Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Greetings Knight Online Community

This is a discussion on Greetings Knight Online Community within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I am an individual who has four years of knight online "playing" experience, i do not play knight online any ...
Page: 1

I am an individual who has four years of knight online "playing" experience, i do not play knight online any longer but i still maintain my career devotion as a social scientist.

I have had experience in United States Knight Online and as such it is my perception that the culture and atmosphere within the online world and the related companies warrant research due to the observations i have made myself and what i have learnt from knight online community.

I am conducting pre-liminary research so that i may focus my thesis appropriatly; but i am mainly interested in the ontological/ethnographic facets of gameplay- rather than its structural or functional elements such as experience, items etc which are usually accociated with games (although these will help in the context of the primary purpose). I am not here to write a review on the entertainment value of the knight online experience. Im here to get down to the real issues, not the virtual ones...those that effect the quality of life for players and their relationships with others be it inside the virtual world or not.

I am here help bring an end to the corruption and malpractice of "virtual corporations" such as the k2 network, that are allowed to exist in the shadows of virtual reality.

This research is ultamutly for the better living of every day individual who is a citizen of this online world, who are also citizens of our planet to which the k2 network also belongs.

So i encourage you to come forward and contact myself if you feel or know you have any information that could be benificial or of use to this research.

Note: I am an affiliate of the [New Zealand] Auckland University of Technology - but this research is in no way affiliated with this academic institution; i am here of my own accord and represent neither government, nor company, nor university, nor organisation.

Disclaimer: I am not here on behalf of the k2 network, everything mentioned to myself will be maintained confidential and anonymous unless the individual explicitly states they desire/ are impartial to the confedentiality of said information.

P.S This is ethnographic research- i am an unbaised participant observer. I have no pre-conceptions of definitive results or answers, if their were then there would be no need for research. I simply ask questions in the hope i will recieve answers with relavant information.

I simply wish to understand the nature of this virtual reality and all that implies, and i believe that as partcipants in this online social reality would benefit from this collective knowledge therefore it is in your interest as a gamer.

P.S.S Social Research on games is nothing new, its being going on for decades and their are countless books and journals on the matter.

one man can make a difference!
    or maybe not.. well see

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

one man can make a difference!
    or maybe not.. well see[/b]
    survey says..............................no

to OP: will u be making another topic when u fail miserably, just like every other whos tried has failed?

what did you smoke? :huh:[/b]
    Many things but that is irrelavant to the purpose of the original post.

Banned

I think your signature describes your posts well.

Ignore Me Senior Member

A researcher too lazy to use search.

Tut tut tut - the state of the world today.

K2 are not virtual. Also no one cares about K2.

Will Star Trek Online have money. Honestly a no money society would suck in a MMORPG. Suggesting a no money society would suck in real life.

survey says..............................no
    to OP: will u be making another topic when u fail miserably, just like every other whos tried has failed?[/b]
    Well please if you know of anybody else who has conducted ethnographic research on the matter then please foreward their details, so i may conduct a literature review and find out what is already known on the matter.

Perhaps some of the words i used were slightly connotative, this is action research- but i here strictly as an observer- so i dont understand how i can fail to observe.

Ethnography means participant observation.

as Spock would say, "Fascinating."

I think your signature describes your posts well.

[/b]
    What signature?

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

I am here help bring an end to the corruption and malpractice of "virtual corporations" such as the k2 network, that are allowed to exist in the shadows of virtual reality.

This research is ultamutly for the better living of every day individual who is a citizen of this online world, who are also citizens of our planet to which the k2 network also belongs.[/b]
    sounds like ur planning more than just research which im telling u it wont work. k2 is doing nothing wrong as in they dont promise or guarantee anything they cant deliver, nor do they take ur money for services they cant provide...u pay for what u get and u dont pay for a cheat free enjoyable environment, u pay for a higher chance to connect to servers than non-payers and u pay for higher xp etc...but u dont pay for a cheat free enjoyable environment.

sounds like ur planning more than just research which im telling u it wont work. k2 is doing nothing wrong as in they dont promise or guarantee anything they cant deliver, nor do they take ur money for services they cant provide...u pay for what u get and u dont pay for a cheat free enjoyable environment, u pay for a higher chance to connect to servers than non-payers and u pay for higher xp etc...but u dont pay for a cheat free enjoyable environment.[/b]
    I am conducting research for the purpose of knowledge.

It is only natural that knowledge improves the conditions of existance for individuals, but that is not the primary concern- the primary concern is understanding reality in the context of online gaming within knight online.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

I am conducting research for the purpose of knowledge.

It is only natural that knowledge improves the conditions of existance for individuals, but that is not the primary concern- the primary concern is understanding reality in the context of online gaming within knight online.[/b]

Then you might as well read k2's ToS and EULA.

Then you might as well read k2's ToS and EULA.[/b]
    Thankyou i plan on doing that, but that is definitly a good suggestion... thankyou for being constructive.

Chachou

What kind of questions you're gonna ask us??

Ignore Me Senior Member

As he said. He is a impartial observer with no bias or preceptions. Simply looking into the shadowy corruption and malpractice of K2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast