Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Writing a Letter To NoahSystems/MGames -- Need YOUR Help!!

This is a discussion on Writing a Letter To NoahSystems/MGames -- Need YOUR Help!! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; As mentioned in the topic, I am writing an e-mail to Noah Systems and MGames. Also mentioned, I need YOUR ...
Page: 1

Default Writing a Letter To NoahSystems/MGames -- Need YOUR Help!!

As mentioned in the topic, I am writing an e-mail to Noah Systems and MGames.
    Also mentioned, I need YOUR help!

Firstly, why email them?
    To convince them somehow of making a TRKO.

and I need help on what to say.

I know many ppl want it, and if you dont want it, then dont even post.

Secondly, why ME?
    I am emailing them on your behalf, because I can wrte a bit of Korean -- the language NoahSystem/MGames speak.

Please do NOT spam this topic, since I need to read ALL of it.

IF you post something already mentioned, be prepared to receive a flood of PMs

Thanks in advace for your co-operation.

If you wish to say that I am racist, pm me and I will respond.. just dont spam this topic.

8th

i wish you all the luck in your conquest dude, i also tried a very similar thing but never got a response, i think they may have just trashed it as soon as they got it.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Default Re: Writing a Letter To NoahSystems/MGames -- Need YOUR Help

Originally posted by Aory

IF you post something already mentioned, be prepared to receive a flood of PMs
    is that a threat? :unsure:

anyway its a stupid idea...as much as most turks are a pain in the ass without them the game would have only about 5-10 clans on each server :rollseyes:

Narya

Hi Aory,

I doubt NoahSystem and mGame (the Korean developers and producers of KO) are interested in hosting servers themselves in Turkey. Currently, they only operate servers in the one market they are most familiar with, namely Korea.

If a Turkish company were interested in licensing the game and hosting it in Turkey, and could provide the necessary expertise for localization and customization it would require, they might be more interested in that arrangement. I agree that such a Turkish company would have a ready-made market for launching the game locally.

However, regarding the letter you plan to write, I'm not sure that pressuring the Korean companies to find a buyer in Turkey is the best way to go about this. In fact, licensing contracts between mGame and K2 may specifically prohibit mGame from licensing the software to another company with a market in which K2 already has a significant stake, without K2's explicit agreement.

Perhaps your intent is to help Turkish players get a more supportive and localized gaming experience. If this is the case, write up a business plan, get some venture capital, and partner with a Turkish company to do hosting, localization, marketing, and support there.

But, if your only goal in writing this letter is to get Turkish players off of K2's licensed servers, perhaps you should instead petition K2 to block access to the service to customers living in Turkey. It is the simplest solution to implement, and would also be the quickest and most effective.

I for one think it would be a terrible solution. Having many international players makes this game more fun for me, regardless of where they're from. I like learning about other cultures, even if it's in the limited context of a computer game. However, that game is one thing we have in common, and is a starting point for making new friendships. These things take patience and have to happen one player at a time. But in the end, I think it's still worth it for me.

Much :wub: to all our international players!

Narya

8th

i would actually be really interested to find out licensing costs and alike because i have been talking to a few companies in my country and they seem keen to atleast have a look at the possibility of hosting it

QuIcK

Originally posted by Narya
    Hi Aory,

I doubt NoahSystem and mGame (the Korean developers and producers of KO) are interested in hosting servers themselves in Turkey. Currently, they only operate servers in the one market they are most familiar with, namely Korea.

If a Turkish company were interested in licensing the game and hosting it in Turkey, and could provide the necessary expertise for localization and customization it would require, they might be more interested in that arrangement. I agree that such a Turkish company would have a ready-made market for launching the game locally.

However, regarding the letter you plan to write, I'm not sure that pressuring the Korean companies to find a buyer in Turkey is the best way to go about this. In fact, licensing contracts between mGame and K2 may specifically prohibit mGame from licensing the software to another company with a market in which K2 already has a significant stake, without K2's explicit agreement.

Perhaps your intent is to help Turkish players get a more supportive and localized gaming experience. If this is the case, write up a business plan, get some venture capital, and partner with a Turkish company to do hosting, localization, marketing, and support there.

But, if your only goal in writing this letter is to get Turkish players off of K2's licensed servers, perhaps you should instead petition K2 to block access to the service to customers living in Turkey. It is the simplest solution to implement, and would also be the quickest and most effective.

I for one think it would be a terrible solution. Having many international players makes this game more fun for me, regardless of where they're from. I like learning about other cultures, even if it's in the limited context of a computer game. However, that game is one thing we have in common, and is a starting point for making new friendships. These things take patience and have to happen one player at a time. But in the end, I think it's still worth it for me.

Narya
    seeing how a few weeks ago they visited Turkey to get more players from there i dont think this would be happening...

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Originally posted by QuIcK+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(QuIcK)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Narya
    Hi Aory,

Narya
    seeing how a few weeks ago they visited Turkey to get more players from there i dont think this would be happening...[/b]
    that was for their new game...not ko

Banned Senior Member

They were also showing Warrock, but also they discussed Knight Online, one of the old Turkish GM's did all the organization of the event

QuIcK

Ya they talked about KO... just cause that wasnt there main reason for going doesnt mean it wasnt discussed...

Narya

I agree. It doesn't seem that K2 is in the least bit interested in giving up the Turkish market. They probably produce significant revenue and consume few human (i.e., customer support) resources, due to the intimidating language barrier.

I would also guess that K2 was smart and included non-compete language in their contract to prohibit mGame from licensing KO to a competitor in an established market. If they didn't forsee the "Turkey factor" in the equation at the time the contract was signed, they might have foolishly limited their allowed marketing area to North America.

As with MU online, I could forsee K2 one day entering into an exclusive licensing agreement with mGame making K2 the sole global vendor of KO. This would be possible with a multilingual client, multilingual staff, and very patient customers. Of course, this could never happen until existing licensing agreements either expire or are bought out from the other international vendors of KO in Japan, China, Malaysia, Taiwan, Indonesia, etc.

I often wonder what is going through the minds of K2 executives in terms of their future plans for KO. It enjoys incredible popularity worldwide and must continue to make them some money, or they would have given up on it long ago.

OsirisG

I can tell you this , i doubt K2 would ever be able to own the rights for KO in Japan or Korea , they would die instantlly with our kind of CS/Reaction to ToS violations , and might even get in trouble .

De_Piere

Default :o

i'd be probly be easier to mail k2 and ask thme to host 2 servers the usko and host TRKO since they got all the turkish market and most of the problems are between turks and te rest of player to separe them would be better for all :/

Turkish people should have their own server because there are an extremely large number of Turk players in Knight Online, and in doing so, Turkish people will get more customer support, better connection, and lots of hackings, cheaters, dupers, database hackers, and so on. Why shouldn't they have the same experience we do with K2? Why, its been awesome playing this game with K2 as host, and they should have a similar experience, without the language barrier
    Perhaps its not me thats racist, but you people :P

8th

if one wanted to find out the costing of leasing the game, how would one go about it?

contact MGame directly?

Narya

Mgame has representatives in the USA in (coincidentally?) Irvine, CA, the home of K2 Network. If you will be communicating with them in English, you may wish to contact David Shin at [email protected] or perhaps Daniel Kim at +1 (949)553-0558. I'm not completely sure that either of these people are knowlegable about KnightOnline, but if they aren't, they may be able to put you in touch with someone who is.

It's my understanding that K2 works with Mgame for licensing, so this may be your best bet initially. It's also possible that Mgame is an intermediary who works with localization and you'd need to contact someone at NoahSystem directly for licensing opportunities. Since I'm not an "insider" like some of the moderators and former GMs on this forum, they may have a better idea of who to contact. They might not be comfortable giving this information publicly on the forum, so your best bet might be to send them a private message.

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast