Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

G1 Password Update

This is a discussion on G1 Password Update within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Knight Online World – Free to Play Online Fantasy MMORPG & Massive PVP Multiplayer Game – Gamers First G1 Password ...
Page: 1

Default G1 Password Update

Knight Online World – Free to Play Online Fantasy MMORPG & Massive PVP Multiplayer Game – Gamers First
    G1 Password Update Posted By Aleenia | 04/20/2011 Greetings Knights,
    At GamersFirst our main objective is to provide a safe, fun environment for all of our players. In order to fulfill this goal and remain faithful to our objective, we are making an important change to our security policy in order to provide a more secure framework for all of our loyal players.
    As of today, it will become mandatory to update your password every 120 days. Please take this opportunity to update yours now to avoid any interruptions in gameplay.
    Your account represents the sum of the time, passion, and energy you’ve invested into your game, and by changing your password at least every 120 days you greatly increase your defense against compromise and theft. We understand that while this may seem complicated or unnecessary at first—especially to those who have never felt the heartbreak of a compromised account—it is nevertheless a necessary step that we must enforce in order to increase the overall security of all GamersFirst accounts.
    Keep in mind that it is true that the groups most at risk of account compromises are those who share accounts, use third party tools, or download files which may contain malware, cyber criminals use sophisticated tools that can rapidly decipher the passwords of even the most austere internet user.
    To combat this, we suggest that when updating your password that you follow the below tips:

Avoid creating passwords with the following criteria:

• Dictionary words in any language.
    • Words spelled backwards, common misspellings or abbreviations.
    • Sequences or repeated characters. Some examples: 12345678, 222222, abcdefg, or adjacent letters on your keyboard .
    • Personal information. Your name, birthday, driver's license, passport number, or similar information.

For a more secure password, please try to include the following:

• The greater the variety of characters in your password, the better.
    • Use the entire keyboard, not just the letters and characters you use or see most often.
    • Make passwords with 12 characters.

Important:
    The moment this policy goes into effect all passwords which have not been changed within 120 days must be changed before you can login to Gamersfirst.
    With that in mind, please update your password right now to avoid any interruption. To change it, first make sure to login to GamersFirst.com, then navigate to your G1 profile and select the “Edit” option beside your password on the left.
    Update: Additionally, if you are having difficulty updating your password through the automated system, please submit a ticket from a new account and reference the account you are experiencing issues with. Upon manually verifying your information successfully, we will update your password.
    Note: If you have lost your password or Gamer ID, you can always retrieve it by selecting Log In (at the top right) and choosing “Forgot your Gamer ID or Password?”

And what that tyou forgot change the password after the 120days ???

all passwords which have not been changed within 120 days must be changed before you can login to Gamersfirst.

One' again, they don't want say database have been hacked but they ask to all players to change their password !

Banned Senior Member

Lol, I do a PW change every 60 days anyway.

Dont trust G1/K2 with your information, they'd sell you out for a klondike bar.

Android Man Senior Member E Mon's Avatar

their ask for changing passwords is the proof that their db has been hacked

Banned Senior Member

it's proof that they dont spend a dime of their million-dollar profits on security enhancements and are basically saying "you're on your own".

N0rseman

60 days is much better !!
    And they need let us use special characters...

ShortCut

better to change it every month or 60 day just to make sure

Too bad they are doing this after my items were stolen

Default data base

yes I to believe it is proof there data base was hacked and k2 are denying it because they want nothing to do with returning items..also 5 days out no responce to tickets ,,j/o's

also I have 3 accounts on my gamers first and you used to be able to have different passwords for each account now they all use gamersfirst pass ....is that right I mean am i missing somethiong to let me password each individuallly? cause i got to say the dont seem real secure to me

Mex

Lol has anyone tried changing there password yet?
    You don't even need your sq.'s LOL!

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    Lol has anyone tried changing there password yet?
    You don't even need your sq.'s LOL!
    Yo Mex that shit aint funny. Roy just got hacked over night and lost everything

Mex

Oh shit! Did he change his password recently ?

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

Im not sure but guys i recommand YOU DO NOT change the pass. I think the G1 itself is hacked and then minute your change ur pass you are fucked. But dont listen to me if u dont want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast