Old player, worth returning? where is Ares server?

This is a discussion on Old player, worth returning? where is Ares server? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; hey guys i had been playing since the days of MYKO and KE. took a break a few years ago ...
Page: 1

Default Old player, worth returning? where is Ares server?

hey guys

i had been playing since the days of MYKO and KE.

took a break a few years ago after the database breach and my entire account was hacked...lost a lot of shit.

was wondering if hacking is still an issue? (im guessing it is)
    and what happened to the Ares server?

i played in a number of different clans: RisingForce, Hatred, invictus...was wondering if these clans were still around?

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Ares got merged with another two servers, the server name is Athena now.

About getting hacked, I think some people still get hacked because of their own computer security or so.
    There's a new system NTTGame brought to KO named OTP, its another layer of protection for your account.

Blizzard brought the same thing to WoW but in some point they found out there's a way to bypass it and they posted it on their offical forums
    There's nothing about OTP yet. Seems like its pretty safe atm.. and the population in KO isn't that high
    so the chance we'll have someone in KO that capable of cracking that system isn't that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    Ares got merged with another two servers, the server name is Athena now.

About getting hacked, I think some people still get hacked because of their own computer security or so.
    There's a new system NTTGame brought to KO named OTP, its another layer of protection for your account.

Blizzard brought the same thing to WoW but in some point they found out there's a way to bypass it and they posted it on their offical forums
    There's nothing about OTP yet. Seems like its pretty safe atm.. and the population in KO isn't that high
    so the chance we'll have someone in KO that capable of cracking that system isn't that high.

id have to disagree with you...

im really not sure how i got hacked...i did a clean wipe of my pc hard drive (after a previous hacking). changed my password...i used the virtual keyboard to click my password...i didnt go on any sites...etc...im 100% certain, but not here to argue.

read the other thread im about to post up on a hacking attempt today from me trying to install the game...

There was a hole in the USKO security when some mass hacking was going on. I remember people complaining their items disappeared and they had unique infos etc. It was all due to an exploit that allowed people to log accounts without needing the actual infos. And since the hacking was done by people who didn't seek any benefit, all they did was simply strip the accounts clean by deleting everything.

This game is boring and expensive to play.
    I wouldn't mind unless you have alot of friends playing it.

The english community was very low a few years before but pretty much totally gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yloz View Post
    This game is boring and expensive to play.
    I wouldn't mind unless you have alot of friends playing it.

The english community was very low a few years before but pretty much totally gone now.
    there's still a lot of english players(5-10% I guess). but only problem now is that there's too much cheaters and not enough GM's to keep the server clean... only 1 GM per server and that's not enough.