Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Storytime!!! Jurad! Labyrinth of death!

This is a discussion on Storytime!!! Jurad! Labyrinth of death! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Since the official site is down and the new one is weird.. Ill just post it here.. In an ancient ...
Page: 1

Default Storytime!!! Jurad! Labyrinth of death!

Since the official site is down and the new one is weird.. Ill just post it here..

In an ancient time, even before man set foot on this world there was the creation of the Adonis continent, one of many on this world, Carnac. The creation of valleys, mountains, forests, frozen planes, islands and vast deserts. Soon life came on this world and with life came death, a balanced process to create the stable circle of life. With it came its wonders, created by the gods and balanced came its devastation.

When man set foot on this world they claimed their territories and cities, they shaped the world to what it is now. They made the next step in evolution, still being mere puppets of the gods their will, but with years, decades and centuries of evolution they are taking over more and more. And with more man exploring they found the beauty on this world, but like ever, they found shadows of death.

There are 2 regions on the Adonis continent which are a holdingplace for pure horror and destruction. A holdingplace surrounded by mountains and kept save by human and tuarek together. These regions are known as the Eslant-isles, a forward base, a camp saveguarded long time ago, a region where only the strongest can survive. 2 Camps, ones discovered by the humans long time ago, mirrorimages to eachother and the only entrance to the Eslant dungeons or known as the Jurad mountain, named after the expeditionleader whom discovered the labyrinth of death but never returned.

These are the pages of his diary found inside the Jurad mountain, the unholy temple, found next to his dead body at the entrance platform in a room filled with writings and symbols. His body was covered by skeletons of all kinds of creatures and fallen friends.

Jurads Journals

Day 1

Today we have finally unlocked the secrets to the 4th portal of teleportation. We have finally managed to unlock the doorway to Eslant, our scientists and librarians have decoded the writings and we are ready to make a new step forward on this world. Today the council has ordered me, Jurad, to gather an expeditionarmy to claim these new land for our great king Manes. I have set my assistants to work and we will be leaving within 7 days.

Day 6

More then 500 have joined us, from those in the highest experience level, mages, priests, sins and warriors, to slaves that will support us. All together to go for Eslant. We will be leaving tomorrow and I pray to the gods that we will make it back alive. We have brought food and supplies for over a month and we will leave tomorrow at dawn. Tonight we will be blessed by the temples priests and an official banquet has been prepared for us.

Day 7

We are here and have set up camp, the teleportation worked! Well, worked for most of us. We sent out our scouts and slaves to see what was out there, but.. They couldn't enter, they were missing something. After placing their hands on the Eslant subscriptions the portal started changing color like always, but they didn't disappear, they didn't teleport. Only those who had done the second jobchange, were mastered and above the 60th level of experience could enter. Only the strongest were able to teleport and others were left behind.

We have set up camp near the doorway back to El Morad, not a teleporter, but a single doorway, a stairway back to El Morad. It is an ancient monument and we do not know yet how it works. You walk in, walk down the stairs and all of a sudden you are in the nothingness of space, between worlds and end up being in El Morad again.
    In front of this monument is a tree which would take 4 man to enfold it, its roots are deeper then any tree I have seen before and the top is hidden in the clouds. It is asif it is the lifebringer in this region. Its bark has been carved asif someone has been cawed by animals or humans.
    When you materialize from the teleport between El Morad and Eslant you will see an enormous cavern on your right, with an entrance darker then night, swallowing all the light that surrounds it. It looks asif there has been an earthquake recently or the entrance must have been blown up, for there are rocks everywhere. Strange and horrifying sounds are coming from out the inside of it and we have put an entire party of our warriors at the entrance to guard it.

Tomorrow we will send out our scouts to see what this land brings.

Day 8

Last night has been a slaughter, the first signs of horror, of evil that inhabits this land. Our guards at the dark cavern were raided in the middle of the night by some sort of dragons, dragons without a body or soul, dragons with only 1 purpose in life, destruction. By entering the lands of Eslant we must have unlocked the cavern and they came out. It took 3 parties of our warriors to take em down and we have lost several in the battle. After killing the dragons all kinds of other monsters came alive, they arose from the dead dragoncorpses. My heart stops beating by the thought of what more there will be inside that cavern.

We doubled the guards and have set torches in front of the entrance. Anything inside will have to look in it and our guards are faced away to make sure their eyes are used to the darkness inside that cavern.

Today we have send 4 groups of scouts as well in all the directions. I hope to have their reports back soon.

Day 13

After 5 days of waiting we have no hope what so ever there is a scout alive, we have heard nothing from them. I fear we are at a more dangerous place then we first thought. It seems that this tree is the only beautiful thing we found this far in these lands.
    Tomorrow we will send out an expedition of 4 parties, including meself, to see what is out there. By now we know the land is divided in 4 regions, being: desert, rock, snow and swamp. We will start with exploring the desert tomorrow and hope to find our scouts, eventho it has been so long since they left.
    Every night the cavern spits out beings of evil, we have seen bone dragons, leech kings, red dragons, lirimus and centaurs this far and I have no clue what else it will bring. All of them have special powers and are stronger than anything I have seen before, if these are the troops that run around in that cavern, what in earth may lead them?

Day 15

We have been gone for 2 days and have savely returned at our camp. We have cleared the desert and seen remarkable creatures. Some seemed familiar to creatures seen in the lands of El Morad, others never seen before. We have also found the remains of our scouts, there were no survivors and we buried them next to the fallen comrades whom did not make it through the desert. Tomorrow 3 new groups of warriors will be send out to the snow region to discover what is there.
    Today I have ascended to a new level of experience, a level I did not think was possible. It took all my skills in battle to keep everyone alive and while fighting a mighty Balrok creature I started to combine my skills and have given others an even stronger defenseaura then I could before. Later on that day others have ascended as well and we know new spells and attacks now. This will strengthen us in our mission to explore the lands and that dark cavern which is worrying me more and more. From what I have seen in these lands this far, I fear what is inside the cavern.

Day 25

This morning our last group of warriors returned from the swamp area and even more warriors have ascended to a next level of experience. We have send reports and warriors back to El Morad to show our king what we have found and learned by now and he has send new, fresh troops to enter the cave.
    I arranged a meeting with the expeditionleaders to set out our plan and we have decided to have everyone ascend first by fighting the strong creatures that inhabit these lands.

Day 27

Today we have seen the birthmother of all the harpies in the world. She was the most beautiful, yet deadliest creature we seen this far. Even stronger than the creatures coming out of the cavern. Surrounded by her minions she was a true HarpyQueen and it has cost us a lot to take her down. Many have lost their lives again and were send to the spiritworld. But after defeating her my man ransacked her broken body and found a miraculous armorbelt. By wearing it, it fills me with great power, more energy and strength. We have named it an ironbelt for obvious reasons and will show our king it as soon as we are back in El Morad.

Day 29

It looks like there are more queens and king like creatures in Eslant which give great treasure. My man have found a Snakequeen, the mother of Lamias. There have been signs of a Trollking and even a Talos, the ancient stonefather of golems. We are looting new kinds of armor which are quite rare but a needed bonus for tomorrow. The first group of warriors will enter the cave and we hope they can prepare us for what is coming.

Day 35

Our warriors have not returned from the cavern and I fear they will never return to Carnac. I have decided to go in myself tomorrow with a new squadron of warriors and if we can't make it, none can now. If we do not return from it within 10 days the remaining man will close it down, my blacksmiths have started forging 2 doors to protect its entrance.

Day 48

I have lost em all, all my warriors in those depths of horror, a maze of nightmares, a labyrinth of death. This cavern holds a being which must never be released on this world. It holds the children, the next breed of a flying nightmare and we set it lose. We did not know what was in there, we could have not imagined what we would face. We were unprepared for the doom we unleashed. And now I am sitting here, sitting at the entrance, trying to find a way out. Praying my warriors outside have done what I have asked them to do.

We entered the cave with an entire squadron, more then enough to even defeat they mighty isiloon in the depths of the abyss dungeon and soon we had our first challenge. By walking down the stair we were transported through nothing, through darkness, bodies de-materialized, shattered in countless pieces, and all on their way to the labyrinth of death. We returned in a sacred templeroom, exactly in the middle of a platform, a platform from which we could not return to our base, there was no teleporter, no stairway back to Eslant, we were trapped. The walls in the room were carved with ancient symbols, figures, writings en signs of danger and death. Now, when facing my last moments in life I know what these writings mean, what they are here for.

After studying the writings and not having a clue what they mean we decided to go and discover where we could go. There was a bridge that would lead us to a 2nd same room, but this time we saw the crude and horrifying monsters again. The first room lead us to Lirimus, and when those died Doom Soldiers, Apostles and Trolls arose from their corpses. Because we knew these creatures by now they were less hard to defeat, less hard to take down, still these are stronger then I have ever seen. The 2nd room was cleaned fast enough and we discovered a new kind of treasury, these monsters had gems all over their body. Priceless gems who could be worth a lot of money or could be used by blacksmiths to craft new jewelry and weapons. After killing all the monsters the room started shaking and another bridge fell down, the temple complex had some sort of savemode to prevent the weak from entering its inner center. That bridge came down at the exact same moment we killed the last troll.
    It brought us to a 3rd room, with the exact same writings yet this time it were Bonedragons again, and after them there were more Doom Soldiers, Trolls and Apostles. And again the bridge came down at the exact moment we had killed the last group of monsters. We looked at eachother and even turned around to see if we had missed something, were we running circles?
    Again it brought us to a new room, a 4th room, exactly the same. My man started thinking there would be an everlasting circle of these rooms and again we attacked what ever monster was waiting for us there. The 4th room gave us Leech Kings and the smaller mobs again. And another bridge came down. With fighting that much and seeing only the same things over and over we thought we would be in here for ever, finding an exit which could not be found. There were no clues in the symbols and writings, no explanation. Only death and horror. And it gave us no sign what so ever what to expect. The only option was to cross that bridge again.

Day 50

I ran out of food 4 days ago and I believe I will starve in this deathhole. I hear sounds of creatures again and I know this one monster is still alive in there. I pray to the gods to give me a way out of here. There is none else alive left, all the warriors are dead, leaving behind a family, a history, a memory, but there will be no one to tell em about their last battles, their last thoughts.

We crossed the bridge again and yet another hallway appeared, but this time it was different, there were different sounds, the writings were different, the symbols were wrong, this was a new area.

Day 53

They are coming for me, they have been here before. The creature has found its way to the entrance room and has started to feed himself on the corpses of my friends. There was no other option then to lay down and play dead while my friends got eaten, while my friends served as a meal for this horrifying being. It left after some time asif it had enough to eat for now, I only wonder when it will be back.

We went through the hallway and got to what we think is the inner center of this temple. We all arrived at a stage and sounds of evil, a nightmare, came to us. We went down and noticed the mighty pillars supporting the roof, all carved with symbols and writings, but nothing ever written could have prepared us for what we saw there.

In the middle of the room was an egg, an egg which was 2 stores high. It was enormous, it would taken 2 man on top of each other to reach the topside of it. But what was in it was even worse, far worse. It looked like a bird, a bird of devastation but when it noticed us tentacles came out, tentacles asif it had an octopus underneath it. It screamed and killed 13 of my man before we could even do something. Fire rained from the sky and its tentacles took em down. This had nothing to do with a fight, we were being slaughtered, butchered, burned.. We had no chance... We should have never gotten here. We were dying.

When we were with 2 parties left we decided to make it a run, we could not handle this, we were not strong enough. We had failed. While fire burned our bodies and its tentacles were trying to strike us, we ran, we ran as if Pathos himself was chasing us. There was no where to hide and all we could do was to return at the startingpoint. Hoping we would be save there. We reached the startingpoint. Within the hour another entire party was dead for they were to badly wounded. And only a single day later we were left with only the 2 of us.

Day 51

I had to say goodbye to my last warrior, we decided to let me take the last bit of food and hope that I would figure a way to get out of here. But what he didn't know, there is no way out of here. We are trapped inside this temple of cruelty, this maze of horror, the layer of the DevaBird, the labyrinth of death. I haven't eaten for 6 days now.

Day 52

It is coming again, coming to feed upon us, help me! Anyone who reads this, help me! Please do not let me die like this.

Day

There are 3 more bodies left and I feel it is coming again, to feed, to have dinner. I have given up on it now, there is no salvation, no hope. It will come. And it knows I am here. I hope my man have what I have asked, for this evil should never get out, this evil

As ends the diary of Jurad, the man who discovered Eslant and its secrets. The doors have been closed for years, decades, centuries and his diary gives me the creeps. We have seen 2 rooms now, 2 exact the same rooms as Jurad had described. We know the DevaBird, as Jurad called it, is close. The only question is... Are we strong enough??
    KrepiN likes this.

Little archer Senior Member

lol ranzo such a huge effort, not really worth it for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    lol ranzo such a huge effort, not really worth it for this game.
    whaterver ppl do for this game, u wll always call it not worth it yet u'r still playin it. Talk about irony
    wargrim likes this.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDeSouza View Post
    whaterver ppl do for this game, u wll always call it not worth it yet u'r still playin it. Talk about irony
    this game doesn't even have lore lol.

i play it because im bored (why the fuck do you care?). im waiting for another release so why not? it's not like im spending a single cent on it.

does that mean ill participate in forum events and be an overall enthusiast about a lame product? not a chance. we all know how this game works yet we keep on playing it, but theres a difference between just playing it and going writing fanmade stuff about it.

note that im not belittling what ranzo is doing nor criticizing him. if he finds enjoyment in doing so then by all means go for it. i was just stating how this game in its current state might not be the most fitting for his stories!

this is just my opinion anyways

i hate reading it always give me a headach.. so pls can u summerize in 5-10 sentences or make shorter pls.

TNM

I found it quite entertaining. I guess this is why you were originally supposed to lose EXP as the only way of getting out is dieing, though I can't remember whether this was for winners or losers.

Another masterpiece from Ranzo

Video Designer/Programmer Senior Member LotusBomb's Avatar

lawll.. who s gonna read this all xD

Quote Originally Posted by LotusBomb View Post
    lawll.. who s gonna read this all xD
    Me, and probaly most of the other people who followed Ranzo's stories on the old Offical Forum.

@razor, what up nab! I know it is a huge effort, but as you might have seen before, I like to write. And creating the lore behind KO is actually fun. The game is bad as we know, but I still like it.

@AlexDeSouza, no need to comment razor his comments.. Rather read it and tell me if you like it.

@Prince

Jurad went to Eslant and discovered the 4 regions of snow, rock, desert and swamp, found strong monsters and Eslant Dungeon.
    Went in to dungeon to find out what it was, got in, but found no way back.
    Killed all mobs, all bridges went down, but lost the battle with DevaBird.
    All his man got killed, he survived and fled back to the first room from which he could not get out.
    DevaBird found him, ate him and his diary is what tells the story now.

That good enough?

@TNM, not bad for a fellow Dutchie uh? thnx for you comment!

@Rougean, Sick!! Thnx sugar! Come play with me one day. Ranzoape is still around, legends still walk this world!

@LotusBomb, try it.. And if you like it.. I have a little more.. Over 16 pages of KO-related stories

Video Designer/Programmer Senior Member LotusBomb's Avatar

heheh takes like 25 mins for sure:P

I challenge you!! Haha, let me know how you think about my writingskills

Quote Originally Posted by Ranzoape View Post

@Rougean, Sick!! Thnx sugar! Come play with me one day. Ranzoape is still around, legends still walk this world!
    Sadly, I don't have an account on cwest anymore :/ But gimme one and i'll come rape some orcs :P

Genius Senior Member ExclusiveBastard's Avatar

Good job dutchy, its quiet entertaining to read can u post some of ur other storys for me later?

je hebt een grote fantasie, misschien moet je proberen een echt boek te schrijven

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast