Like Tree10Likes
  • 9 Post By Goathorns
  • 1 Post By battle_mrs

Farewell KO - Goathorns/Vordb - Diez

This is a discussion on Farewell KO - Goathorns/Vordb - Diez within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I just tried to login on the client but it said to log on the site, and it says apparently ...
Page: 1

Default Farewell KO - Goathorns/Vordb - Diez

I just tried to login on the client but it said to log on the site, and it says apparently i've been banned.
    Anyone else banned recently? I think they updated the ToS and went to town on english speakers...

Anyways, onto my letter.

I started playing a little bit after Diez came out, so I haven't even kept track how long ago that was... I was in high school, where has the time gone. I love this game, I love archers in this game, and anyone that knows me knows i've been a hardcore archer since the start. I've been hacked I think a total of 5 times, and almost every time I returned, except for the last one which really took me out, but even then I still logged in to check it out. Of all the people that I have known in this game, I think only 3 or 4 still "play" or at least check the game every few months. Everyone has grown or gone their way, except for me: I lingered, and I still came to this site, though hardly a shell of what it used to be... I remember when the site came out during the original the Knight Online Ranking lists controversy and the babashopper days. I remember a lot of the silly things, like the carecup, LEEDS, and the endless flaming/dicking around by the mods and their cliques (how I used to hate how priestDro and co. used to ruin threads)... shit, I still type ko4life in the url when I want to come here...

Being hacked is one thing, but being banned is another, and after all this time I consider it an insult. I didn't understand at first, then I felt a little bit angry, but I have concluded that perhaps my time holding on to the game itself has finally come to an end.

I wanted to thank everyone who was part of this experience, and by that I mean the entire community, because we were all a part of this in a way or another. I especially wanted to thank my friends from then and my friends now; I think of you fondly and you are/were really the best part of this game.

Special shoutouts to:

warriorwithinjr/battle_mrs - the first mmo friend I ever had? I met this dude my very first time in eslant, he was killing lamias with archer, thus starting my game long fascination with archers... we spent months trying to farm kukrys at lvl 40, just being dirt poor with no gear at all lol... Love ya brother, wherever you are

seraph and amity - I want to thank everyone, these where truly some of the best days of my life with all of you, tth05, tripleOG, panda, vacy, wako, helseth, carlos, duvan, luis peru and Luis R.D., Raluka, Jessica, Moh ...
    ANZACs - KatSweety and BigWoody, thank you for keeping this insomniac company even though you were in NZ and I was GMT -4.

Any friends I have forgotten and all the archers that made this game fun and kept it real

I'll post some kscs from back in the day if I can find it for the nostalgia folks.

Take care all, sincerely
    Sam

id love to see the screenshots

Sometimes it's best to let go man! Enjoy your life there is more to it than a virtual game. Anyways would be nice to still see some screenshots if you have them.

Man miss you bro it’s been so long, I can’t believe you still play. It’s sad you got banned for no reason just when me and some friends wanted to come back.
    ilovemyko1 likes this.

oh ANZACs, I remember I was there with my lvl 50 warrior in like 2005... All the names you mentioned raise such good memories inside me.