Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 62
Like Tree5Likes

General Question : Knight Online Replacement?

This is a discussion on General Question : Knight Online Replacement? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Dark3lf I was so addicted to the game I actually skipped school and almost ruined my whole ...
Page: 3


  1. #31
    SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark3lf View Post
    I was so addicted to the game I actually skipped school and almost ruined my whole life just because I wanted to play. But once I decided to quit it couldn't have been more easy, just took all my shit and sold them and never looked back.
    As I mentioned earlier, KO pk isn't anything special. Sure, that's what kept me playing for all those years but in all honestly I had way more fun doing pvp in WoW than I ever had in KO.
    Those who say KO pk is the best in all mmorpg haven't played other games to the same extend. Just find some friends, start a new game and do stupid stuff together, that's what it's all about really.
    Well you aren't wrong; KO is the main MMORPG I have played. KO is very addictive, and that is what has given it the success it has had (and don't be mistaken, it has been a very successful game in making money, especially when you consider 4/5 of the player base we can't even speak to properly and the developers have absolutely no interest in what we think, say, or anything). I have played other MMORPGs, not to the same extent correct, but when I played KO, instantly the fluidity of the game drew me to it. It's like call of duty or battlefield, except it's a 3rd person game. It has the same thrill in PK. No other MMORPG has ever given me that feeling, ever. That's just my opinion; that the only 2 things which kept me playing when I did play was a) the people I made friends with and b) the PK.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Lol, I have no intention of making you rage atm.

    I thought c-west being dead was a fact, even the all time c-west fanboys admitted it at some point. I'm sorry but trying to revive it at this point is a lost cause.

    Animosity left, titanz left, that was 50% of CZ activity right there. I'm not being selfish when I tell people to not bother with c-west, all the opposite actually... It's good, and realistic advice. If anything the only one being selfish here is you, trying to convince people to join a server labeled dead by everyone including yourself just so you can have more people to pk with / against.

    Admit defeat. Stop deceiving people tbh.
    well that's the problem with self-fulfilling prophecies isn't it?
    I don't think he said C-West is active nowadays (quite the contrary). But how do you bring back a server that is dead from its ashes? you need an influx of players don't you? and how do you get them? clearly not by asking them to stay away.

    what some1 said is true. it's bc of the prices still being high that the very few people that ever considered coming back won't do it. it seems that people don't understand the basic logic of demand and supply. It's ridiculous that with such a weak demand for items in C-West, people maintain prices as they were half a year ago. And if any new/fresh player starts playing KO then they would obviously go to the newer servers. I know I would.

  3. #33
    SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wargrim View Post
    well that's the problem with self-fulfilling prophecies isn't it?
    I don't think he said C-West is active nowadays (quite the contrary). But how do you bring back a server that is dead from its ashes? you need an influx of players don't you? and how do you get them? clearly not by asking them to stay away.

    what some1 said is true. it's bc of the prices still being high that the very few people that ever considered coming back won't do it. it seems that people don't understand the basic logic of demand and supply. It's ridiculous that with such a weak demand for items in C-West, people maintain prices as they were half a year ago. And if any new/fresh player starts playing KO then they would obviously go to the newer servers. I know I would.
    The point I guess is that that is exactly how demand and supply works. The fact that people keep the prices that high means that there must be demand for it; if there wasn't they'd have to reduce prices to sell. Considering they aren't I would assume they are selling it. Whether the customer base is new, returning or existing is the key question. If it is existing eventually the existing community will become too low for the prices to maintain, the prices will drop. But I guess by that time the server will be too dead for anyone to consider going there or back.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ResserGD View Post
    The point I guess is that that is exactly how demand and supply works. The fact that people keep the prices that high means that there must be demand for it; if there wasn't they'd have to reduce prices to sell. Considering they aren't I would assume they are selling it. Whether the customer base is new, returning or existing is the key question. If it is existing eventually the existing community will become too low for the prices to maintain, the prices will drop. But I guess by that time the server will be too dead for anyone to consider going there or back.
    like I said, they aren't reducing the prices so they are not selling anything. the customer base is getting reduced and people are just sitting on top of their items/characters. call it an imbalance or whatever but the sad reality remains the same.

  5. #35
    Amuse me Moderator razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    7,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ResserGD View Post
    The point I guess is that that is exactly how demand and supply works. The fact that people keep the prices that high means that there must be demand for it; if there wasn't they'd have to reduce prices to sell. Considering they aren't I would assume they are selling it. Whether the customer base is new, returning or existing is the key question. If it is existing eventually the existing community will become too low for the prices to maintain, the prices will drop. But I guess by that time the server will be too dead for anyone to consider going there or back.
    That would be logical, but no. C-westers are so stupid, worse than turks when it comes price haggling.

    Check the market section, you'll always see 3-4 usual sellers (or resellers) that won't go any cheaper even if the world ended tomorrow.

    edit: right now all of the first page are sell threads, and pretty sure most of the 2nd page is also. Don't expect the overall prices dropping anytime soon though.

  6. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Livorno Italy
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRapist View Post
    My thinking. The pk system is somewhat different to most other games but in no way something special anymore.
    ur right is not so special anymore..everywhere u go u cand find cheaters bla bla bla....but the eal problems are in pk zones ...dont want to mention what happens at chaos or in bdw.....all these sheet's cheaters aroung....i dont see nothing special in this game anymore

  7. #37
    Senior Member Adebisi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Dota 2.

    My message is too short.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    from the only place where u'll be able to listen the true Minimal
    Posts
    403

    Default

    ultima online FTW! XD

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kali Yuga
    Posts
    437

    Default

    KO was my first online game after consoles. I found it all very exciting, since I prefer single-player RPGs like Final Fantasy Tactis. The most people I ever played with, was Super Smash Brothers, me and 3 good friends.

    I tried various games, with varying results. I tried some FPS, are really fun, but this type of game not for me. I eventually tried FlyFF, Deicide, Ragnarok Online, etc etc... my gf and I tried to play WoW for a bit, didnt last 2 weeks there.

    I also tried LoL, game wasnt so bad, but community burnt me out. Played until 850 wins (more like grinded), and now quit for good. I also really hate being locked in a match for 1 hour.... not being able to take a break (omg noob REPORTT)...

    I can not find similar game online; No other game I will have as much fun being archer, so I will stop looking. When I am hacked for 3rd time, and I have to leave this game, I will probably leave online gaming completely. My only recommentation, if you feel same, try to return to console/emulator games. I believe its the only good choice at this moment, even though most games are just content/gimmick/gameplay rehash at this point...

    would give anything to play a game like Brave Fencer Mushashi,Tactics Ogre, Contra at this point, maybe i'll play those -_-

    ---PS

    232words/71wpm
    Last edited by Goathorns; 12-07-2012 at 09:22 AM.

  10. #40
    Amuse me Moderator razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    7,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adebisi View Post
    Dota 2.

    My message is too short.
    i just got a beta key o_O

  11. #41
    -The Noob- Senior Member hookah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    81

    Default

    I think the point of this thread is what game you were to play if you weren't going to play KO anymore, not a C-West discussion area.

  12. #42
    Member KayaNOW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13

    Default

    OldSchoolKO ftw...always a joy running the old maps
    WUTANG likes this.

  13. #43
    BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Guild Wars 2 finally got me to quit KO...

    I couldn't be more happy with my life right now. Been trying to get away from the game for so long and it is finally over.

    GW2 is awesome.

  14. #44
    Amuse me Moderator razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    7,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MystiX View Post
    Guild Wars 2 finally got me to quit KO...

    I couldn't be more happy with my life right now. Been trying to get away from the game for so long and it is finally over.

    GW2 is awesome.
    WTS Guild Wars 2 Account *Includes Legendary*

    ?

  15. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Dark do you hear yourself sometimes? So everybody who think different on this matter is kid and "haven't played other games to the same extend". Well if you say so it must be truth, right oracle? Tell me as you played so many other games to the same extend, actually how many times you skipped school and almost ruined your whole life ? And from all games u pick up wow pvp pff

    Btw I played ko since 2004 and i graduated from school before that. So who is kid here

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. hello question about proxy for knight online
    By CryingBow in forum Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 02:27 PM
  2. Knight Online, and video games in General
    By lutz in forum General Chat
    Replies: 173
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 07:48 PM
  3. Knight Online lvl 70+ Skills
    By SirKnight in forum General Chat
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-21-2006, 12:56 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-21-2006, 08:22 PM
  5. Knight Online IRC (Chat)
    By Conin in forum Tech Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 03:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •