Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree16Likes

Gamers4Life community - discussion

This is a discussion on Gamers4Life community - discussion within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; You're going a bit off topic guys, I've been talking about the community and how do we proceed from the ...
Page: 4

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

You're going a bit off topic guys,
    I've been talking about the community and how do we proceed from the current situation considering users who can't remember their password can't login nor new / old users can register new accounts.

As for the game itself, clearly, there's a room for improvement.
    It's hard to see the whole picture if you're not from the inside, things can't just be changed within a day or in some cases even a week, the latest PUS discount in SteamKO (lasted a month) for example, didn't just happen during one maintenance.
    It's been a while since it was requested and pushed until it was completely sorted and implemented, I can't get into all the details but one thing I can assure you about, NTTGame is doing a lot to preserve this game and make sure it won't die.

@"no new players"- that's not entirely true, well, I can't say there are thousands of new players but surely there are some.
    I've been getting PMs and seeing topics on official forums from new players asking basic questions about the game and frankly, you'd be surprised but some players contacted regarding a good place to post items for trading, saying they tried g4l but never received an email verification.

Hellsgarem was/is the chance of the English community to evolve and even leaving Hellsgarem aside.
    I'm currently leading a clan in Gordion (USKO) - 99% turks, maybe 4 members out of the whole clan uses g4l and my clan doesn't have a single non-english speaking player so please, spare me and you the argument regarding English players.
    There are enough English players to keep a community alive and even grow but here it's not going to happen unless Devile pop out of nowhere and start making changes, note, I say making not promising changes that will never happen.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Options View Post
    people who know what they doing in KO love this game and just learn to live with it
    Behold the most casual way of saying "everyone in this thread complaining about KO sucks and doesn't know how to play". Sick MLG KO skills my man.

One of the funniest posts I've ever read in this site. Even more because this dude is known to babashop the shit out of servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Yet you're still here moderating a forum that involves said "dead game", the game isn't dead its just not as good as other games which have been released, its run by morons correct but people still love to play it and thats all that matters, getting bored of people speaking of a "dead game" and how the company that run it are shit, yet they still spend most of there time still playing it and being here on the forum, i can pretty much guarantee there would be an influx of people newer and older who'd love to register here and comment and reply and sell stuff but can't.

this forum wasn't actually built on "trash talking" if you check over the older posts which u can it was build on a community love for the same game, people used to help each other out, sure, times have changed, but just because you don't like the game anymore doesn't mean we don't and we the people who still play the game would like a place where all the english speaking people and other speaking people can come and talk about a game we still love to play without people constantly moaning how dead it is...
    Go to tumblr if you want a safe space where people deliberately avoid saying bad things, no matter how true they are.

Manes will be great server for a couple months more, then we back to square one.

Right now this entire discussion is a little pointless. I don't wanna make it look like I'm here just for taking shots at people, it's just... there really is nothing to discuss unless something really changes, and that change is not on our reach for now.

It all started because there's no manes section and the forums need updating. If only you lot realized how obsolete the whole forum concept is itself. Nobody uses forums anymore. We'd have more luck creating a knight online reddit / wiki or news site.

Zwn

On topic:
    Ko is a dying game, stop kidding urself. Theres probably not a single english speaker that started this game in the last 5 years that stayed over 3 months. Only its popularity in Turkey is keeping it alive, and the last chance to revive it (going on steam) was squandered.
    Now G4l is an english speaking forum for that game. That makes it a dying forum as well . Now admins could try turn it into a multi games forum, but gl with that. The only things that keep it alive are market-related, since this started as a babashopper forum, and the playing community has long ago turned the game into a wallet contest (not solely oc). Anyone that still plays knows this game well enough to not need come ask how XYZ works, which is why theres barely any new posts. The fact that the community is spread over many servers also means most pple wont care about rivalries/drama elswhere, so the only flamewars actually come from feuds going to pre 2010 (and most posts are predictable and barely entertaining).
    Sure, an admin should be there to create the new servers market sections, and fix new members join-in but really if they dont wanna bother and finally let this die, its fine with me (and no this community isnt worth saving to me)

more personnally, for adi. Why do u care? real $ trading, account sales and even interserver trade are against ur tos, if u dont remember; and g4l vs official forum was always supposed to be antagonistic for that reason. Now Ntt (and before that k2) always had a weird double standard on it (and hacking as well), but i still think its weird u come here and actually act like u have g4l interests at heart, and u hint u want improve this place. Wanna improve ko? then get me monuments on island map (hey its only been a year, im sure pple are working on it), make it possible for the losing side in bdw to get their exp/exp scroll (thats way more than a year on that one), dont tolerate a single bugged quest, and try to actually balance the game (i hate ibex/crisis pots), instead of opening new servers and fighting with razor

Quote Originally Posted by Zwn View Post
    On topic:
    Ko is a dying game, stop kidding urself. Theres probably not a single english speaker that started this game in the last 5 years that stayed over 3 months. Only its popularity in Turkey is keeping it alive, and the last chance to revive it (going on steam) was squandered.
    Now G4l is an english speaking forum for that game. That makes it a dying forum as well . Now admins could try turn it into a multi games forum, but gl with that. The only things that keep it alive are market-related, since this started as a babashopper forum, and the playing community has long ago turned the game into a wallet contest (not solely oc). Anyone that still plays knows this game well enough to not need come ask how XYZ works, which is why theres barely any new posts. The fact that the community is spread over many servers also means most pple wont care about rivalries/drama elswhere, so the only flamewars actually come from feuds going to pre 2010 (and most posts are predictable and barely entertaining).
    Sure, an admin should be there to create the new servers market sections, and fix new members join-in but really if they dont wanna bother and finally let this die, its fine with me (and no this community isnt worth saving to me)

more personnally, for adi. Why do u care? real $ trading, account sales and even interserver trade are against ur tos, if u dont remember; and g4l vs official forum was always supposed to be antagonistic for that reason. Now Ntt (and before that k2) always had a weird double standard on it (and hacking as well), but i still think its weird u come here and actually act like u have g4l interests at heart, and u hint u want improve this place. Wanna improve ko? then get me monuments on island map (hey its only been a year, im sure pple are working on it), make it possible for the losing side in bdw to get their exp/exp scroll (thats way more than a year on that one), dont tolerate a single bugged quest, and try to actually balance the game (i hate ibex/crisis pots), instead of opening new servers and fighting with razor
    I still can't believe how he wants to 'save' the few hundreds when he couldn't keep the thousands. Too little too late maybe? Anyone who let 20k people just leave for good should be fired tbh.

Also can't believe that boat map is still not working. I reported that in March 2016 LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Go to tumblr if you want a safe space where people deliberately avoid saying bad things, no matter how true they are.

Manes will be great server for a couple months more, then we back to square one.

Right now this entire discussion is a little pointless. I don't wanna make it look like I'm here just for taking shots at people, it's just... there really is nothing to discuss unless something really changes, and that change is not on our reach for now.

It all started because there's no manes section and the forums need updating. If only you lot realized how obsolete the whole forum concept is itself. Nobody uses forums anymore. We'd have more luck creating a knight online reddit / wiki or news site.
    I don't get it, why stand up to be moderator if you don't want to have any positive input to the forum? actually this has been like this for ages, first it took ages to get a hellsgarem section and even before that there have been issues with getting stuff done, i can probably garuntee it will take a month+ to get the rosetta sections all merged together.

just as an FYI reddit is actually a type of forum and i'd like to know where you get your statistics from that say forums are obsolete, just a good example of your claim, that you can't justify elitepvpers

we get it, you don't play KO anymore, your not interested in the forum even tho you mod it, the games dying, yet people still come here and post (I know i'll go to that dead forum for that dead game and spent time posting because thats logical?).

what ever people say we need a new place.

Ok people, have fun with your positive input. Call me when any of it matters.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Well, this can be locked, I got my answers.

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

first it took ages to get a hellsgarem section and even before that there have been issues with getting stuff done, i can probably garuntee it will take a month+ to get the rosetta sections all merged together.

This isnt actually true. Hellsgarem market section was added to ko4life even before server actually released. I remember it because I asked Camatoz to add it. Though it was only by random chance I met him online.

You are right though, that I havent been active in past half year or so almost at all. Its due to fact that I have family now too, and kinda lot of work. So I apologize for my recent inactivity.

That wasnt obviously the case before when I was active daily. Mainly for trading, but for monitoring forum also. And yeah I had alot hopes of what could be done to improve forum, alot of suggestions. There was suggestion thread as well. We had many good ones put in it, but problem is moderator alone can do very little with his limited powers. So I was directing some of suggestions to admin through pms. I wanted to do even some things on my own, but I was never allowed.

@Adi: And one thing for Adi. Just go for it. Why asking for peoples opinions even. If you want to make new forum do it. If it will be better than this one then probably everyone will go there, and everyone will be happy. But be aware of how much work, energy, time etc you will need to put into it, and for years from now on.

Yet you're still here moderating a forum that involves said "dead game", the game isn't dead its just not as good as other games which have been released, its run by morons correct but people still love to play it and thats all that matters, getting bored of people speaking of a "dead game" and how the company that run it are shit, yet they still spend most of there time still playing it and being here on the forum, i can pretty much guarantee there would be an influx of people newer and older who'd love to register here and comment and reply and sell stuff but can't.

this forum wasn't actually built on "trash talking" if you check over the older posts which u can it was build on a community love for the same game, people used to help each other out, sure, times have changed, but just because you don't like the game anymore doesn't mean we don't and we the people who still play the game would like a place where all the english speaking people and other speaking people can come and talk about a game we still love to play without people constantly moaning how dead it is...
    I'll just assume you didn't really read through the topic, so you missed my post explaining the reason why I'm still browsing these forums. Sure, the forums are rather boring these days, but what can you do. There are no interesting arguments and since my interest in the official servers is nonexistent, there is no real reason for me to browse or comment on anything in the general section. I do so occasionally, of course.

Endorsing a positive attitude will achieve absolutely nothing. If you can't handle negative thoughts about the things you like, then you might want choose not to browse the internet. Even when KO was at it's peak, people gathered in here to trash talk K2. It has always been a thing. Everybody knows this game is absolute garbage. It only became a problem once people actually realized the game is dying. It was no longer a joke for a lot of people.

I shouldn't have moved over to the other forum last time, whilst i didn't delete all the topics here i didn't stop it, therefore loosing my admin status on here. Sucks seeing this forum die without new servers added here but i kinda enjoy not having to log daily to keep ontop of it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234