing where its a couple times a week or something. People would register, and everyone gets tp'd into the coliseum, and 2 people get randomly chosen to fight etc etc. And winner out of the whole thing gets something nice , and just so its fair they can make a lvl 60-69 and 70-83 section.[/b]
    like wow? that would be awesome i loved those 2vs 2 fights

Banned

would work if people frapsed/recorded their vses with watchable quality, otherwise no point

2 many 1440 pots on the servers from farming :P

Willows

Would have to be the sum of all bets minus like 5% or something to the fighter divided by number of ppl who won the bet to figure out how much everyone gets.

so 15 people bet 1gb each for a total of 15gbs

Fighter A wins the fight, and takes 3% of 15gbs, so 45m
    2% goes to whoever organised the thing and made sure noone cheated and stuff, so 30m
    3 people bet on fighter A, 12 people bet on fighter B
    Fighter A won, so the remaining 95% (14.25gbs) of the bet money gets divided between those 3 people, 475m each.

It's possible but unlikely because it's unsafe and hard as balls to keep legit/clean.

PNW 360 Hardcore, WA Senior Member Austin's Avatar

Good Idea but the only way it would really work is if...

everyone woul have the bet the same amount...

so say side A bets 1m ea
    and side B bets 1m ea

and there are 10 people on ea side betting so thats 10m betted for each side

now if side A wins the bet then the fighter gets a % of the bet money (not to high a % ofc)
    then the rest of the money is split evenly between the winning side betters

so lets go more in detail to this

if the fighter gets 10% and since the total pot is 20m then that would be 2m the fighter gets and then that leaves 18m left over and so the 10 people who get ea get 1.8m (increase of 800k)

now you dont have to bet 1m ea you can bet any amount but the # of people betting and the amount of money has to be the same on both sides only way it will work w/o to many compications...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast