Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Have players stopped playing KO the way it should be played?

This is a discussion on Have players stopped playing KO the way it should be played? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I got myself wondering today, what is actually going on with this game besides the hacking we all are familiar ...
Page: 1

Exclamation Have players stopped playing KO the way it should be played?

I got myself wondering today, what is actually going on with this game besides the hacking we all are familiar with. I currently play c-west, and after losing 9 gb of gear to a hacker, i tried to find ppl to farm with. And i must say, i'm not aware of anyone who farms besides hackers! I know there are quite some hackers around, but there are still things to do, places to go. I look around and ask people, and they all just get gold bars via babashop, or are old players who only pk, and new players like me can't do anything. I'd like to hear you guys thoughts on this.

cheers,

Nyox

O_o Senior Member

Same goes for EUKO Europa... Its very hard to get people to come and farm. Even when you are in an active clan with active allies.

Seems like people preffer to chose the easy way to get money/items...

Quote Originally Posted by MyDestiny View Post
    Same goes for EUKO Europa... Its very hard to get people to come and farm. Even when you are in an active clan with active allies.

Seems like people preffer to chose the easy way to get money/items...
    My point exactly. There is literally nothing to do besides pk/exp

Purrminator Senior Member

The thing I think that makes Babashopping worth it is that you can always sell everything again, you don't lose that much on babashopping when you quit, like if you babashop you can always resell and go + on it and so on, so I guess people like how that works, I rather baba than farm tbh, cuase I feel it won't take my time to get where i wanna be and I can always sell out if i want to

Quote Originally Posted by iThardy View Post
    The thing I think that makes Babashopping worth it is that you can always sell everything again, you don't lose that much on babashopping when you quit, like if you babashop you can always resell and go + on it and so on, so I guess people like how that works, I rather baba than farm tbh, cuase I feel it won't take my time to get where i wanna be and I can always sell out if i want to
    Some of us, like me, dont want or cant baba. Besides theres no guarantee nothing will happen and you lose what you invested. I got hacked, and i know some players who did too. But that is not my point. The thing is, game is dead because of hackers, but not only that. We need to get people farming again ..

Banned

That's exactly why I stopped playing a long time ago... I mean all the hacking and corruption aside, farming was always a thing I really liked about KO :|

Quote Originally Posted by MrRapist View Post
    That's exactly why I stopped playing a long time ago... I mean all the hacking and corruption aside, farming was always a thing I really liked about KO :|
    i really miss bifrost (used to farm a lot back then xD) and i'm ashamed to admit i have never farmed on krowaz! =/

Speaking about baba, let me point out 1 thing. Let say Europa server for example, each gb cost 5$ to get. If some1 makes 20$ an hour in real life, should he spend the same amount of time grinding/farming for 50mil? The stage of this game is not about exploring what is new anymore. It's all about getting enough gear to go out there and pk.

Quote Originally Posted by codeine View Post
    Speaking about baba, let me point out 1 thing. Let say Europa server for example, each gb cost 5$ to get. If some1 makes 20$ an hour in real life, should he spend the same amount of time grinding/farming for 50mil? The stage of this game is not about exploring what is new anymore. It's all about getting enough gear to go out there and pk.
    Is it really? Was it not fun? Those times where everyone tried their best to get geared. Spoke to each other, told jokes in ventrilo, succeeded in getting their gear! Was it not fun to have some items and throw them at anvil, build your own weapon which you later used to kill players instead of investing real money on the gear and lose all the fun/talk with your clannies? I am well aware its much easier to buy stuff and go PK, but in my opinion what makes this game worth it is the people who play it.
    Bathory likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nyox View Post
    Some of us, like me, dont want or cant baba. Besides theres no guarantee nothing will happen and you lose what you invested. I got hacked, and i know some players who did too. But that is not my point. The thing is, game is dead because of hackers, but not only that. We need to get people farming again ..
    It's because of how monotonous farming is in KO, for such low yield. Why farm for 8 hours a day, when you can go to work for 1 hour and babashop even more than you could of farmed in that entire time. The time is money notion shouldn't be applied to games and leisure, but in this case, farming in KO is hardly leisure.

"No guarentee you won't lose what you've invested"? Depends how you view it. How much cash do you spend for two hours in a cinemas? Two hours at an ice skating rink? XX hours completing a new console game (before you clock it)? If you play KO alot, you shouldn't view it as a loss. It's an investment in your leisure. With that being said, if you're not competitive then more power to you, don't babashop, and don't whine if you continue to play a game with this kind of model.

Also: out of curiosity.. if you can't afford to babashop but you can afford to spend hours on a game, why don't you work a bit more?

Skill barely seperates a player from the rest in terms of effectiveness in PvP. Gear > skill + dogshit life draining farming forces players who want to compete on an even level into buying items/chars.

Little archer Senior Member

Nyox, KO is not the same anymore, and this statement actually holds some value nowadays unlike a few years ago where the usual "KO dying?" doomsday predictions were often laughed at by people saying "KO will never go down" or "turks sustain this game", among others.

From 2008 people wanted KO to be like in 2005, and now people want the current KO to be like the one from 2008. Neither of those will come back anymore.

It's time to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by Zealous View Post
    It's because of how monotonous farming is in KO, for such low yield. Why farm for 8 hours a day, when you can go to work for 1 hour and babashop even more than you could of farmed in that entire time. The time is money notion shouldn't be applied to games and leisure, but in this case, farming in KO is hardly leisure.

"No guarentee you won't lose what you've invested"? Depends how you view it. How much cash do you spend for two hours in a cinemas? Two hours at an ice skating rink? XX hours completing a new console game (before you clock it)? If you play KO alot, you shouldn't view it as a loss. It's an investment in your leisure. With that being said, if you're not competitive then more power to you, don't babashop, and don't whine if you continue to play a game with this kind of model.

Also: out of curiosity.. if you can't afford to babashop but you can afford to spend hours on a game, why don't you work a bit more?
    You are aware that kids play games right? that being said, it's none of your business what i do with my life. I don't get why you're being so agressive about this. I tried to understand that point of view, but i can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    Skill barely seperates a player from the rest in terms of effectiveness in PvP. Gear > skill + dogshit life draining farming forces players who want to compete on an even level into buying items/chars.
    You're right about that .. but not everyone who plays KO is short on time right?

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Nyox, KO is not the same anymore, and this statement actually holds some value nowadays unlike a few years ago where the usual "KO dying?" doomsday predictions were often laughed at by people saying "KO will never go down" or "turks sustain this game", among others.

From 2008 people wanted KO to be like in 2005, and now people want the current KO to be like the one from 2008. Neither of those will come back anymore.

It's time to move on!
    I know mate, i still like this game though. I'm surprised that it just turned into cheaters and babashoppers, while some of us like me who don't want to invest the money they worked for in a game (aside from premium) have no choice.

you can still do solo farms..

Quote Originally Posted by JimX View Post
    you can still do solo farms..
    true. but the main reason i enjoy playing ko is team play

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast