Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hacked. OMG.

This is a discussion on Hacked. OMG. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Killgannon Asian programming is bad, but i doubt it is that bad... thanks though, I guess I ...
Page: 2

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Originally posted by Killgannon
    Asian programming is bad, but i doubt it is that bad... thanks though, I guess I won't be getting trade-hacked... I'm not a complete buffoon.
    lmao.

Sure about that?
    From the looks of the questions you ask you do sound like a complete moron.

You did a keylogger can only get you if you get a trojan though, or so I thought. So be careful when you direct connect on MSN or AIM cuz then they can run your ports and see what you’re on and this and that. Not 100% how it works, but that's the jist of it.
    You're joking right?
    Ports can be run at any time, not just through MSN or AIM.

Any port can be exploited if open. And yes, you have a port open right now if you're reading this. (unless you have this page cached, or saved, then T_T)

It's usually javascript imported onto websites that can exploit open ports and send malicious code into your computer. It's usually best to block ActiveX controls, and unsecure javascript consoles from automatically accessing your computer through Internet Options. This is one of the main reasons why IE sucks, though I still use it :unsure:

Killgannon

I openly admit to not knowing a lot about that shit, but thanks for calling me out. Umm, I thought you were a bit more susceptible to being exploited while you had a direct connection to someone, is that not correct? Why the hate… I’m sorry if your parents don’t love you or your father likes to touch you at night, I suggest you find a better way to express your bottled anger in lieu of random insults… karma is logical. If you’re an ass all your life chances are something bad will come as a direct result. I know this is the internet and you can talk shit all you want and hide behind a monitor regardless of how pathetic you are, but grow up man.

I openly admit to not knowing a lot about that shit, but thanks for calling me out. Umm, I thought you were a bit more susceptible to being exploited while you had a direct connection to someone, is that not correct? Why the hate… I’m sorry if your parents don’t love you or your father likes to touch you at night, I suggest you find a better way to express your bottled anger in lieu of random insults… karma is logical. If you’re an ass all your life chances are something bad will come as a direct result. I know this is the internet and you can talk shit all you want and hide behind a monitor regardless of how pathetic you are, but grow up man.
    Common sense, try it.

Also read Thomas Paine's short treatsie.

Killgannon

Originally posted by lutz

Common sense, try it.

Also read Thomas Paine's short treatsie.
    I didn't know that being technologically adept and knowing virus and port scanning information was common sense, but hey you learn something new every day I guess... I was trying to help someone, but thanks for coming along and doing what you do so well. I'll have to read that sometime.

*cough* - "treatise" *cough*

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Why you end up fighting in every single thread you post in? Stop the arrogant attitud, wont get you anywhere.

Killgannon

Originally posted by Dro+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dro)</div>
    Why you end up fighting in every single thread you post in? Stop the arrogant attitud, wont get you anywhere.[/b]
    Honestly? Because people are stupid and say the wrong things to me… When you see a post that has a bad vibe the last thing you should want to do is try to provoke the writer, that’s dumb.

I’m finished arguing. If you don’t start any shit, there wont be any shit... it's a good saying.

EDIT:
    <!--QuoteBegin-Killgannon

@Dro, no hard feelings, you're still cool with me.
    Sorry If I seem like a jerk, but I'm not mad. You're a good guy.

Asian programming is bad, but i doubt it is that bad... thanks though, I guess I won't be getting trade-hacked... I'm not a complete buffoon.
    i thought asian programing was good look at jpko its us programming that sucks

Honestly? Because people are stupid and say the wrong things to me…
    :unsure:

Hypnos

Originally posted by lutz

Hacking occurs in 3 ways.

1. Brute force; attempting all possible combinations of a password. *Unless someone knows your ID, it's pretty impossible. *Plus, K2 server response is slow and their login servers are already pounded as it is, so it takes awhile for Brute force.
    Good pass can help against this (NO DICTIONARY WORDS EVER).

2. SQL manipulation; by using SQL manipulation and using the site in ways that it's not supposed to be used (for example injecting harmful PHP code) you can output the md5 hashes from the KO database, along with usernames. *Decrypt md5 and = free acount. *
    Nothing you can do to prevent this one.
    Yeah, no way to protect yourself against this one. Turkys will kill to get in to the database (or be able to inject in to it through site code).

3. Keylogger & trojan; don't be stupid.
    Which most of the time is "OMGOMG, I found new KO Hack!!! Download it right here!!"

I would like to add the most common:
    4. Giving your pass to your idiot friends. If more then 2 people have your info, you might as well drag your items to the destroy box and get it over with. There's no way of telling who did what with your items, and they know this. As much as you think you can trust your interweb friends, greed can turn the best of people.

Originally posted by Hypnos

4. Giving your pass to your idiot friends. If more then 2 people have your info, you might as well drag your items to the destroy box and get it over with. There's no way of telling who did what with your items, and they know this. As much as you think you can trust your interweb friends, greed can turn the best of people.
    That's not hacking.
    That's called stupidity & scamming o_O;

Natazaku

No one hacked you stop looking for attention.
    Its not asian programming its K2's ability to protect their databases.

you probably gave your pass to someone and they took your shit lol..

i can believe your surprised that u got hacked -_-

Killgannon

Originally posted by giga
    you probably gave your pass to someone and they took your shit lol..

i can believe your surprised that u got hacked -_-
    No one got hacked, the title is a pun. :P

Originally posted by Dro
    Why you end up fighting in every single thread you post in? Stop the arrogant attitud, wont get you anywhere.
    +1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast