how do i sell stuff for USD

This is a discussion on how do i sell stuff for USD within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; how do i sell game items for USD? i want to do it properly but don't want to get scammed. ...
Page: 1

Banned

Default how do i sell stuff for USD

how do i sell game items for USD? i want to do it properly but don't want to get scammed. i have never sold anything online before, not even through amazon or paypal.

there is a guide in the market section but it's not that help, it's not really a guide, more like pointers.

anyone can help a noob through the process of selling stuff? i will be using paypal

Well, its actually pretty simple: All you have to do is find a person that wanna buy stuff from you and make sure he pays you before you give him items. If you cannot find such a person, then it's all just a matter of trust (That method i do not recommend, because internet makes ppl do very stupid things). My experience was with WU, and i was lucky to find several guys that had no problem trusting me. I even had several trades where i gave items before i received money. If you'r not sure how to do it, i suggest finding ppl that pay u first.

Offcourse, trust works both ways.

Banned

i heard something about people actually giving their items to the buyer but then the buyer say some BS on paypal that they never got their items and they got money back. i'm all new to these stuff, i don't wanna get scammed.

Doooh Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by daveto View Post
    i heard something about people actually giving their items to the buyer but then the buyer say some BS on paypal that they never got their items and they got money back. i'm all new to these stuff, i don't wanna get scammed.
    Only sell stuff for trustable person,if u plain give items firts you need ask for vouchers then u ask for vouchers if this person is trustable..

U always will have chance to be scammed...

get a flight ticket, go to a internet cafe and do the trade !

Extrem1st

By selling through paypal you're always at risk from chargebacks. Just a tip to be on the safe side, sell to those who got vouchers and keep away from newly registered accounts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Extrem1st View Post
    By selling through paypal you're always at risk from chargebacks. Just a tip to be on the safe side, sell to those who got vouchers and keep away from newly registered accounts.
    what do you mean charge back? sorry im a noob

Banned

what do you mean charge back? sorry im a noob
    A chargeback is something you can do through a paypal transaction which involves a sort of refund.

Paypal does not support transactions involving the exchange of "virtual items".

So in theory, a person could send money through paypal, recieve the item, and then claim to paypal that they never recieved the item and "chargeback" to get their money back. There are other ways this can be done, but in essence, it's wise to use Western union as there's no way to chargeback. You just have to really trust the person you are doing the transaction with or you risk losing your money/items.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SaNCTe View Post
    A chargeback is something you can do through a paypal transaction which involves a sort of refund.

Paypal does not support transactions involving the exchange of "virtual items".

So in theory, a person could send money through paypal, recieve the item, and then claim to paypal that they never recieved the item and "chargeback" to get their money back. There are other ways this can be done, but in essence, it's wise to use Western union as there's no way to chargeback. You just have to really trust the person you are doing the transaction with or you risk losing your money/items.
    i see. any way to prevent a charge back? i read on the forum and i could send them a piece of paper via email and thus making it a physical transaction? i don't wanna get charged back.

so charge back only occurs on paypal, can charge back occur on say bank transfers like chase? also is their a requirement for signing up for western union? i'm only 15

Little archer Senior Member

1. make account in G4L
    2. make a topic in the server section u play on
    3. receive PMs from people with 0~5 posts (preferably if they registered in Oct 2010)
    4. add them on msn and sell your stuff to them through PayPal
    5. ????
    6. Profit!

i see. any way to prevent a charge back? i read on the forum and i could send them a piece of paper via email and thus making it a physical transaction? i don't wanna get charged back.

so charge back only occurs on paypal, can charge back occur on say bank transfers like chase? also is their a requirement for signing up for western union? i'm only 15
    I'm not really sure about this but I think, Once you've received the money on your PayPal account, you could transfer the money to your Bank account before giving the item to the buyer, that way they can't do any charge backs.

Correct me if I'm wrong pls
    Last edited by Westside; 10-10-2010 at 05:26 AM.

well if u dont want get scam most safe is Money first then Item
    that is safe mode if people wanna trust u

Banned

Western union is safe100% but its a bit expensive in its fee's
    it costed me around 50$ for recieving my money in many deals with ppl here on ko4life
    but this is because i dont have PP and if i have i will do WU too its safer
    losing 11$ each deal for the fee's of WU better than losing the whole amout of money from the deal