An extra security to prevent hack (just an idea)

This is a discussion on An extra security to prevent hack (just an idea) within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I was thinking if the game could add a confirm password or something before trade/merchant, so only the true owner ...
Page: 1

Default An extra security to prevent hack (just an idea)

I was thinking if the game could add a confirm password or something before trade/merchant, so only the true owner can trade/sell items out, this way theres no reason for a hacker to hack an account. The way to set the password could be like the most common password system, if u wanna change password u need to know the old password, and u can set ur password at.. sundries or something

Anyway, its just an idea, ofc K2 wouldnt be arsed enough to add this feature ingame..

::HiGhTiMeZ::

do you mean like use the same pw as ur account for it or like a differnt 1 to merchant and trade?

Originally posted by ::HiGhTiMeZ::
    do you mean like use the same pw as ur account for it or like a differnt 1 to merchant and trade?
    ofc a different password than ur account, or else its useless lol

::HiGhTiMeZ::

hm yeah i think it would be a good idea then

Sounds great on paper but hackers will just try and find a way to hack that too :cry: However that would definatly make things a lot harder.. and also make others more lenient to share accounts.... which can be a good and bad thing I guess :P

kirky

Yeh could be the next solution but like allways I NEW SOLUTION >> OPENS NEW DOOR TO HACKERS..

lol :?
    then upgrading(if they can't trade ur items, then destroy them?)
    merchanting(get hacked and merchant items to a TR friend?)
    and thrashing(eg at up)
    should be pw protected as well, imo you would get annoyed by this very quickly considering you gotta enter a pw for every item you try up, thrash of merchant

Oh and don't forget pus, if i'dd hack and notice I can't do anything w items, i would buy shitscrolls with all ur kc :roll:
    So everytime you buy a scroll enter pw

Enjoy ko lol

IsgurosBous

Originally posted by Oblivion
    lol :? *
    then upgrading(if they can't trade ur items, then destroy them?)
    merchanting(get hacked and merchant items to a TR friend?)
    and thrashing(eg at up)
    should be pw protected as well, imo you would get annoyed by this very quickly considering you gotta enter a pw for every item you try up, thrash of merchant

Oh and don't forget pus, if i'dd hack and notice I can't do anything w items, i would buy shitscrolls with all ur kc :roll:
    So everytime you buy a scroll enter pw

Enjoy ko lol
    +1, int+ scrolls ftl

El_Diabl0

if haxores can hax all the database with all the passwords, they can hax this password too

they would still hack your char lol / change password and useyour char as their own

Pwner

ROFL, that would u suck if u get trade spammed(If u havn't blocked trade) also when u like in a hurry like 3min before the war u notice ur friend has ur scrolls and he is in morador and then u write like wrong pw and miss the war, that would suck too, good ide thought

zerocast

There are not enough hackers (real hacker) in this server for this to be even implemented. Most of the people that get "hacked" are actually scammed or keylogged, which eventually get scammed for their trade password aswell.

Nattefrost

I think by this he means a "Runescape" kind of thing.

I checked it out a month ago, to see the progress and when i looked in my inn it asked me for a PIN number. And i would have to click my mouse on a number pad that the menu provided.

This way, IF you get hacked the hacker will not be able to get into your INN. So technically each time you logg off you can place all things into your INN and it will be 100% safe as the hacker cannot guess your PIN cause it cannot be key logged.

zerocast

That sounds a bit better :P