Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

A question regarding boss-hunting morality

This is a discussion on A question regarding boss-hunting morality within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Lets say you are lvl 70 warrior or rogue with a really good gear. And while you are seeking boss ...
Page: 1

HeyJude

Default A question regarding boss-hunting morality

Lets say you are lvl 70 warrior or rogue with a really good gear. And while you are seeking boss with your debuffer/healer, you suddenly notice Talos. But a lvl 63 warrior is already there and he starts hunting it. However he has just started and you are sure that if you attack, you can easily get the box, since you are stronger than the other warrior.

Would you attack the Talos at this situtation? Or is it immoral to do so cause the other warrior has already started hunting it b4 u?

morax

Damn right id attack it

Battle of the fittest - i wouldnt lure on his healers or anything dumb but if i thought that me and my warrior could get the box id get him to attack it. If you have done more levelling - your stronger and talos drops iron belts... end of story

As long as you dont try luring and getting the other person killed i dont see a problem.

i'm waiting till tanker die then i attack. He had chance...

:AciDDreamZ:

i see the LACK OF RESPECT has not changed any............

HeyJude

I was accepted to one of the finest clans in Cypher. They are all very rich, they are hunting bosses 7/24. However i left the clan cause they attacked Talos although another party started attacking it a bit earlier. I argued with the clan leader and he said this isnt immoral which i firmly believe it is.

evenson

Ya. Deans got it right, If im stronger then the person doing it, Its my boss. I took the time to look just as he did.

I wouldn't...when moral dies from game then u start accepting other shit too. I would consider this to bending moral, I also remember when people would have voted otherwise...

Naturally if there is clan who has lured/ksed etc on us, yep bye bye boss from them. Sometimes when 2 clans hit same time is hard to say who attacked first...so accidents happen but clearly when someone hits first it's their...

morax

Who makes morals waggy? As long as its not cheating i cant see a problem. KSing levelling spots is dumb, luring and tradespamming is dumb. But hitting someones boss when you know you can take it.... i wouldnt say thats immoral

Originally posted by morax
    Who makes morals waggy? As long as its not cheating i cant see a problem. KSing levelling spots is dumb, luring and tradespamming is dumb. But hitting someones boss when you know you can take it.... i wouldnt say thats immoral
    Was that a hypothetical question? :P Some say moral is made by society, but I think each one of us make our own morals based on morals your surrounding society has, based on this sometimes I think Dean lives in Turkish netcafe... :lol:

If claim as long it's not cheating i cannot see it's problem...that's what people in big corporations use, when they do corporation takeovers, then cut small corporation to pieces and resell it ( result many people lost jobs ) It's not illegal, some people think it's ok some don't. You really cannot fight about moral issues, is someone's moral better than others if it's more "tight"? Sometimes it is sometimes it isn't...

We could discuss about this like hours, but for that I would choose a cottage near northern isleys, lotsa ´Bowmore 12 years old single malted...nice fireplace and big strong table to carry 12 bottles of Bowmore and few big men, not a internet forum :lol:

morax

ý play from ýstanbul.

Anyway i think the point im making - if i know the person killing i would sit and wait. But if its someone random i dont know and would do no doubt try and KS us then the phrase "Do onto others before they do onto you" comes into account ....

In an Ideal world EVERYONE would abide by a moral code.... in the real world, most people dont so having morals only gives you a disadvantage

Agree with me waggy you know its true.

in this society of KO world :P

all the glory and respect belong to the strong :

i don't lure i don't ks xp.. expecting other do the same to me. but yeah!!!! fuck it

Originally posted by morax

Agree with me waggy you know its true.
    Now u can wonder in your mind why Finnish national police was elected most unbribable organization on EU in 2005 :lol:

High moral is disvantage? Hmmm first it depends what's high moral and second what is situation. U cannot say high moral is disvantage really because sometimes it pays back a lot and I cannot say low moral get's u in trouble, because I know it doesn't do that always.

I still agree myself tough, this would need good whiskey and other place then internet forum to discuss with

what if the "warrýon" types: dont ks morax

u still go and ks him? h43r:

morax

if he types in english i can understand i would probably just tell my warrior not to KS

Thats called communication

I have to agree with Dean on this one. If you don't know the guy, attempt to kill the boss and get the drop before him. Respect is not a big issue here, especially when it comes to random people. This is getting deeper than it should; there are levels and experience in the game for a reason, the bosses have a certain amount of hp for a reason as displayed in their HP bar. Just because somebody attacks it first does not mean he "tagged" the boss by any means. If the person can 1 hit Talos THEN I could safely agree to the fact that it's his boss and he tagged it. If you have trouble with Ks and Ks issues, go play WoW where people actually tag mobs and anybody else who attacks the mob loses all incentive to do so.

I can see it from Wagyar's perspective as well. Morality plays a high part as well but I wouldn't say morality is compromised by using your hard earned strength to overpower someone on a boss. You don't just suddenly "deserve" bosses because you hit r on them once, you must fight through--and even overpower a ks'er to prove your worth. If the box is yours, you win! If you don't, no hard feelings, work at it. Clearly this does not apply to people you know and already respect. In that instance I would walk by and say good luck.

If you lose a boss to a random person who is stronger than you, go level up and improve your gear or your combo. Granted, some will argue that how can they improve if people are always stealing your bosses Life is hard; that's what makes the game challenge worthy of accepting. The problem with KO bosses it that people take it WAY TOO PERSONALLY and get insulted. I want the Iron belt JUST as much as you do, and I don't see your name imprinted on Talos' ass. There is obviously a fine line, luring, trade spamming, etc. That shit is a clear attack on a person where you simply want them to fail versus competing by fighting the boss in a fair way.

Bosses don't spawn very often, the game is competitive and people must get used to it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast