Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Gamers4Life community - discussion

This is a discussion on Gamers4Life community - discussion within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I'm creating this topic today for addressing the situation here on gamers4life. As you all probably know by now, admins ...
Page: 1

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Exclamation Gamers4Life community - discussion

I'm creating this topic today for addressing the situation here on gamers4life.

As you all probably know by now, admins are nowhere to be seen according to razor & Kallop hence the delay on general fixes such as:
    • Adding Manes section under market place
    • Adding Akara section under market place
    • Email Verification issues (Users unable to reset passwords, change email, use the forget password feature and most importantly- register)

With that being said, I would like to consult with the community and of course the staff that's still left in this forum.
    What do you have in mind? No hard feelings nor hidden motives, plain and simple, there are no active admins here.

Current site admins are:

• camaz0tz - nobody know where he is, right?
    • Devile - according to mods, busy at RL and unreachable.
    • mbzjr -
    • mee - logs in every now and then but I personally never seen him doing anything.

Show Groups - Gamers4Life

Devile did make a few promises he didn't keep (Migration to Xenforo - it's been almost 2years now), but at the end of the day, I would be surprised if someone did put a virtual community before his real life.
    Yet, these changes had to be made or something similar and truly, I tip my hat off to our community for being so loyal to a forum which does not have active admins for over a year now

All cards on the table, this forum will die and I mean literally, not as in left with a few users.. this community, at this stage, when users can't restore their previous accounts nor register new ones will die for sure, at some point.
    back in the days, I used to visit these forums for reading interesting topics (not flame wars, topics which actually helped to the community) but at this stage, all I can really see here is casual flame wars, every now and then.. perhaps one or two topics which are relevant for knight online and by the looks of it, most of the users here just use it for market place purposes, clearly, if market place wasn't available in here.. this forums would've been dead long time ago.

I had a few users contacting me and showing concern about the email verification thing and generally speaking also about admins not being active (old players), also asked how come nobody came up with a new forum by now.
    I didn't want to rush anything if the community is apparently, happy with what's happening here.

Your thoughts will be appreciated.
    Once again, this topic isn't meant to create a flame war nor some sort of childish fight, seriously meant for making things better.

Users & mods- drop the hatred, it will be appreciated if you could keep this topic clean of flame wars and unnecessary arguments.

Thanks!
    ScreameR likes this.

someone should start another forum and you'll see admins online, just like last time.

Little archer Senior Member

Nah FUCK YOU adi.

Just kidding. Maybe some more reachable user could be promoted to root admin, I personally don't want to, though.

I have no qualms with starting a new forum, but only if Devile actually has no interest in preserving this one, whenever contacted. Who would run it though? that is the problem. I have little motivation in joining a forum ruled by autists (not mentioning any names), and I'm sure many other rational human beings would share this sentiment (on top of just lack of awareness of its existence), effectively dividing what little is left of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Nah FUCK YOU adi.

Just kidding. Maybe some more reachable user could be promoted to root admin, I personally don't want to, though.

I have no qualms with starting a new forum, but only if Devile actually has no interest in preserving this one, whenever contacted. Who would run it though? that is the problem. I have little motivation in joining a forum ruled by autists (not mentioning any names), and I'm sure many other rational human beings would share this sentiment (on top of just lack of awareness of its existence), effectively dividing what little is left of the community.
    I'm sorry but in my mind, ko4life is done, as much as i hate to say, i've been a viewer and a member of this forum since i was 17 ish maybe a little older, now 28, Devile has had his chance, made promises that once again weren't kept, as much respect i have for Devile the forum needs new life or we as players need a new home, KO isnt a dead game, we can see from new servers to market sections are still being used (im sure they'd be used more often if they were kept up to date.) in my mind i honestly couldn't careless who is an admin of the new forum, i don't come here to pick fights and argue through pure bordem because im not 12 anymore, i'd just like to see an active KO forum where i can sell stuff and talk with mature people about a game i play and love like many.

--

Also just as an FYI a new forum was tried and failed but only because it was done in a disrespectful way where an admin closed the forum and delete majority of the content (cant remember who it was), but everyone still came back here.
    BaanNekTharious likes this.

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

The issue I would have and the issue that you also mentioned is that there is literally no discussion here besides like 12 idiots going at each other in every topic or shit talking the servers that they do not play.

What I'd like to see - Flamers actually getting punished, would still need to have a marketplace section as you said that's the main reason most people come here,

My biggest concerns are - The last couple of times people tried to make forums ( last one i remember is THING with UNKO the first time) was that there was absolutely no moderation people just did whatever the fuck they wanted 24/7. A lot of people will never use this forum because they see the types of topics it has. If a new forum allowed the same shit to go on it would stay just as dead as this one.

EDIT: second concern is all the people who have been banned here being able to make accounts on the new forum.

these are my personal opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    The issue I would have and the issue that you also mentioned is that there is literally no discussion here besides like 12 idiots going at each other in every topic or shit talking the servers that they do not play.

What I'd like to see - Flamers actually getting punished, would still need to have a marketplace section as you said that's the main reason most people come here,

My biggest concerns are - The last couple of times people tried to make forums ( last one i remember is THING with UNKO the first time) was that there was absolutely no moderation people just did whatever the fuck they wanted 24/7. A lot of people will never use this forum because they see the types of topics it has. If a new forum allowed the same shit to go on it would stay just as dead as this one.

EDIT: second concern is all the people who have been banned here being able to make accounts on the new forum.

issues with banned people would be to just get people to message admins from here to the admin acc to verify.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

I disagree. If you start banning "flamers" you'd have to define what type of flaming, as I am sure you can look back through every single persons post history and find one "negative" or attacking post towards someone. To be completely honest, the english community is already so small and always dwindling I can't imagine banning anyone is a good idea (the only exception to that are people who scam and actually cause harm to others, flaming isn't causing any harm). While I agree that other forums are more successful because of active moderation resulting in very little to no flaming, you have to realize that most of the time those moderators are moderating a game that has a good amount of users that all speak the same language fluently, not to mention they usually moderate a game that isn't dead (at least in our community) and is the only available source of information for that game. This forum is unfortunately dead, and while it has some 100 users remaining and probably less than 30 or 40 daily checking, KO isn't an alive enough game to actually have maintain some sort of "policing". Even if you ban all the flamers, you still have a divided community, as people that play USKO vs privates will always be a war.

As far as discussion; what discussion do you want to happen about KO? It's an incredibly buggy, broken, and confused game that's been around for over a decade, with very little changes to any balance of the game or anything related. There isn't much to discuss. Best in slots have been determined a long time ago, you just need to find the person that can tell you them and isn't lazy. The only time there's any discussion is when there's some event running from either STKO or USKO, but apart from that, there isn't anything to discuss in this game. Like Adi said in his main post, people create drama to entertain themselves on this forum and sell stuff, that's about it.

As far as doing anything with admin, I don't know if Devile can find a trustable and reputable person who wants to take that responsibility, but I agree it would be quite nice to have someone who can check even once a week and attempt to fix things or communicate with us on the status of certain things, but they'd have to have experience with vBulletin.
    Bathory likes this.

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

dying game, dying forum, why can't we just let things die
    WnxMiqdad likes this.

just gtfo adi nobody wants you here

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by the ring View Post
    someone should start another forum and you'll see admins online, just like last time.
    Well, you have to keep in mind that last 2 times someone tried to create such a forum it was done during:
    - a DDOS attack
    - Previous staff members forcing everybody to leave this forum.

I don't think it would be the same case if users here left on their own just because they're disappointed by the fact admins are inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Nah FUCK YOU adi.

Yeah but clearly this won't happen due to the fact Devile doesn't trust anybody after what happened last time, can't judge him for this but also I think he should've at least considered putting someone he trusts in charge of things.

I agree about the flammers part but you see, on the other hand, you can't ban every user who attempts to start a flame war.
    I think just prevent nasty flaming from happening would do the trick (RL matters, families etc.)

As for the second concern, i guess there are ways to bypass it one way or another.. in such a case.. users which are known to be blocked here can be blocked there too right ?
    if they pretend to be someone else from here then simply verify it by pm from gamers4life i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    just gtfo adi nobody wants you here
    I guess you speak only for yourself...

Like every member of this community he has the right to expose his oppinion unless it is not offensive and you have the right not to read it.

Why do you even care Adi? It gonna be like last time anyway - Devile gonna rise from nowhere and everyone will be happy after few empty promises.
    ImmortalOne and UltimatePvP like this.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by regiss View Post
    Why do you even care Adi? It gonna be like last time anyway - Devile gonna rise from nowhere and everyone will be happy after few empty promises.
    I guess the countless PMs I got from old players returning and unable to access g4l got me thinking.. but yeah, who knows perhaps he'll pop out of nowhere again and make a few promises.
    we might even be surprised lol.
    Last edited by Adi; 02-14-2017 at 07:41 PM.

And those people are??? I'm sure you can count them on your fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    I guess the countless PMs I got from old players returning and unable to access g4l got me thinking.. but yeah, who knows perhaps he'll pop out of nowhere again and make a few promises.
    we might even be surprised lol.

Little archer Senior Member

Countless pm's dam. I wanna see a screenshot lol. When people have a problem, they often contact a mod, not just a normal user.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast