Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Hacked and dont believed!

This is a discussion on Hacked and dont believed! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by ExclusiveBastard dear god.. Such a 'complex' OTP. You're talking about OTP like its the fucking security system ...
Page: 2

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExclusiveBastard View Post
    dear god.. Such a 'complex' OTP. You're talking about OTP like its the fucking security system of the FBI

OTP probably isn't that 'complex' its just a key thats generated by the following data:

- userdata
    - date
    - time (hour minute seconds)

that's why it's always a unique code..

but if you manage to find out how the pass is generated you can easily hack people.
    It is complex in comparison to other security measures other games take.
    "but if you manage to find", you say it as if it's something you can pull off within hours / days.

It's been 3? years since OTP was introduced in USKO, I personally never came across a single case of someone getting hacked with OTP activated.
    Note, I say hacked, not scammed. Plenty of players got scammed by their sharers.

I make u go TUUT TUT Senior Member kaspJuul's Avatar

I'm pretty sure half of the people who claim to be hacked lately, has been running teamviewer with their sharers - and then someone hacked their stupid teamviewer users.

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    It is complex in comparison to other security measures other games take.
    "but if you manage to find", you say it as if it's something you can pull off within hours / days.

It's been 3? years since OTP was introduced in USKO, I personally never came across a single case of someone getting hacked with OTP activated.
    Note, I say hacked, not scammed. Plenty of players got scammed by their sharers.
    VALVE, BLIZZARD..... you name it has far better security than KO and "OTP" ever will be. It's failing, and you're making excuses. if the OTP is as "rare" as you're saying then why so many private server has similar authentication system than original KO?
    andrewo350 likes this.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    VALVE, BLIZZARD..... you name it has far better security than KO and "OTP" ever will be. It's failing, and you're making excuses. if the OTP is as "rare" as you're saying then why so many private server has similar authentication system than original KO?
    OTP is a method, it's used by both blizzard and valve.
    I never said its 100% safe but as I said, it's odd to see an hacker that's experienced enough, to even bother to try to bypass an OTP in a game that's not exactly famous for a character that he don't even know value of.

And the authentication private servers got is google's, not originally theirs.

Well, OP is asking for help, yet, never bothered replying on the only comment that can somewhat help him.

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

What items did OP's lose? If someone manages a workaround for OTP then why isn't my char hacked yet? As someone who works with multi factor authentication, I highly doubt you'd be able to augment false data to be given a OTP token.. I think OP exposed his info to someone else.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by JayClaiba View Post
    What items did OP's lose? If someone manages a workaround for OTP then why isn't my char hacked yet? As someone who works with multi factor authentication, I highly doubt you'd be able to augment false data to be given a OTP token.. I think OP exposed his info to someone else.
    there's no way people like Adi, you, and others on USKO can walk around wearing a new-car-lease equivalent in items and not get hacked but some random guy who no one has heard of gets hacked through OTP without exposing a good amount of his information

even if he did give someone his username and password; I doubt they'd be able to get through OTP with just those two things, he probably gave them some sort of OTP access, whether it be by setting it up on two phones or something and is just coming to the forums to try and act innocent
    regiss and Adi like this.

That is quite funny how ppl cry a river over OTP, but answer yourself on those question's:

What do you need to log to your bank account?

Mandatory:
    Login
    Password

Optional:
    SMS Verification code,
    Token Verification code.

What do you need to transfer money from your account?

Mandatory:
    Login + Password

And one of:
    SMS Verification code,
    Electronic signature (in very few country's)

How people usually lose money from bank accounts? By system/seciurity flaws? It`s rather phishing, keylogers combined with lack of any security knowledge or ignorance (because it`s bank - their defenses are best as possible so i cant lose money, right?). I wont even mention scamms by Credit Cards which is even easier...

Banned

Lmao xD .. You are one superstitious fucker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12