how many peoplo understand how to work the 'buying merchant'?

This is a discussion on how many peoplo understand how to work the 'buying merchant'? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; just wondering if people out there understand how to sell something to a 'buying merchant' because I've been setting some ...
Page: 1

mrmagic2008

just wondering if people out there understand how to sell something to a 'buying merchant' because I've been setting
    some up over the last week and seems like only 50% of people out there knows how to work them lol

some examples:
    1) some people just don't understand the diff between a buying and selling merchant. I got lots of PMs on my buying merchant asking to sell the item that I am trying to buy for lower price.

2) then I get PMs from people wanting to sell to me at the same price. Makes me wonder if they know that they can just drag and drop the item so the deal gets completed.

some tips for people setting up buying merchants:
    1) make sure people can actually see the price that you are offering. Some items you cannot see the price if you put it into the first 3 or so slots due to the info text going off the screeen. Example, saw one guy wanting to buy a flame ring. He put it into the first slot, can't even see what he's offering to buy it for.

2) make sure you get the right item. There's a current bug that doesn't display the diff betweeen an exceptional item and regular item. So if you want to buy a Raptor, you might be trying to buy an exceptional raptor if you select on the wrong one.

Zaczaco11

o.....k.....

kamikadzeee

If they ask you to sell item for same price you want to buy this probably means that they can not see the price in your buying merchant..

some tips for people setting up buying merchants:
    1) make sure people can actually see the price that you are offering. Some items you cannot see the price if you put it into the first 3 or so slots due to the info text going off the screeen. Example, saw one guy wanting to buy a flame ring. He put it into the first slot, can't even see what he's offering to buy it for.[/b]
    after u put an item over there u will get a message 'do u want to sell it for XXX'... also some ppl are doing this and hope some1 will just place it over there and hit enter :P

I have been buying almost every day since expansion. The new weapons are awesome and I don't have time to farm much so I am just merching to buy.

You will get a lot of people trying to buy your items, but they are just morons...nothing you can do about them until they wise up.

Some people want to sell you an item that they think is the item you want, but isn't OR they want to sell you the same item for more money then you want to pay. For example with some of the tribe crystals, I had a guy said my merch was bugged but when he merched the tribe it was different then the one I was asking for.

The search feature allows you to search all items with the same word in it, for instance, if you put in "crystal" you can see every kind of item with the word crystal in it. You can also find items you want but didn't realize you could ask for, and it's fun to see all the crazy items as well.

This feature is awesome for both buyers and sellers. A lot of people do not have time to sell but need some quick coins for potting or whatever. They can run around and find a merchant buying something they have and get the coins. I have seen lots of people buying trinas and things like this, perfect for a guy who needs fast coins and either has a trina or can get one from pus.

Aside from the quest items I have purchased this way, I also have gotten PUS scrolls and things like this without having to shop around. I just put in how much I am willing to pay and either I wake up with scrolls or I don't, mostly I wake up with an inventory of the things I wanted at the prices I wanted to pay (granted I offer a decent price I will pay and I am not trying to rip anyone).

I don't understand the guys buying shell 8 for 1 coin and shit like this. Do they think someone will actually put their shell up there? I think it's a waste of time and the people doing it look like humps.

Senior Member TheWorldWelivingIn's Avatar

after u put an item over there u will get a message 'do u want to sell it for XXX'... also some ppl are doing this and hope some1 will just place it over there and hit enter :P[/b]
    this is wrong, it only says "sell the item" or "ok",it dosent say, do you want to sell it for xxx, it only says when u buy something, like u cant see price, u drag it, and then it asks, buy it for xxxxx
    if u cant see the price the buyer pays it , u cant sell it.....
    and half of the buyng merches are like, u dont see the prices they pay for you, and they merch like several days hoping to get what they want, SAD

Banned

cool thing about buying merchants is that u can buy stuff thats higher then 10gb h34r:

hopefully when turks figure it out buying expensive shit wont be as troublesome

AngelMayCry

but some buying merchant got bug, you put in the item they want buy, but it saids the buyer dont have enough coins....

but some buying merchant got bug, you put in the item they want buy, but it saids the buyer dont have enough coins....[/b]

I've never seen this bug but it might be. I have seen a couple others like weapon ench and others stack but you can only buy as many as the stack and people can't sell you just one, things like that.