Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cure in Border Defense Wars

This is a discussion on Cure in Border Defense Wars within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Anyone else getting angry about cure not working in bdw? It really annoys me because i can't stealth and go ...
Page: 1

Nactoble

Anyone else getting angry about cure not working in bdw?
    It really annoys me because i can't stealth and go kill weak enemies like mages and just light feet away and cure myself.. and then go for another mage or priest.
    Now if i do that i get parasited right away and i'm a free kill with my duffed low hp.
    Even if i stick with the team and go for the priest i'll get parasited right away.. Duffers are little too overpowered atm imo.
    Wutcha think?
    Well seems like i need to change my playstyle a bit.

Banned

kill the duffer first

Nactoble

kill the duffer first[/b]
    Yep.. this is what i usually do but sometimes there are two duffers and when they see me i get parasited right away..
    Even if there's just one if i get caught from my stealth he usually parasites me right away when he notices me coming at him.

just be good.. its all about teamwork in bdw

ArminVanBuuren

I actually like it...makes you test your own skills in a real battle...if you can survive fighting debuffed, then you won't have to worry about when fighting at CZ in your later lvls. About the playstyle, you should always have different variations just in case you see yourself in any kind of situations.

ir ur a rogue lvl61 with 1200hp and 500ac...when ur duffed u have 800hp and 350ac, so not so fun
    but if u have good gear and ur lvl65+ shouldnt be such a problem if the party is good

ArminVanBuuren

ir ur a rogue lvl61 with 1200hp and 500ac...when ur duffed u have 800hp and 350ac, so not so fun
    but if u have good gear and ur lvl65+ shouldnt be such a problem if the party is good[/b]
    Hey mi DCZ rogue has much better stats at lvl 59, even without master (and not a single unique), which gives like 200 more HP :lol:

Even at such low lvl you can have a nice border war if you know how to play it wisely...you don't need to have completely Godly items or being an AP whore to own, you just need to know how to play in any situation. -_-

and also remember that the other side can get duffed also, and cant cure it either, so its even. sometimes youll have a duffer and they wont, or vise versa, but it in the long run, it all evens out.

only issue i have with cures not working, is that being a bp, im forced to be complete support if the humans are putting up any kind of fight. wish i could always fight, but im more valuable healing and duffing than attacking. priests and mages play such an important role in winning bdw, they really need to be support first, and just mess up the other party and let the warriors and rogues do the killing, not try and get the kills themselves.

Hey mi DCZ rogue has much better stats at lvl 59, even without master [/b]
    master has nothink to do with ur hp or ac, i think

SilentDaemon

I cant cure in a dungeon also

ArminVanBuuren

master has nothink to do with ur hp or ac, i think[/b]
    For rogue and warrior master increases your HP and Mana a bit...when I did my master on my main rogue I had a bit more than 1600 and got to 1800 after handing the quest items to the npc. Notice that I mastered even before RoFD release, so it might have been changed. (In fact, I don't even remember if it was before KE either :lol: )

PS: Shit, 1000 posts??? I'm a freaking spammer!!! h34r:

uve done the master just after u lvled up, so probably u got mana/hp from that and not from master

and i have lots of fun in bdw with lvl65 war, that has quest items as jewlery/shells+7...when duffers duff the rogue, its 2 hit kill, so that aint fun for them, cuz they have cure wich they cant use.

kishtan

The lack of cure in BDW isnt nearly as bad as the random party setup. I think all will agree that "if" you get in a good party, you still have a very good chance of winning. However lately the parties that I've gotten into have sucked. People that go AFK, stop fighting, run off unorganized, or enter unprepared (no scrolls, limited pots,...) basically kill off any chance of winning. I'd personally like them to change the BDW event so that it forces you to register and enter as a full party. In this way your at least guaranteed to enter with people that your use to partying with, which should make the event more even and produce a better (more challenging) event.

ArminVanBuuren

uve done the master just after u lvled up, so probably u got mana/hp from that and not from master

and i have lots of fun in bdw with lvl65 war, that has quest items as jewlery/shells+7...when duffers duff the rogue, its 2 hit kill, so that aint fun for them, cuz they have cure wich they cant use.[/b]
    Actually, I mastered almost getting to lvl 61, because back in those days I had no such good items and had to farm my quest items...so I had to boss hunt for everything, and even lvling, you don't get 200 more HP even when lvling to 70.

About the debuffing, even while parasited/tormented/massived (damn debuffers ¬¬ ) I don't get 2-hit in border war :P

The_Dude

The lack of cure in BDW isnt nearly as bad as the random party setup. I think all will agree that "if" you get in a good party, you still have a very good chance of winning. However lately the parties that I've gotten into have sucked. People that go AFK, stop fighting, run off unorganized, or enter unprepared (no scrolls, limited pots,...) basically kill off any chance of winning. I'd personally like them to change the BDW event so that it forces you to register and enter as a full party. In this way your at least guaranteed to enter with people that your use to partying with, which should make the event more even and produce a better (more challenging) event.[/b]

I've been in a couple of crap parties. I personally think the random party setup is the way to go. If you were allowed to pick and choose your party you can make a full party of baba-shoppers and then never lose. It's more fun to have it random.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast