Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Patch/Restart News

This is a discussion on Patch/Restart News within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Linus Hi guys. It's been a little while. Before you get happy/angry that I have a forum ...
Page: 1

tuttzilla

Originally posted by Linus
    Hi guys.

It's been a little while. Before you get happy/angry that I have a forum account again, it's only temporary, and I'll be getting rid of this one just like the last one (I deleted it, not the "hacker"). Since I have your attention though, I do want to warn against anyone using a hotmail or live account. The forums were not hacked, nor was anything of mine personally -- the "hacker" simply went through hotmail support and told them to change my password. They were all too happy to oblige despite his lack of personal information. I would suggest that any and all of you that have a hotmail or live account get rid of it immediately, and immediately dissociate it from any of your personal accounts (including but not limited to Knight Online).

If you continue to use one it's only a question of when you get hacked, not if.

Now:

Regarding the current issues, there's not a whole lot to say. I know that Knight Online needs help right now. I'm not blind and neither are the rest of the K2 staff. I would say that you don't know what it feels like to sit here, watching the community be sad, helpless, angry at us personally, waiting for a patch like a ship drifting at sea with no wind in its sails. But I know that you already do know how that feels because we're all in the same boat. Nobody is more affected by each day that passes without a patch than us here. It has taken its toll on us just as it has you, and I think everyone is at their wits end.

There's nobody saying you shouldn't be mad. It's reprehensible that this nonsense has been allowed to persist as long as it has, and yet . . . there's no way to write code faster. The developer has been working feverishly to get the fix ready. You don't want to hear me or anyone else say "Oh a fix is coming soon, just hold tight" because you've heard that enough. So put aside the rumors, the conspiracy theories, the flaming, and the claims of corruption, and realize that this is a game that we all love. It's hurt and we're fixing it. Each and every one of you is admirable for coming to these forums and shouting about how much needs to be fixed instead of just walking away.

I guess the big question is what is K2 doing about all this?
    There's banning, for one. There's been lots more of it lately. But when cheaters outnumbers the GMs 10,000 to one it's just not enough. I've written emails. I've held meetings and made phone calls at 2:00am and argued back and forth. I've gotten way too deep in the hacking community in order to understand just how it is they're messing with the game, and I've had to brush up on my programming, not to mention put my own accounts at risk while I do everything I can to get all these hacks under control. And I've probably done my share of yelling too (and your share, and his share and her share). I want all this stuff to go away so we can get back to doing fun stuff like events, Knight Online Forever, contests, GM wars, and of course all the hilarious conspiracy theories (I may start handing out prizes to whoever comes up with the most creative one).

OK!

I'm done drawing it out. For those of you that bothered to read this far, we're in the final testing stages of a patch that's been in development for the past few weeks. It's scheduled to go out today, but I've already had to send it back three times and it's entirely possible that I'll have to keep sending it back until it's perfect and doesn't break anything else, pushing it late into tonight or even tomorrow. But I've seen it with my own eyes. When it goes live you'll have to find all new stuff to complain about.

On to other stuff.

There were 4 guys on Beramus that had crazy items. I blocked them for investigation the second I saw that post, and I've since had GMs go through and delete all the equipment. I think they'll probably be unblocked just so they can scream in horror as they see the items they either duped or bought and paid tons of money for are gone.

Oh, and lonely KOL players? Please stop bugging Aleenia about those pictures. She's actually 500 pounds heavier, has a hair lip, and hasn't showered since the Clinton administration laugh.gif Really, though, the GMs are in the game to help you with your gameplay experience, not to answer your questions about their personal life. Please treat them with the same respect you would like to receive at your job.

Anyway, thank you for reading all of this. I'm not sure how comfortable I am knowing that the majority of people who I'll be playing with in the game going forward are only not hacking because they can't, rather than out of being good people who simply wouldn't do that sort of thing. But on the plus side, legit players are going to have tons of noobs to steamroll over when they realize they can't use their hack tools anymore.

May you all slaughter them in droves.

And above all, Happy Hunting wink.gif
    How excitingggg

It seems they are finally introducing this patch in this maintenance even if it takes days

Btw cant believe no one else has posted this on here yet... :blink:

Justin Oreos Senior Member sleven07's Avatar

hope its for real

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

I'll believe it when I see it in action and working properly instead of causing more problems and taking out the next day for a "fix".

hope its for real[/b]
    +1

its gona be the same ... few hours later hackers update shit and come back again

FUCKIng OWANAGE i hope this is true not some bs

Oldschool wanabe Senior Member gramps's Avatar

rofl at what he said about gm aleenia.

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

Nice come back Linus :P

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

Linus is a good guy. But we will all just have to wait until this patch is released.

woooot

GummyBear

Actually can't wait aq

DaZeDAnDCoNfUsEd

I'm done drawing it out. For those of you that bothered to read this far, we're in the final testing stages of a patch that's been in development for the past few weeks. It's scheduled to go out today, but I've already had to send it back three times and it's entirely possible that I'll have to keep sending it back until it's perfect and doesn't break anything else, pushing it late into tonight or even tomorrow. But I've seen it with my own eyes. When it goes live you'll have to find all new stuff to complain about.[/b]
    I loved that part...and I'm glad he actually wrote all that...made me laugh and pray that the patch comes out within the next 48 hours

Banned

its gona be the same ... few hours later hackers update shit and come back again[/b]
    this guy = wise

That we would have a KO w/o cheaters its an utopia, simply because the level of programing of hackers its far more than the ppl on K2/Mgame, lets not talk about how easy coding the game has. Remember the time they patched every mainteinance? 2 hours later k0xp was back. I remember the longest time was when logos came out, there was 3 days w/o k0xpers, after that, they came back strong.

I would love to have a KO cheaters free, but I know better, that sadly its just not going to happend.

its gona be the same ... few hours later hackers update shit and come back again[/b]

this guy = wise[/b]
    that guy = banned at ionia :P

Red

meh

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast