What if we got rid of the Premium restriction? - Knight Online World
Linus raised this on official forums 2 days ago. No one made a thread here.
...do you think anyone would still buy Premium :lol:
Just to recap, here's some stuff we've done in the last few months:
- Lowered the price of Premiums
- Fixed arrow shower hack, God mode hack, and two different noah dupes
- Fixed 255 stat bug
- No Premium requirement to participate in World Championship
- No Premium requirement to participate in Chapter 6 of KO Forever
- No Premium requirement to participate in the Gauntlet event this month
- Giving out extra stuff to people who buy things (Ultima's Virtual Item blah blah blah)
The APR--which is an anti-hack solution similar to X-trap but it doesn't get installed on your computer--is working as of yesterday and tons of hackers are having trouble (seriously, ask any hacker you know if they're getting a "Third Party Tools" error on their favorite 3rd party tool), and I have on the test server right now a patch that completely eradicates wall-hacking (verified), adds a bunch of server side checks, and changes a few things that I don't want to mention so that hackers have to figure it out on their own.
There are more such things on the way; Cali and I believe we have finally gotten both Mgame and Noah systems to understand why hacking is a bad thing. I feel hopeful, and we want to try and continue things that make you happier. GamersFirst and all that :lol:
So here is a question:
What would you think if we removed Premium caps altogether, but replaced it with a login queue? Obviously there would still need to be some benefit of Premium, so my thoughts are this:
- Bronze Premium goes to a priority queue
- Gold Premium goes to the front of the priority queue
- Platinum Premium bypasses the queue entirely
You would have more people to PK with, and if you wanted you wouldn't even have to ever get Premium even if a new server came out. On top of that, I'd want to break Bronze Premium up into 7 day chunks and let you get it with Knight Cash so that you don't have to make a full 7 dollar commitment if you just want to get in and PK.
Oh, and for those that care, Gold Premium would be reduced by $5.00 to $14.95
What do you think? I haven't taken this to the big boys yet, but if everyone here is like "ZOMG LETS DO THIS" obviously it would make it hold more weight.