Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giving free users a queue system and moe server space.

This is a discussion on Giving free users a queue system and moe server space. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; What if we got rid of the Premium restriction? - Knight Online World Linus raised this on official forums 2 ...
Page: 1

Ignore Me Senior Member

Default Giving free users a queue system and moe server space.

What if we got rid of the Premium restriction? - Knight Online World

Linus raised this on official forums 2 days ago. No one made a thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    ...do you think anyone would still buy Premium :lol:

Just to recap, here's some stuff we've done in the last few months:

• Lowered the price of Premiums
    • Fixed arrow shower hack, God mode hack, and two different noah dupes
    • Fixed 255 stat bug
    • No Premium requirement to participate in World Championship
    • No Premium requirement to participate in Chapter 6 of KO Forever
    • No Premium requirement to participate in the Gauntlet event this month
    • Giving out extra stuff to people who buy things (Ultima's Virtual Item blah blah blah)

The APR--which is an anti-hack solution similar to X-trap but it doesn't get installed on your computer--is working as of yesterday and tons of hackers are having trouble (seriously, ask any hacker you know if they're getting a "Third Party Tools" error on their favorite 3rd party tool), and I have on the test server right now a patch that completely eradicates wall-hacking (verified), adds a bunch of server side checks, and changes a few things that I don't want to mention so that hackers have to figure it out on their own.

There are more such things on the way; Cali and I believe we have finally gotten both Mgame and Noah systems to understand why hacking is a bad thing. I feel hopeful, and we want to try and continue things that make you happier. GamersFirst and all that :lol:

So here is a question:
    What would you think if we removed Premium caps altogether, but replaced it with a login queue? Obviously there would still need to be some benefit of Premium, so my thoughts are this:

• Bronze Premium goes to a priority queue
    • Gold Premium goes to the front of the priority queue
    • Platinum Premium bypasses the queue entirely

You would have more people to PK with, and if you wanted you wouldn't even have to ever get Premium even if a new server came out. On top of that, I'd want to break Bronze Premium up into 7 day chunks and let you get it with Knight Cash so that you don't have to make a full 7 dollar commitment if you just want to get in and PK.

Oh, and for those that care, Gold Premium would be reduced by $5.00 to $14.95

What do you think? I haven't taken this to the big boys yet, but if everyone here is like "ZOMG LETS DO THIS" obviously it would make it hold more weight.

Ganadorph Senior Member

Zomg lets do this!

Hey cutie Senior Member

why is there no crabs In my crabcake?

Banned

about the premium thing i don't really care, but if its not just another bullshit that Linus is trying to sell us, and what he said is really going to happen, im happy

it's gonna be another K2's fail ... it will end up impossible to log in with other premium than platinum, but well, good luck

Ignore Me Senior Member

I dont agree that prem would not get on.

The only time we saw full servers was first week of Ionia. Because of BDW you got 2500 on Ionia1.

2500 is full server. Until the server was actually full there would not be a queue.

And twice as many players per server could be more enjoyable.

Banned

ya.. if they can't change it and make more people able to log in to the first server, then they should change it and make bdw in 2nd server and ardream too..

OrangeSpy

Everyone will have to buy platinum premium to bypass the queue and fast log into, and even bronze and gold premium users will w8 in queue, right ? Good idea !

Quote Originally Posted by ashet View Post
    I dont agree that prem would not get on.

The only time we saw full servers was first week of Ionia. Because of BDW you got 2500 on Ionia1.

2500 is full server. Until the server was actually full there would not be a queue.

And twice as many players per server could be more enjoyable.
    so far, K2 has never done anything useful..

I'm most likely believeing, that it's going to end up as I said - only platinum mebers will be able to log in... And even not, people will believe so - Platinum members are always out of queue, so I need to buy platinum.

If K2 didn't care that much about premium requires, why don't they make all the premiums out of queue? Letting only non-premiums stay in it, without having to keep relogging all the time... Or take every1 in the queue, no matter if he has a premium, or not...

Ignore Me Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by cizia View Post
    If K2 didn't care that much about premium requires, why don't they make all the premiums out of queue? Letting only non-premiums stay in it, without having to keep relogging all the time... Or take every1 in the queue, no matter if he has a premium, or not...
    Its a good point. I said on main just increase slots for free users. Change the cut off from 20%(600) currently to 40%(1200).

I think Linus just posted this. For reasons you say. It would need to change as prem users are important.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cizia View Post
    so far, K2 has never done anything useful..

I'm most likely believeing, that it's going to end up as I said - only platinum mebers will be able to log in... And even not, people will believe so - Platinum members are always out of queue, so I need to buy platinum.

+1..

now premium players can log in whenever they want too, so they should just change the login way to the users without premium, and make them able to log in

qbns

What about extra slots for HF users?

i think they should leave all the prems as they are and make a 10$ Pk premium (30 day), that lets you log in and gives you same nps as plat, but no xp increase and no xp reduced when you get xped....

i think they should keep ur faces closed and try fix latest cheats and eslant dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by str8 View Post
    i think they should leave all the prems as they are and make a 10$ Pk premium (30 day), that lets you log in and gives you same nps as plat, but no xp increase and no xp reduced when you get xped....
    yeah so those of us that wnna just pk doesn't have to get plat lol. the xp/noah and all the other is useless if u only pk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast